The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » NEW PROMO (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
I just received the first 40 seconds of a promo dvd that is being made for me. I need some outside opinions from you guys. I know what I don't and do like about this video but I want to hear your opinions. Please post,PM, or email me at jasongreens82@hotmail.com and tell me what you think. The total video runs for 10 minutes but the first 40 is basically a commercial for what is to come. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqZffC3r-qA
echomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of echomagic
Just thinking out loud, I thought the action moved a little too quickly. I didn't think there was much of an opportunity to see your personality or really see what your magic was all about. Is that what you would wear during a paid gig?

I know that you asked us to PM you or send an email but this is actually a great way to improve all of our promo DVDs. Let everyone see and hear what works and what doesn't work on a project like this.

What needs to be on something like this to get the job? How long should a promo DVD be? Should you have several "packages", depending on what the potential venue would be? Even the DVD packaging should be absolutely professionally done, probably including hard copy ( written ) promo information, with testimonials.
Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
EchoMagic,
Thanks for you reply. I don't mind posting your comments either. I have a ton of footage where I wear a suite and tie, which is what I perform in if the weather and event is right. I sent your comments over my editor. The main goal is to show my ability to adapt to whatever environment is thrown at me. Some of the extra clips I have attached involve a college show I did. For this event I don't wear a suite and tie but t-shirt jeans and a sports coat. After the 40 second intro there is another 10 minutes or so of actual performing footage. My goal was to post this 40 seconds and see what I could change so you will want to see the rest of my performance. Thanks again and please keep it coming.
karbonkid
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of karbonkid
My thing is...if it's billed as 'comedy' I didn't see much of that in there. Just an observation though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » NEW PROMO (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL