The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Other ideas for a wedding magic with message? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pyroforjc
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of pyroforjc
Hello,
I've seen that there already are some ideas concerning gospel magic at a wedding party, but perhaps we can collect some more.

Routines I thought of:
- the joker tube with the application of priorities in life (God should be number one)
- cut and restored newspaper: there will be problems but despite of all problems you can get closer together if you let God work on you
- patriotic ropes: create a strong relationship with Jesus in your middle

At the end I would like to have some production with a give away for the bride and groom.

Perhaps one could also build a show upon the main theme of love, for 1.Cor.13,13 would be the leading verse.

Greets, Dirk:-)
Lash
View Profile
Regular user
Lansing, MI
161 Posts

Profile of Lash
Here's a good one Dirk. If you are familiar with the C2C (Signed Coin to Signed Card) that one is excellent for just such an occassion. If you are unfamiliar with the effect, you have one spectator sign a quarter and another sign a card. You then magically vanish the coin into the deck and it is actually found inside (yes, inside) the signed card. They tear open the card to reveal the signed coin. You can have a message about the closeness of the husband and wife and about the two of them becoming one. It always gets tremendous reactions. I highly recommned it.
MagicBobZ
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of MagicBobZ
I like to use a split deck with the King of Hearts. Each person (bride/groom) select 1/2 of a card and they match. Therefore, obviously, they are a perfect match for each other. The selected halves make up a King of Hearts, to remind them that, as they dedicate their hearts to each other, Jesus needs to be at the center of their relationship; Jesus, THE King of Hearts.
Most dealers have "Split Deck". The trick is finding one that is a "King of Hearts" split deck. I have, and use, both the regular size deck and a jumbo deck.
Blessings....
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Honestly, I think you should look more for wedding-themed stuff than gospel routines. I'm not sure what your situation is, but gospel magic seems sort of heavy-handed for a wedding reception, if that's what you're doing...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
pyroforjc
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of pyroforjc
Yet thanks a lot for these ideas!..I like the C2C and the split-deck idea with gospel application:-)
Sure, if you have other wedding-themed stuff, just write it in - perhaps I can use it or think about a gospel application. T
he wedding reception is the one of my brother and I like to give both of them some short message (besides, this could decrease the concerns of the christian guests about magic, if you understand what I mean..;o).-.1.Cor.13 was the paragraph the wedding couple choose.
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
I have to agree with earlier comment, Gospel magic at a wedding reception seems a little over the top. It's not your day, it's their day...if you want to share a message of encouragment on how to keep the marriage strong, you could do it as a toast/statement, then you could do something with 3 linking rings, since rings are usually used in the wedding, linking 2 together showing the strongest marriages are always linked and don't let outside influences pull them apart, but then add a third ring, but the stronges of all marriages are those where Christ is the center of the marriage...then end up with speaking a blessing over their lives, "may you never let anything seperate you from your love and commitment for each other, and may Christ be the centerpiece of your marriage"

This routine would encompass what you're looking at...it would cause others to think about if Christ is in the center of their life, but it would come off in a negative way...imoh

I hope this helps
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8694 Posts

Profile of harris
IMHO God/Christ should be mentioned at Weddings...(and even receptions)
I was talking with a friend who said many weddings these days are more spiritual...come to think of it when I first started posting hear..my post were more general....

Like the idea of the rings....if one has it Himber comes to mind..as well as
ideas from Song of Solomon...

Please don't use the old joke ..(as I used to) engagement ring, wedding ring, suffer..(ring)

Praising God

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Hearttau
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey: Exit 15 E
423 Posts

Profile of Hearttau
If you're familiar with "Anniversary Waltz" where two signed cards become one, it would be a perfect way to symbolize how the happy couple are now one in Christ.
Lentidigitator: “A magic artist who performs slow motion magic”... Rene Lavand

"Peace and all good"... St. Francis

"Hold on to your joy!"... Me Smile

http://mysite.verizon.net/hearttau/
MagicBobZ
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of MagicBobZ
I have been hired often to do magic at many weddings. Well, of course not at the ceremony, but at the reception. The best time for this is while the guests are waiting, for what seems often like an endless time, for the bridal party to finish their pictures; not "stage" magic, but "strolling" magic. This does not distract from the bride and it being her day. Hey, it must be well received as it seems that every time I do it, someone in the audience inquires about my availablity for an upcoming event, often another wedding. BTW, using the split deck or any other effect on the bride and groom MUST make them the focal point in a very positive light. The focus on the magician should be very secondary. IMHO
pyroforjc
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of pyroforjc
Yes that's definitely right! I don't want to distract from the most important people that evening, but I want to do s.th. for them.
I will present the reception and all people from the kinship will play a game or give a speech..There should be 2,5 hours of program. If there is enough other stuff, I will perhaps just go for one routine and give one short mesage.

Thanks for your thoughts und hints!
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
What sort of wedding is it with a 2.5 hour reception?
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
pyroforjc
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of pyroforjc
There will be the marriage ceremony the afternoon, then coffee and cake and afterwards the first 1,5 hours program.. The other hour of program (contributions from the wedding guests) will be the evening after dinner.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Other ideas for a wedding magic with message? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL