The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Three Shell Game vs Cups and Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Bill,

Thank you for the clarification on the Ralph Read manuscript. I had not known about the Tom Osbourne story.

Best,
Vlad
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I just watched most of Vol. 2 of the School for Scoundrels DVD on the Shell Game. Awesome stuff! Whit, Chef Anton, and Bob Sheets leave nothing out and give you advanced moves never seen before on video. This set focuses heavily on a "Two Pea" technique and they explain how to get the second pea in and out of play. You also get to see a demo of the "Sheets Stack" also available from SfS.

They refer back heavily on the work of Vol. 1, but in many cases they review and then elaborate on the previous volume. If you're familiar with the work on Vol. 1 you'll do fine, but even if you aren't you won't be completely lost. However, you will want to eventually pick up Vol. 1 to get some better explanations of what you missed.

Also included on the 2 DVD set, along with PDF files of some rather obscure manuscripts, is a repeat of Bob Sheets' "Absolutely Nuts" video for those who missed it the first time.

That might be what Denny and Lee is advertising. Either they're adding the old video to any order of the first DVD, or they're simply mentioning that "Absolutely Nuts" is included in the new set.

You'll even see a familiar name in the credits... ME! The DVD menus have photos of actual workers in action around the world, some of them shot by yours truly during my visits to Copenhagen in the past years.

The DVDs will be available very soon on Whit's site at http://www.scoundrelsstore.com
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
hotjacket
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of hotjacket
I LOVE Phil Cass's presentation of the Pea and Shell game, it's pure entertainment, one of the funniest ever. I had it on VHS from many years back, and I am about to buy in again on DVD, which led me to this thread Smile
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24202 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
It's important to remember that there are different types of "strolling" magic.

If you are doing magic at the (restaurant) table, which some call "table hopping (insert bad visual image here), then you probably won't have any place to put the cups or shells. If you are working at a corporate gig, you have a larger choice of options. You can carry a small table or work at one of the various surfaces that are available ath the venue,

So you might want to consider these factors.

Also, there are angles of visibility to consider. Learn where the bad spots are.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1717 Posts

Profile of jakeg
I think that we worry too much about the feelings of the volunteers. If you use several people in your routine, none Feels that they are being picked out to look stupid.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Three Shell Game vs Cups and Balls (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL