The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Wesley James Enchantments Review? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
I have heard how great Wesley James is and have been looking into this book. Anybody have it? I would love to read a review of this monster of a book. Maybe you could give a brief description of your favorite effect(s).

Thank you very much.
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6078 Posts

Profile of motown
It's an excellent book, that's well written and illustrated. And contains a wealth of outstanding card material.
It's a large tome that's well worth the money.

If you do a search you'll find a few posts regarding this book.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
jkr
View Profile
Regular user
Mn
146 Posts

Profile of jkr
This is a great book. I enjoy the detailed explanations of techniques covering things like palming, false deals and shuffles.

I also enjoy the challenge of the effects labled as "SEWT". His explanation of this lable is "The ideas are unfinished and whoever comes up with the finishing touches can make the effects his or her own. I hope that by presenting the idea it will spark in you an idea that has escaped me. Perhaps you will be the one to take one or more of these effects to the next level of development."

There are three other levels of effects in the book labled as - Final, Beta and Alpha.

Final= effects taken directly from his close-up act. Everything including patter.
Beta= second level testing, major bugs have been worked out.
Alpha= have been performed between five to twenty times and the construction is known to stand up but they have not been fine tuned.

There is a handling for "Card warp" called "Hyper warp" which ends with a very cool souvineer that the spec can take home.

The effect "Forgery" is another great effect in wich the signed selected card merges with an odd backed card signed by the performer, making a single card with a signature on each side.

Jake
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
Yeah, I will be getting this book.

Thanks, guys.
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Wesley James Enchantments Review? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL