The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Cobra Cut (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PMVIVA
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
460 Posts

Profile of PMVIVA
Hello everyone, A few months ago I started to practice the Cobra cut after viewing De'vo's video on the Cobra cut, but I would like to know, how do you guys practice it, because I'm tired of picking the cards up from the floor.
Any sugestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
MAGO68
If you have an apple and I have an apple, when we exchange them we both have an apple. If I have an idea and you haven an idea, when we exchange them we both have two ideas.

Supporting the open source community.
Lonnie Dilan
View Profile
Special user
Canyon Country, California
823 Posts

Profile of Lonnie Dilan
Why don't you go to the handlordz forum and ask in there. You will find a whole forum full of guys who practice the cut and they will be able to help you out with your questions.

http://www.handlordz.com

There are some cool teaching vids on the site too.
cardboy18
View Profile
Regular user
New york
128 Posts

Profile of cardboy18
I was originaly thinking of making 3 packets of cards that would stay together through glue or wrapping tape around them.
I haven't tried this though, however.
Cardjinx
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Cardjinx
Not sure its cool to ask for it over the net. He did release it on his teaching CD and hear a DVD is coming soon. It would be like teaching someones pet magic trick on this forum.

NOT COOL man.

If you check his forum, several had already tried asking the question, and De'vo politely posted that it would not be fair to those that had paid to learn it.

He's right!
Cardjinx Smile
Great Domino
View Profile
Special user
Canada
538 Posts

Profile of Great Domino
May I suggest putting rubberbands around the upper most packet?
mack10
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of mack10
Dude, wait until the DVD is released. It will expain everything and more.

Unless you already bought the superhandz CD, then I'm sure De'vo would be more than happy to tell you everything, and even tutor you over the net.
SKILL
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
145 Posts

Profile of SKILL
It would not be fair to those that have paid to learn it. Ok, be nice and be careful the flourish world is watching you.
Skill
Smile Smile Smile Smile
In order to arrive at perfeccion
you must go through the failure
Japanese Thoughts
Great Domino
View Profile
Special user
Canada
538 Posts

Profile of Great Domino
Guccimagic, Please get back to me on that DVD from DEVO. I'd like to get my hands on it and get down to some serious practice time.
mack10
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of mack10
Not sure who Gucci magic is, but De'vo is releasing his cradle to grave DVD, then the Cobra right after it. Should be in JUN-JUL (Cobra) time frame, from what I gather on his forum.

He already took reservations for the CTG DVD (closed now), check the forum in a month or two to reserve your Cobra. As you know, his stuff is hot, and goes quickly.
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
Great! I've been trying to get a copy of the cobra CD without success. I'll get the DVD as soon as it comes out.
Jamil
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Jamil
That Cradle to Grave is going to be the best! All of De'vo's stuff is unbelievable. Can't wait for the Cobra DVDs either.

J
kipling100
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of kipling100
Can someone describe cradle to grave?
Cardjinx
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Cardjinx
From what I understand from those who have seen it:

It is a complete flourish routine that starts in the box, and ends in the box. Everything that happens in between is not so simple. The box is opened from the back of the hand, and the cards taken out. Then the cards are cut like sybil, but supposed to be the best sybil idea ever. Then the cards are put back into the box with one hand, and with the cards opening the box to do it. Also, at the end, all of the cards are in perfect order INSIDE the box - most likely the entire routine is false. Also from the beginning to the end is supposed to all flow together, and be lightning fast. The real killer part is supposed to be De'vo's never before seen sybil concept. I for one can't wait to see it. I heard from a guy at a magic shop that saw it who said it was the craziest thing he ever saw with a deck of cards. Smile

The DVD however is supposed to have other material including several box openings, closes, his flipback, and flipback fan (the first time he ever released the work on it).
You can check his forum at http://www.handlordz.com for more information. He updates the forum quite frequently.

I can't wait!
Cardjinx Smile
mack10
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of mack10
That's the most detailed explanation I've seen yet on the CTG. THANKS!
Christian Z.
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
126 Posts

Profile of Christian Z.
De'Vo is off the heezy, he is probably the only person I've ever seen do something so crazy with cards, he did flourishes that would take at least more than 30 seconds to do and he completed one I remember in 5 seconds and there is like, 6-7 moves done! Also he can do the Cobra in 12 seconds and it takes me like 30! All in all, for me, I like my flourishes at a medium pace so my audience can appreciate my skills. Anyways for practicing I just do the cut and if they fall to the ground, so be it, learn the hard way. Or if you want easy, just do rubber bands.

Enjoy.
Christian
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
I waited to buy those Cobra CDs and then they sold out. Does anyone have a copy of those cds?

Lee
mack10
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of mack10
I think De'vo is making a Cobra DVD as soon as he's done with Cradle to Grave. It's supposed to have over 7 cobras and related techniques and be crystal clear in DVD format. I personally would wait, although the Superhandz CDs is bound to be collectors someday.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Cobra Cut (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL