The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Deceptive Steps/Bases (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic74Josh
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
101 Posts

Profile of Magic74Josh
I am looking to build a set of deceptive steps and a deceptive base. I have purchased many illusion design books and no blue prints come detailed enough to really build these items, does anybody know where I might be able to get something like this??? Please give me any input at all! Smile
Magically Yours,
Magic74Josh
Magic7Josh@aol.com
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
Illusionworks Video Volume 1. They build a deceptive base and deceptive steps on the video, so that you can see step by step on what to do. I would highly recommend this video. Definitely worth 30 bucks.
Believe In Magic....I do!
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Yeah, the Illusion Works video 1 covers it step by step. I suggest you have the remote, a pencil, and paper in hand while viewing. There is a lot of info to take in on the steps and bases!

Ed
Backroomboy
View Profile
Regular user
David
114 Posts

Profile of Backroomboy
Illusion steps depend heavily upon the wedge principle. If you don't understand the wedge principle then you do not understand the problem.

Regards...David
Murray Hatfield
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
150 Posts

Profile of Murray Hatfield
Hey Guys, let's be careful of what we post here in view of anyone who cares to look...

M.H.
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
Before Peter M. says it, I will.

The wedge is a piece of cake.

Sid Smile Smile
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Quote:
The wedge is a piece of cake

And I thought it was a hair cut— that's where I have been going wrong!
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

https://www.devilshank.com/
Magic74Josh
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
101 Posts

Profile of Magic74Josh
I thank everybody for all of their input. I thought that I knew a lot about deceptive steps and bases, and I think I have some idea about the "piece of cake" theory we are talking about, but if someone could please PM me about it, I would appreciate it sooooo much. Thank you very much! Smile
Magically Yours,
Magic74Josh
Magic7Josh@aol.com
Backroomboy
View Profile
Regular user
David
114 Posts

Profile of Backroomboy
Hey Murray! Hello from your neighbour!

I have some stuff on video of yours from way back. Glad to see you here! Also caught you in person at the Massey Theatre and you gave me the back stage tour bro...

Can you guess who I am? LOL!!!

Cheers! David

By the way... you are doing a fine job my friend.

And so sorry magic74josh... I will reveal any of my staging secrets, but I shall not reveal anything further concerning magic theory or otherwise until I am permitted to do so.

Anything I say here will be brought before the purview of my brethren and I would not have it any other way.
Magic74Josh
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
101 Posts

Profile of Magic74Josh
We are not allowed to discuss principle?

Would someone be willing to tell me WHO created the wedge principle? I would like to do some research. Smile
Magically Yours,
Magic74Josh
Magic7Josh@aol.com
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
Where can I find information on the Wedge principle? I know about bases, but have never thought about steps until Copperfield walked thru the Great Wall.

Jakks
Magic74Josh
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
101 Posts

Profile of Magic74Josh
Could somebody please help me and Dr. Jakks?
Magically Yours,
Magic74Josh
Magic7Josh@aol.com
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of collective foundry
There are many consultants in the industry for this sort of thing. Perhaps in private one would be willing to discuss modern principles of illusion with you. I do however feel this topic may be too public for some of us. Thanks

RCR
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
I am not actually looking for someone to tell me how the wedge works, but to give me a source as to where to read and discover how the wedge principle works.

Jakks
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of collective foundry
Doc, The Base Book will tell you the essential information on this subject.
It's by Rand Woodbury, and can be obtained fairly easily. This is an essential book for anyone interested in deceptive stairs and bases. There are some things missing from the book but this will get you a great start in the workings of these illusions... Good Luck.
illusionmaster
View Profile
New user
Boulder, Colorado
31 Posts

Profile of illusionmaster
Why not try to draw and design your own?

Sometimes if we don't have an exact blueprint to go by, we are forced to be creative and come up with our own designs.

Who knows, your NEW design may be even better that what already exists and people will be looking for blueprints to your deceptive steps!

Just a thought...

Jes

Smile
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Jes,
Good thinking! That is the exact path which led me to creating my own company building original magic effects. The first thing I do, when seeing an effect, is find a way to enhance or better it. Otherwise, I simply start from scratch and create something completly original. In the end, I find it far more rewarding.
Chance Wolf
Wolf's magic
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Deceptive Steps/Bases (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL