The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Book on coincidence tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
819 Posts

Profile of David Regal
I remember reading in genii there is a book put out a few years ago with lots of patter and scripting for coincidence tricks. I can not remember the name for the life of me. can anyone help me out?
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
If I'm the only one that "got" this post then so be it.

Thanks for the spontaneous laugh David, I needed it.

peace, charlie

p.s. I would've paid twice the amount for your book. It's fantastic!
digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
What are the odds of THAT happening?!? Smile Wow.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
What a coincidence!
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5154 Posts

Profile of landmark
The book was called "What a coincidence!" by David Regal and Joshua Barrett
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Lol...
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1746 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Wasn't it called 'Approaching Magic'?
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4877 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
I am left speechless by all this banter. My only recourse is to give all of you the silent treatment!!
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
Quote:
On 2008-07-10 11:51, David Regal wrote:
I remember reading in genii there is a book put out a few years ago with lots of patter and scripting for coincidence tricks. I can not remember the name for the life of me. can anyone help me out?

The replies to David's request seem to imply that it was intended as a joke. This has left me very puzzled. I like to think of myself as an intelligent person - and I write and perform stand-up comedy myself - but I've read David's post many times and all I can say is, if there's a joke in there, it's the most subtle joke I've ever come across. Unless there was a book called something like: "Mr Forgetful's Book of Patter for Coincidence Tricks" - and you have to know the title of the book in order to get the joke - then I'm blown if I can see it. Can someone please put me out of my misery and reveal A) whether it actually was a joke, and B) if it was a joke - what the joke is ... ?

Thank you
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1216 Posts

Profile of bekralik
You had to be there.

Seriously, this thread was started by Joshua
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=110

Then David started this thread. If you saw this thread immediately above the other one, David's joke makes sense (the joke is the play on coincidence theme). Unfortunately the other thread hasn't kept up with this one so unless you knew of the other one, this one might not make sense, so don't feel bad.
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
Ah - context is everything. It makes perfect sense now.

Ha Ha Ha

Now who is going to be the first person to bring the two threads back together again by posting a reply to Joshua's original post asking if it's supposed to be a joke?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Book on coincidence tricks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL