The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Did I dream it ... or see it??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
773 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
Not sure if I seen this somewhere or if I dreamt about it. Anyway, here it goes. You perform a levitating women effect "Asrah". While your assistant is levitating with the blanket on her you whisk the blanket away and the woman vanishes and doves fly out of nowhere.

If anyone has seen this please provide info. A clip will help tons.

Junior
J Rodriguez
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Well... perhaps its a bit of both...
Greg Frewin performed a very similar piece on WGM, where the girl floats, passes thru his body, then vanishes into many doves flying out of nowhere... The vanish is pretty startling to a lay audience... Lets see if there's a video...

Can't find it...
sorry man
davemajor
View Profile
Regular user
UK
184 Posts

Profile of davemajor
video.google.co.uk

That's the link to the video, (you have to scroll down the left hand side and its called levitation illusion).

Dave Major
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
773 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
I think I must of dreamt it but I like frewin's thinking, and the routine is nice, I didn't know he was the first to have a levitating woman pass thru him, looks a bit complicated, I've seen some other clip of a magician doing it but was much cleaner...thanks for the clip dave I enjoyed it.

Junior
J Rodriguez
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Ahh... the link is on the left of the page. You knw, this act has disturbed me since I watched it years back. The song gets stuck in my head and then it starts to freak me out. I don't knw, its jus me but the music actually scares me...
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
773 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
That's hilarious....next time you watch it try muteing it....it does get stuck in your head after a while.

Junior
J Rodriguez
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Junior, you might be sitting on a gold mine. You should invent it. Dreams can come true.
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
773 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
Dynamike...time to get creative....now where did I put that floating lady????lol...

Junior
J Rodriguez
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
880 Posts

Profile of sperris
Joesph gabriel may be who you are thinking of...he originally did the asrah vanish of a woman to a parrot that flew over the audience and came back then went into the parrot to girl cage and transformed back into the girl that originally vanished via asrah...he's been doing it way back since "city lights" so you could have seen it somewhere along since then...i hadn't seen frewin's version...i wouldn't want to clean the stains out of the gimmick from all those doves from them sitting in it and hanging out until the "launch"
DANSPERRY.COM
uncleperry
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of uncleperry
Yes, the music. Does anybody know the piece and where it can be found?
A beautifully, magical effect. you can always count on Frewin.
By the way, Dan, I have become a HUGE Sperry fan!
'unc.
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and that's usually good enough to make a decent living.
'unc.
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Does your love for Sperry explain your nick? PERRY SPERRY...hmmm! hahah
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Did I dream it ... or see it??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL