The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Fractured Fingers Or Faith (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1239 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Has anyone used this affect from Steve Taylor. Here is the link...
http://www.stevetaylorpro.com/gospeleffects.htm

If anyone has any comments, good or bad, please share...
From the Encouraging Magic of...

Tony Thomas

www.magictonythomas.com
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
To me it smacks of teaching foolhardiness.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Kerry Kistler
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, MO
234 Posts

Profile of Kerry Kistler
Hi guys,
Just took delivery on one yesterday. For several years I've been using Deathtrap - a knife board "smash & stab" prop. The reason I purchased Steve's prop is that I wanted to have a less "scary" presentation of my routine for younger audiences. Using rat traps is not quite as intense for younger ones as a gleaming knife.

Steve provides a very nice routine but I'm comfortable with the original routine I developed for the knife board based on Psalm 23. I'll be sharing it soon in an upcoming Magic Beans article in the Christian Conjurer.

Overall, the prop seems pretty well built and clever in its design. It's completely safe and if used properly there is no chance of being hurt. In fact, Steve has made some subtle modifcations to the traps so that, even if you completely screw up, the resulting pain would be similar to a rubber band snap.

When I ordered mine from Steve he only had a few left. Don't know if he plans another run or not.

Cheers,
Kerry
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1239 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Thanks Kerry. So, you would say that the prop seems worth the money?

Quote:
On 2008-07-09 06:24, Steve_Mollett wrote:
To me it smacks of teaching foolhardiness.

Steve - Instead of teaching foolhardiness, you could use it to teach that life is a series of choices, and some of our choices can lead to pain and suffering. It is all in how the affect is used...

Tony Thomas

www.magictonythomas.com
Kerry Kistler
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, MO
234 Posts

Profile of Kerry Kistler
I would say it is worth the price charged. I paid twice the amount for Deathtrap - which has been out of production for a while, though Paul Gross at Hocus Pocus told me a few weeks ago that an updated version will be available soon. That prop has held up on the road for five years of constant touring. Steve's prop seems just as rugged.

Certainly, you could probably build a similar device cheaper than buying one "ready built" but unless you know what you are doing with electronics, save yourself the headache. I don't have that kind of time.

Oh, you will also need to purchase paper bag refills when you run through the ones Steve provides. Should be easy to find. You'll need pretzel sticks too.

Cheers,

Kerry
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1239 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Thanks Kerry -

I ordered mine today. I'm excited to see this drama producing gizmo!

Tony Thomas

www.magictonythomas.com
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
"Steve - Instead of teaching foolhardiness, you could use it to teach that life is a series of choices, and some of our choices can lead to pain and suffering. It is all in how the affect is used..."

Quite right; I was addressing the presentation I read in the ad, which reminded me of fringe pentecostal sects handling vipers and drinking strychnine.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1239 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Gotcha... On a slightly related note, I have to say, Steve Taylor's web site and descriptions of his products do not impress. There is poor grammar, spelling errors, and very "old school" graphics. Even the method of receiving money for products made me very nervous. I really needed a little reassurace before I dropped some cash on his more pricy items. So, I appreciated Kerry's comments.

Tony Thomas

www.magictonythomas.com
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7394 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
A note of reassurance. I have made big purchases and smaller purchases from Steve Taylor before, and also had email communications with him. He is very professional.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1239 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Thanks Donald - That helps.

Tony Thomas

www.magictonythomas.com
uncleperry
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of uncleperry
Yes Tony, Steve is well known and respected among "the family".
No doubt you will be pleased.
'unc.
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and that's usually good enough to make a decent living.
'unc.
brownsentertainment
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of brownsentertainment
Steve is definetly top notch. Almost anything of his is golden.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Fractured Fingers Or Faith (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL