The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Sankey's Ambitious Card finale???? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1479 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
It's also in the first year of Magic Menu although it's not credited to Sankey there. Maybe he's not the originator.
wesleyc6
View Profile
New user
Georgia
88 Posts

Profile of wesleyc6
I have seen Daryl's gimmick before and I am thinking it that a complete wrap with rope is more impressive than the rubberband, but I would love to see the effect with a rubber band.
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
Quote:
On 2003-04-04 10:41, ixnay66 wrote:
It's also in the first year of Magic Menu although it's not credited to Sankey there. Maybe he's not the originator.
Perhaps. Or maybe he just didn't get credited.

Great routine regardless of whoever thought it up first. Smile
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1479 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
It was actually credited to someone else there I think. When I get home I'll take a look unless someone here has access to The Magic Menu - The First Five Years to look at this afternoon.
JustAnotherMagi
View Profile
New user
Oak Canyon
79 Posts

Profile of JustAnotherMagi
Quote:
On 2003-04-01 22:32, Platt wrote:
I believe that's on Sankeytized I.
It looks great and puts Daryl's ridiculous hunk of gimmick to shame. Why anyone would use Daryl's Ultimate Ambition is beyond me.

Because it looks awesome and fools people. Why would you use any magic? Why would you use anything? Even if Sankey's is better that doesn't this one sucks.
"I am the best magician ever..."
-The Conceited Part of My Mind
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1479 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
I first saw the rubber band finale in Magic Menu Volume 1, Issue 2 in "Tricks of the Trade." It was credited to Skip Sansoucie and called "Ambitious Card Finale."
That was the Nov/Dec 1990 issue.
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
917 Posts

Profile of Martino
Has Jay released or republished this move on any of his more recent videos/notes?
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
wert
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of wert
Quote:
On 2003-04-05 10:37, ixnay66 wrote:
I first saw the rubber band finale in Magic Menu Volume 1, Issue 2 in "Tricks of the Trade." It was credited to Skip Sansoucie and called "Ambitious Card Finale."
That was the Nov/Dec 1990 issue.
Hey Ixnay. I've got the "When Creators Collide" book (by Sankey and Sanders) and it shows that Sankey published his "Rubber Room Rise" in 1987 predating the magic menu thing by a good three years. I guess it could have been independently invented, but who knows for sure? It's tough to really know in some of these cases.

Quote:
On 2003-04-06 05:21, Martino wrote:
Has Jay released or republished this move on any of his more recent videos/notes?
As was mentioned by someone earlier, itt can be found on his "Sankeytized #1" video which I'm pretty sure is still being produced.
garcia00
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of garcia00
I've been using the Daryl gimmick with the deck wrapped in a dollar bill and secured by the fat rubber bands you get with brocolli bundles.
Kevin Ram
View Profile
Special user
Travelling through Europe
791 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ram
This post is a year old.....ha

I reackon he must know by now Smile
"Your the Italian stallion" As said by my g/friend
Richard Lucas
View Profile
Special user
TX fornow- MemberMagicCastle'65-'88
737 Posts

Profile of Richard Lucas
Quote:
On 2003-04-03 18:00, Geoff Weber wrote:
I made my own ultimate ambition gimmick but I have yet to use it. Its really only practical in a limited circumstances.

Oooooh!
"The only difference between a Card Cheat and a Magician is that the Magician shows off.".......... Jay Ose 1965

Dicklucas
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
I also made one, but mine was a cruder version, because I put a more limited effort into the construction. That was due to my more limited abilities in regards to constructing things Smile. I've actually performed with mine several times, and the reactions were great to very great. But it was home-made and vulnerable to wear and eventually fell apart.
But it was, however, fairly easy to make again, though I haven't got around to it yet. I would say how I made it differently than Daryl, but of course that would expose it so if by some strange chance you want to know, PM me.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
ncsteve
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
314 Posts

Profile of ncsteve
I like Daryl's version but the Sankey rubber band version is very natural & no need for a deck switch. It's my favorite method for ending the Amb Card.
Steve
juggle
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of juggle
Why not simply use the "bent card" ending? I think it is very strong, and you do not need to introduce any additional props, be it a rubberband or a rope. Does anyone have any comments on that?
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14043 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
The bent card ending is good, but the idea of wrapping a rope or a rubber band around the deck is almost like you are setting up challenge or test conditions. Very strong, psychologically.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
OK this sankey finisher sounds really good. So did we come to a decision on where this can be found?
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1352 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
I know this is an old thread, but looking for some clarification on the Top Card and Rubber Rise on sankeytized 1. Could someone who has it explain what happens to me please (don't want to know how it happens, just to be clear). I have seen Jay Sankey do something where a deck is wrapped in band and thown from one hand to other and selection appears face up, still under the band. Is this the same trick as the one in sankeytized? Does this version use a gimmick or is it just a rubber band thing?

Thanks in advance

Paul
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Let's say both are good.
As far as for entertainment value, for stage, a rope might look better than a rubberband from a distance.
As far as for entertainment value, for close up, a rubberband might look better than a rope.
Not always all or nothing here, depends on performance circumstances.
Just my 1 cent.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1352 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Rklew64: do you have the sankey version? or just talking generically about rope version and rubber band version.

Regards - paul
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
The effect is part of his Extremely Ambitious dvd. Along with some other fantastic Ambitious Card moves.
http://www.sankeymagic.com/detail.aspx?ID=48180
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Sankey's Ambitious Card finale???? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL