The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Four Circle: A new evangelism tool (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
I was reading this month's Christianity Today and there was an article about Napkin Evangelism (doodling or jotting a simple explanation of the Gospel on a Napkin) and a new method that was created. Here is that article: http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2008/july/11.31.html .

After reading about it, I investigated the book (available here: http://www.ivpress.com/cgi-ivpress/book.pl/code=3609 ) and I have to say I love it. It can also be easily adapted to be done with spongeballs or cards.

Here is a video of the author himself doing it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCVcSiUUMhY
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
Belleque
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Belleque
Thanks for sharing that link Matt.
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1239 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Terrific post and links. I passed this around to all the staff at my church. Thanks...
From the Encouraging Magic of...

Tony Thomas

www.magictonythomas.com
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2286 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
I'm not so sure I can agree with all of his message, although agreeing with me is not a criterion for anything!! But I do have some great misgivings about his views on the atonement ( http://www.jameschoung.net/wp-content/up......y-32.pdf , last page).

I can follow a lot of his thinking, especially the part about going from a decision into a transformation, and that must lead you to think about what you will become and why become _that_ person. But when you present conflicting stands on critical doctrines and toss it all off with "whatever!", then I have to question the validity of the message. When Jesus declared something, He left nothing open to discussion. If you have a critical message for the redemption of lost souls, then declare it.

That being said, the presentation itself is certainly more "today" than much of the stuff we grew up with too many years ago. But how would you get a spongeball inside a spongeball?

Ed
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2008-07-11 13:56, Ed_Millis wrote:
I'm not so sure I can agree with all of his message, although agreeing with me is not a criterion for anything!! But I do have some great misgivings about his views on the atonement.

Maybe I am misreading his meaning, but it appears to me that he is only giving examples of others' theories of atonement. Regardless of how it "works", Jesus dies for our sins. I don't think Thomas Aquinas or anyone else knows how it works until we are all called "home".

Quote:
I can follow a lot of his thinking, especially the part about going from a decision into a transformation, and that must lead you to think about what you will become and why become _that_ person. But when you present conflicting stands on critical doctrines and toss it all off with "whatever!", then I have to question the validity of the message. When Jesus declared something, He left nothing open to discussion. If you have a critical message for the redemption of lost souls, then declare it.

I can't find the "whatever!" part in the reading. Can you point me in the right direction? Every analysis of scripture that we can read comes from a human being, so it is susceptible to the writer's personality, beliefs, and interpretation.

I think that we, as humans, have conditioned ourselves to require physical evidence for everything, instead of relying on faith (read some of the comments under the Amazon listing for this book). Can I show you undisputable physical evidence that I love my wife and children? Probably not, but that doesn't make my love for them any less real.

In the same way, God's love is real as is salvation. It is a much more simple process than we want to make it. Kudos to Mr. Choung for sharing his story and for helping to provide a fresh perspective on salvation.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Four Circle: A new evangelism tool (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL