The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Sankey's Ambitious Card finale???? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
Hi everyone,

some members mentioned that Jay Sankey has a nice ending for the Ambitious Card Routine in which he uses rubberbands to tie up the deck of cards (somewhat like Daryl's Ultimate Ambition).

My question is: on which video is it taught????

Thanks in advance

Ronnie Lemieux
Montreal
Canada
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1844 Posts

Profile of Platt
I believe that's on Sankeytized I.
It looks great and puts Daryl's ridiculous hunk of gimmick to shame. Why anyone would use Daryl's Ultimate Ambition is beyond me.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
Platt- don't say that until I sell mine! Smile
William Holcomb
nalu_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Paradise
297 Posts

Profile of nalu_magic
Yes, Sankey's rubberband finale is very creative, easy to do, and extremely cheap to make...all you need is one rubberband.

I've tried it a few times as a closer and got great reactions!
vernon
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
552 Posts

Profile of vernon
Geesh...I think Darylls ambitious card finale is the biz...and it works well as I use the rope for a ring and rope routine, whilst getting the rope examined reasemble the deck...never seen as yet Sankeys rubber band finale...could someone please enlighten me...
Just my teo cents worth.
Vernon
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
What's the effect with the rubber band? I haven't seen it before..
10cardsdown
View Profile
Special user
Out There Somewhere
664 Posts

Profile of 10cardsdown
Jay also has a very nice finale to the Ambitous Card from quite some time ago entitled "Top Card". I'd be curious what other magi bretheren approaches there are to this finish. It really is quite good. Smile
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1479 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
You lose the card in the deck and then put a rubberband around the deck. You let the spectator look at the top card to make SURE it's not his signed card. You snap your fingers and have them look again and it's their card. They can take it out themselves.
per_agge
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of per_agge
i use to have the card jump out by it self as an ending. i dropp the card at the table and then the card has turnd over in air. its prette good
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
I agree that Sankey's AC finale great. If you are creative, you will think of different ways to reveal the card at the end. There are plenty of ways f**p the deck.
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1477 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
Platt,
you wrote "Why anyone would use Daryl's Ultimate Ambition is beyond me."

1. Extremely convincing handling.If you could do real magic, you could do it exactly like this.
2. Extremely convincing effect.
3. A rubberband is simply ridiculous compared to a solid piece of rope.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
I don't think a piece of rope looks any more natural. A rubberband seems more practical and logical and can actually be applied to Daryl's gimmick as well.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1477 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
marko,
your're absolutely right. A piece of rope is far from natural in this context. But it's so *** convincing! People will instantly (and instinctly)realize that it's impossible to manipulate a deck of cards that is wrapped with rope.
Just one more thought: It's not only the ingenious gimmick that makes Daryl's effect so strong. The routining and the proper moment to ring in the gimmick are equally important.
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
Quote:
On 2003-04-02 18:40, Uli Weigel wrote:
1. Extremely convincing handling.If you could do real magic, you could do it exactly like this.
Sankey version is very direct and "magical" also.

Quote:
2. Extremely convincing effect.
Sankeys effect is also very convincing.

Quote:
3. A rubberband is simply ridiculous compared to a solid piece of rope.
A rubberband is an everyday thing that people use every day. A thick rubberband is not a "ridiculous" thing to use.

Quote:
People will instantly (and instinctly)realize that it's impossible to manipulate a deck of cards that is wrapped with rope.
And why is a deck tightly wrapped in a thick rubberband any less "impossible" to manipulate in the eyes of a layman?

I like daryl's gaff, but IMHO the sankey one is a lot more practical. (no deck switch, no cleanup, and it's dirt cheap and easy to do)
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
Yeah, I love the cleverness of Daryl's gimmick and appreciate the thought that went into it, but I still think there are more practical and equally amazing ways to end an AC routine.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1358 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
I made my own ultimate ambition gimmick but I have yet to use it. Its really only practical in a limited circumstances.
Great Domino
View Profile
Special user
Canada
540 Posts

Profile of Great Domino
I think Sankey is too clever for his own good. I haven't seen, or even heard, of this effect but will go on searching. I LOVE all of his material. What's really nice is that he mostly uses stuff that's already lying around on the tables therefor keeping expenses WAY down. Anyone who hasn't had the privilege of seeing his work is really in for a treat.
Keith Larocque
View Profile
New user
Ontario
47 Posts

Profile of Keith Larocque
Dude the effect the are talking about is awesome. So so clever, next time we hang out I'll do it for ya. Try and catch me, haha

LAter,
Keith
Eddy
View Profile
Special user
Manchester
582 Posts

Profile of Eddy
Why even bother to slate Daryls Ultimate Ambition. As far as I am concerned it is an absolutely ingenious gimmick. You can't knock it cos every time that I have used it I have got great reactions.
It is the ultimate as the audience is oblivious to the fact that you have switched in the gimmick, and that just makes it all the more impressive.
When you all talk of sankeys, is that the one where you put the band around it in such a way that when you toss it from opne hand to the other it flies out of the deck?
La magie, c'est ma vie
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
Quote:
On 2003-04-04 06:39, Eddy wrote:

When you all talk of sankeys, is that the one where you put the band around it in such a way that when you toss it from opne hand to the other it flies out of the deck?
No, that's not it.

We're discussing his "Rubber room rise" which is found on one of the Sanketized tapes and also in a small book he wrote early in his career with Richard Saunders. I think it's called When worlds collide.
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Sankey's Ambitious Card finale???? (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL