The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » What is the different between Lincoln's Best Boon & The normal boon writer (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I still use this as my go to - and I've tried many - but you really need to try different ones to truly know what works for you
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Lou Is
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Lou Is
Thank you for all of the detailed responses, on a publically accessible forum...
Brainbu$ter
View Profile
Loyal user
Indianapolis, IN
292 Posts

Profile of Brainbu$ter
I've tried many, including Lincoln's Best Boon (lost it) and Super Sharpie (I have it and have used it a lot).
The best one (and most stable) by far is Solaris Swami. It's no longer available.
You'll see it listed on shops like Madhatter, but what you'll receive is the "Swami Supreme," which is awful and nothing like the original.

The Supreme is way too big (they'll tell you it's adjustable, but the flanges will overlap completely aroung the back of your thumbnail, and it will still be loose). The holding cup for the Listo lead is way too large, which means the distance from the tip of the lead and the writing surface is a great distance. Your thumb is not close enough to the paper.

I'm very sad that Solaris Swami (the original) is no longer available. I've gone through two over the years, and loved it.
Brainbu$ter
View Profile
Loyal user
Indianapolis, IN
292 Posts

Profile of Brainbu$ter
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2009, magicmonkeyphoto wrote:
Lincoln's Best Boon is way more stable to write with than ALL other NW's

Correction: It's more stable than all other BOON writers. Not all other NWs.
No boon--not the Lincoln or any other--is as stable as a band writer or TT writer.

I used to have and use Lincoln's Best Boon. It was indeed better than any other boon. Lost it (You WILL lose your NW, whichever you end up using).

Then I tried a band writer. Fell in love with the band writer. (Solaris Swami Secure is no longer available, now he makes only Swami Supreme, which is nothing like the original)
Brainbu$ter
View Profile
Loyal user
Indianapolis, IN
292 Posts

Profile of Brainbu$ter
In other words, get the Lincoln's Best Boon if must have a boon writer, and are opposed to using a band writer or TT writer. The Lincoln solves the problem that is unique to boon writers.

Otherwise, if you just want a swami writer, and you want stability, then your best best is a TT, band writer, or nail writer.

And when you look at the price of any swami, keep in mind that it's not a one-time price. If you're human, like me, I predict you're gonna lose it. Lost my Lincoln. Another example, even worse...I paid over $500 for the Scan3D, which is a great item and I used it several times. Worked perfectly till I lost it.
Darby
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
230 Posts

Profile of Darby
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2018, Brainbu$ter wrote:
In other words, get the Lincoln's Best Boon if must have a boon writer...

For boon writers it depends on the person. There is not a "best". Lincoln makes an exceptional boon, but for me the simple and cheap Vernet boon works MUCH better. The key is to use as little adhesive as possible. Don't use all of the adhesive they provide you, because it will wobble on your thumb. I think that's why a lot of folks initially have issues with boon writers: too much adhesive and it wobbles. I keep mine in a Listermint container for easy access and to keep the adhesive clean.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1616 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2018, Darby wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2018, Brainbu$ter wrote:
In other words, get the Lincoln's Best Boon if must have a boon writer...

For boon writers it depends on the person. There is not a "best". Lincoln makes an exceptional boon, but for me the simple and cheap Vernet boon works MUCH better. The key is to use as little adhesive as possible. Don't use all of the adhesive they provide you, because it will wobble on your thumb. I think that's why a lot of folks initially have issues with boon writers: too much adhesive and it wobbles. I keep mine in a Listermint container for easy access and to keep the adhesive clean.

That is a great tip!
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
ValeCavaliero
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of ValeCavaliero
Nothing can be compared with the Dr. Crow's BandPick writer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » What is the different between Lincoln's Best Boon & The normal boon writer (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL