The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Maybe a wallet for a Twisted Sister ending? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
I've been playing with Twisted Sister a lot lately, and I really like it. I use a routine that leans heavily on a Greg Arce Café posting (http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=256036&forum=82&start=30).

I thought it might be a neat twist to do a final ending like so:
-- remove the queens
-- reveal the odd cards
-- toss the two queens back onto the table, but they are now also the odd cards!

So somehow a switch would have to be made. I am not familiar with the different wallets, but I thought there might be one that would hold the TW packet and allow me to do the switch. I was envisioning taking the two queens and putting them face down with the wallet over them at a 90-degree angle, so the two card ends are sticking out and visible. Then after the reveal of the odd cards, pick up the wallet and let them turn over the two "queens". "It was, after all, only an experiment in the imagination. Maybe it never really happened."

Ed
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Sounds interesting, but I think you are now cluttering up the effect. Smile
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I would have to agree with Dave, the beauty of the effect is it's directness.

Mike
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Thanks for the boost!! Classic noob failing, I guess - trying to throw everything possible into one routine.

Ed
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
It's all cool, we have all done that. I, even now am trying to figure out ways to streamline effects that I have been doing for years.

Mike
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Or you could scrap Twisted Sister and move on to JB's "Duplicity". Same effect, everything's examinable.
Paul.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I agree with Paul here, "Duplicity" is a good way to go. Marvelous take on this and yes, completely examinable...No need for a wallet other than the ordinary one it comes in. You should try it. Smile -Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
I have a Michael Ammar z-fold wallet that I use for effects like this, Ultimate Monte, etc. which works great for the switch.

Duplicity sounds interesting, can you tell us where it can be purchased?

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Again, no need for a wallet here or any sort of switch...part of the beauty of the effect. But hereya go...Smile

http://www.johnbannonmagic.com/

When you get there, check under Fractal Card Magic. -Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
The only thing I've added to Twisted Sisters is a couple false counts....and it really doesn't need that.
Wes
daffelglass
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of daffelglass
Wallet sounds like a good idea, but I really don't think it needs it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Maybe a wallet for a Twisted Sister ending? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL