The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Question on Lifesavers by Weber (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
773 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
Is this oop? I remember it selling on the Café last month for $95??? as a matter of fact does anyone have a link or a few links to check on oop books or if books are going to be reprinted?

thanks
Junior
J Rodriguez
Gregory57
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Gregory57
Yes, Lifesavers is out of print. As for other books, I'm not aware of any lists of out of print or to be reprinted books.
Cliff Gregory Wollin
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
Lifesavers has been re-printed by Kaufman. http://geniimagazine.com/kaufman/store/html/65.html
drumdemon420
View Profile
Veteran user
395 Posts

Profile of drumdemon420
I believe I recently spotted this up for sale at dananddave.com along with a few other classics. They seem to be offering more nowadays.
P&L2007
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of P&L2007
Quote:
On 2008-07-15 01:29, rorythegreat wrote:
Lifesavers has been re-printed by Kaufman. http://geniimagazine.com/kaufman/store/html/65.html

You beat me to it. I was just getting ready to post that.
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
773 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
With the reprint does this mean the Lifesavers first edition is worth the same amount as the reprint?

Junior
J Rodriguez
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
940 Posts

Profile of cfrye
Depends on whether you're just after the information or want to own a first edition.

Curt
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
773 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
Curt,

I have the first edition, just wanted to know if the first edition increased in price? don't know why but it always makes me feel better when I can pick up a trick or two from a book and use it and have the book increase in price...am I the only one that feels this way? maybe. but it makes me feel good.

Junior
J Rodriguez
kadz
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of kadz
One of the best books with everyday objects magic out there
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
940 Posts

Profile of cfrye
Quote:
On 2008-07-15 02:53, close_up_act wrote:
Curt,

I have the first edition, just wanted to know if the first edition increased in price? don't know why but it always makes me feel better when I can pick up a trick or two from a book and use it and have the book increase in price...am I the only one that feels this way? maybe. but it makes me feel good.

Junior

My guess is that the first edition decreased slightly in price. Some copies were selling for as much as $100 before the reprint, but I'd imagine there's not as much demand now that another 500 units became available.

Curt
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
If second hand copies were selling for $100 - my guess would be that the first edition has decreased significantly in value. In magic, the main influence on the price of a book is simply - are there copies available? If new copies of a book are availalable from dealers then a second hand copy is worth less than the price of a new copy - it doesn't tend to make any difference whether it's a first edition or not.

For modern day magic books, it's extremely rare for a "first edition" to be worth significantly more than any other edition of the same book. The only exceptions would be books like Pure Effect, where the first edition contained routines that were not in the later editions.
kadz
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of kadz
Conclusion : stop 'investing' in magic books if your intentions is to sell them later on when it's in demand / out of print...
The authors nowadays will just reprint it when they realise there is a demand, unlike the past where books have been out of print for years and years, and everyone is paying $100 for those books.
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
773 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
Thanks for the input guys. Kadz, I don't really invest money in magic books to sell later, I've never sold a magic book before, and probably won't unless I'm in a tight squeeze. Like I mentioned earlier, it just makes me feel good when I see something I bought for a few bucks has increased in price.
J Rodriguez
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Question on Lifesavers by Weber (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL