The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Invisible Force and Retro-gravity Levitations (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Webhead,
Regarding the passing of something under your feet. Retro, of course, works on a different principle from Invisible Force.

Since Retro has some angle restrictions and the audience can't get a clear view under your feet, I feel passing something under you is needed.

Now with Invisible Force (due to the method), there are only certain conditions that would allow for passing things under the feet to show no support. HOWEVER, remember that the audience can stand back far enough to see under the feet. The fact you are surrounded by people might eliminate the need to do it.

This is not a copout and I am still persuing this angle. Invisible Force is still in development and more improvements will come but no, at the present, passing a stick under the feet isn't possible. For now you will have to settle for the fact it can be done surrounded and people can see under your feet.

NO mean feat in itself, if I say so myself! Maybe down the road I will devise a way to do it with this method.
promethee
View Profile
Regular user
France
125 Posts

Profile of promethee
I can imagine only one way to do the Invisible force with these conditions.
If it's what I think, could't you use this technology for the retro-gravity, and so there will be no angles anymore (for Retro-gravity) ?
La fleur de l'illusion produit le fruit de la realite.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Promethee,
Retro works on an entirely different basis. Due to the method used in Retro, it would be near impossible to apply the technology to it.
Even if there was a remote way of doing it, it would make Retro so expensive that nobody could afford it.
Retro is meant to be a cheaper alternative
to street levys and requires nothing else.

I need to make it clear again that Retro is the first release. It is fully tested and will be going to the printers soon. Expect a late summer or mid summer release.
Invisible Force is another story. It will be a year or two before it hits the market. I know you guys want it sooner but that is going to be impossible.
As pointed out in the other posts on the subject this is NEW Technology. It is not a pipedream it works. I made a rough model and it worked. I entrusted the secret to a few select indiviuals including Tim Trono from Murphy's. As mentioned above Tim also made a rough model but proved to himself it was practical realworld idea.

Even with these test models we were able to create an angle proof levitation. We are eager to bring this new technology to the market but there are several hold-ups.

Much testing needs to be done. We need to find the right size for the gimmick.

We still have to deal with weight issues and find how to design this for max weight.

We are trying to figure out the max height that can be achieved and still looking for ways this might be increased. Right now 4 to 5 inches seems to be the limited for it being totally angleproof. I need to experiment and see if there are ways to increase this and still be invisible from all angles.

We are still looking at ways to use the application in the cleanest manner. I know some of you don't like the idea of having to carry a stool. Fair enough, we are looking at alternatives. So far the stool seems the be the perfect solution.

Because of this we may release two versions.
The stool would be the strongest as it could be done surrounded start to finish but would cost more. A version without the stool may be released but at the present time It couldn't be done surrounded from start to finish--although using this method once in the air they could see under your feet clearly.

Finally and this is most important. Once we solve the above issues the INVISIBLE FORCE is not something I can make in my workshop. The technology for this will have to be custom constructed by a high tech company. Precision workmanship is the key. Our mock models are great for research and testing but once released for the Real World it will need high tech precision tooling. This will be the only way to achieve a total angle proof levy that is foolproof.

The custom tooling of this device will BE very expensive.

The bottom line, yes we are going to release it but the above issues have to be dealt with.

I need to get Retro on the market as profits from this will be plowed back into the research and development of the Invisible Force.

At the present I'm not going to say much more on the Invisible Force. We've made you fine folks aware that we have a totally angle proof levitation. Several of you have been tipped to the method and verified it. Tim even made a model himself to prove it worked.

The point has been made and credibilty to the almost unbelievable claims has been made and proven! Some of you thought the above claims was BS or just a plain unpractical pipe dream. Both Corey and Tim have shown you otherwise.

For now Invisible Force (now that it has been proven credible)has to go on the back burner.
I know most of you are eagerly awaiting the release of Retro-Gravity and I need to direct my attention to it.

So please people, for now, no more questions about Invisible Force. Anything that needs be said has been aptly covered in the above post and the previous post on the subject. All you need to know has already been posted and all the information I'm willing to release about it has been done.

I'm going to focus on Retro for now and make it hopefully the best new levitation on the market.

So as to not confuse Retro with the Invisible Force any new posts on the subject will be a new posting most like called: Retro-Gravity the New Release.

Thanks again for your support and especially to Tim and Corey for believing in my work.

Humbly,

Devin Knight
Illusion Concepts
MagicAL47
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of MagicAL47
One last question: do you float above water or float above a puddle?
~Magic-Al~
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
504 Posts

Profile of Corey K
Cyclone-

Believe me - carrying a little stool around is a small price to pay for the end result of Invisible Force. Devin and I have had numerous discussions about different ways that he could go about using this thing, and we have both come to the conclusion that the stool would be the best, most logical and easiest way of acsomplishing this.

As Devin mentioned, Invisible Force is in the very beginning stages, so of course there is still a lot of work to be done on it. Along the way, I'm sure Devin will come up with new ways to present the effect, and I'm doing a little brainstorming myself on ideas of various presentations for the effect. For now, though, the main concentration is on Retro-Gravity, which everyone has to look forward to!
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1851 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Do you have any weight limits?
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
MagicAL47
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of MagicAL47
Magicbuilder (Devin Knight) said it would be very expensive and he kept saying it, do you know how much the invisible force will cost, about like maybe in the hundreds or thousands? Smile
~Magic-Al~
Ian_B
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Ian_B
I think Devin would make twice or more profit if he release the IF for under $500.

It's on the price range for most magicians and expensive enough for Blaine wannabes.
FTAMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of FTAMagician
I was very sorry to see and hear that the thread about Retro gravity has been deleted.

Very disturbing as I thought this board was one where ALL new and EXCITING things and ideas could be discussed by anyone (including the inventor...other new "products" sure got LOTS of print this way) so we could all know as much as possible and look forward to new stuff like Retro-Gravity.

Having the inventor of something share as much as possible on here has always been the best and most fun thing about it. So waking up this morning and looking forward to the latest news on Retro-Gravity...then finding it gone...
eebie376
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of eebie376
Me too, I couldn't believe it.
Please, keep us posted, Devin. I haven't got this excited about an effect since...ever! :-D

Ian
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
I was surprised too, but I was informed that the discussion was becoming too much like just one huge advertisement which is against the user agreement.

Also some of the posts showing the historical lineage of levitations was considered by some to be crossing the line and bringing up legal issues although such was not the intention.

It was pointed out it was for the courts to decide who first invented street levitations. Since we are all GUESTS of this board, we must abide by the wishes and rules of those who provide this service.

Since I can't really discuss this issue on this forum anymore something else must be done. In talking with a few advisors we feel that a detailed history showing the correct historical lineage of street levitations be put in our releases. We can't give the true creators credit for their work on this board as it might be construed a legal issue. HOWEVER the books will leave no stone unturned. All claims will be documented with facts and where it was in print first. We feel this is greatly needed. Too many people rush to market with an idea without first doing proper research to see if it's already been out there or someone else put it first.

Together with a few other collegues were are going to do a detailed research on what has been released and when. This will hopefully prevent people rushing to sell something that has already been released, blindly claiming this as an original idea.

Magicians are clever and many of them think of the same thing. There is nothing wrong with this, its bound to happen. However it is the reponsiblity of the inventor to do reseach on an effect before putting it on the market to make sure they aren't just reinventing the wheel.

This is the professional and ethical way to approach the market.
shinobi
View Profile
Loyal user
Durban, South Africa
272 Posts

Profile of shinobi
This all sounds incredible, but when will we see a good quality demo video? I'm not trying to sound cynical, but its easy to type amazing descriptions, and i think we have all been disappointed before afteer buying something based on an amazing claim.
Sorry if this sounds negative, just dying to see of its all its cracked up to be!
eebie376
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of eebie376
Devin-Are you allowed to keep us posted on this levitation at the Café or can you not anymore?

Ian
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
As you see both Corey and Tim Trono made comments at the beginning of these posts. I DID NOT START this thread. Tim did based on what he knew of this. Tim & Corey are in a sense reviewing my tricks. This is NOT me making any claims. Tim Trono who is with Murphy's Magic Distributing made up (as he said) a rough mock up and realized that all the claims were true. Videos will come when the items are actually on the market.

I can make posts but I have to watch what I say.
eebie376
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of eebie376
Ok, it's great that you are still keeping us posted. I'm going to work all summer so I can afford Invisible force Smile

Keep up the great work Devin.

Would you ever be interested in talking personally, say, through PM or Email or AIM (or MSN messenger)?
It'd be great to talk to someone as innovative as yourself.

Ian
FTAMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of FTAMagician
YES!! Of course you have everyone that is a "street levitation fan" really interested now...whether you posted again until it comes out or not!!! BUT...PLEASE do keep us posted on the progress of ALL parts of it!!!

I added Murphy's to my on-line magic "favorites" because that's where Retro-Gravity (and Invisible Force later!!) will be available!!

So GLAD I got to read that newspaper story on your "amazing feats"...as I looked several places for the Mann book with no luck!!

Oh yea...as I posted (but it got deleted along with the rest)...you know you could put on a PRIVATE lecture (anywhere) and have lots of us willing to pay to attend!!! To learn the best levitation secrets and maybe even the "becoming invisible" too, would be incredible!!!!

Any chance of something like this ever happening????
MagicAL47
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of MagicAL47
I am still not clear, Devin, on how much this will cost. I can save hundreds of dollars, but I cannot afford anything in the thousands.
~Magic-Al~
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1092 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
Interesting thread, any updates??
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
yea....
Tim Taylor
View Profile
Veteran user
1970 - 2012
375 Posts

Profile of Tim Taylor
You guys know that they were selling one of these at Hank Lee's for around $100. I don't think they are still selling them or if they ever did. There seemed to be a BUNCH of ethnical and legal problems with this. Smile
Does anyone know more about this?
"Even a mosquito gets a slap on the back for a job well done" - Tim Taylor
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Invisible Force and Retro-gravity Levitations (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL