The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » New Site- What do you think? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2415 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Hiya gang!

I finally got my new site up and would love to know what everyone thinks. There's still a few kinks but overall I'm really happy with it:

http://www.jamiedgrant.com

Thoughts?

~jdg
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Jamie, I like the look of the first page, but couldn't read the first few words.

The second page says "Someone once told me they thought magicians were pretentious, creepy, or goofy..." Jamie says with a laugh, "I'm doing everything I can to change those opinions".

Jamie, in 40 years, I've never had anyone, even through anyone else, say anything like that. It seemed negative to have on a website. I'd get rid of that and stick with the next paragraph:

"I arrive with a positive attitude, appropriately dressed, and never embarrass anyone. I'm there to make sure everyone has a fantastic time." Jamie has performed for celebrities, charities, and such companies as Cirque Du Soleil and the Jim Pattison Group. He has also been featured in the world famous Ripley's Believe It Or Not! and is a celebrated writer for two of magic's leading authorities, Street Magic Magazine and the Magic Café".

That sounded very positive.

But, it's just an opinion.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2415 Posts

Hiya Chris,

Thanks for the comments!

Anyone else?

~jdg
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
Hi Jamie,

The landing page is VERY hard to read, almost unreadable on my screen.

Just a heads up.... Google and other search engines aren't fond of landing pages. Better to make your home page the index page of your site.

Love the graphic look of the logo and the VERY subtle animation around your Herschfeldian portrait.
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3058 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
Jamie,

I really like the design aesthetic and overall tone of it. It fits what I know about you personally. Content-wise, I don't know that you need to change a thing.

I agree that the opening page's graphics are a bit difficult to read, though. Is it possible to enlarge the writing?
A screed for scams, sorcery, and other shenanigans... Nu Way Magick Blogge

JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
I have to admit, I don't have a big computer screen by any means and I can read the text just fine but if others can't that might be a concern. Your site is really nice, sweet graphics. I work with graphics people so I'm use to seeing good looking websites. Yours is one of them.

But forget the website dude, how do ya get that pack of cards into the bottle!!
Come on now spill it!! LOL

take care
martin king
View Profile
Elite user
416 Posts

Profile of martin king
I did actually post a relply but it seems it's been taken off, why?...
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2415 Posts

Thanks for the great comments and suggestions!

Martin King- I believe you posted on a different thread...

Thanks again!

~jdg
martin king
View Profile
Elite user
416 Posts

Profile of martin king
Whoops!!! Yeah you're right, my fault...now I look like the true dumb a** that I really am!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » New Site- What do you think? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL