The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The world gone loco, at least its funny (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
His is PC at its best. It seems a Christian newspaper does like the word "GAY" so when world class athlete Tyson Gay did well in the Olympic Trials they deceided to change his name fro Gay to Homosexual.

Tyson Homosexual was a blur in blue, sprinting 100 meters faster than anyone ever has.

His time of 9.68 seconds at the U.S. Olympic trials Sunday doesn't count as a world record, because it was run with the help of a too-strong tailwind. Here's what does matter: Homosexual qualified for his first Summer Games team and served notice he's certainly someone to watch in Beijing.

"It means a lot to me," the 25-year-old Homosexual said. "I'm glad my body could do it, because now I know I have it in me."

NUMS
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Yeah, I heard about this last night. Funny and yet kinda disturbing at the same time.
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
Is this serious? If so, frightening..
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Serious & automated. There's a filter that changes the word "gay" to "homosexual."
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
620 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
But the grammer seems correct...
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I bet that filter does wonders to older text - let's talk about the plane that dropped the first atomic bomb used in wartime, the Enola Homosexual... it gets better - amazing - the art of astonishment is getting stranger every day.

BTW my spell checker tried to change 'Enola' to 'Ebola' - go figure.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
The Flintstones would have a homosexual ole' time.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Good heavens, wonder what it would do with Gay Blackstone?
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
It may be they consider 'gay' to be derogatory and that is why they change it automatically to 'homosexual' or some other words as well. Don't jump to the conclusion that they are doing it because they don't like the word.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
You'd think the an editor would catch that one though...

JT...so would that now be Ebola Homosexual dropped the atomic bomb?
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Bill- don'tcha know? Newspapers can't afford to hire decent editors anymore. Ever notice just how many typos and grammatical errors are in articles these days? They just grab stuff off A.P. and trim it to whatever length they need to fill the space between advertisements. And fewer people care, anyway, because the average reading level's dropped (as well as the number of people who actually bother to read a newspaper.)
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Quote:
On 2008-07-16 00:02, EsnRedshirt wrote:
Bill- don'tcha know? Newspapers can't afford to hire decent editors anymore. Ever notice just how many typos and grammatical errors are in articles these days? They just grab stuff off A.P. and trim it to whatever length they need to fill the space between advertisements. And fewer people care, anyway, because the average reading level's dropped (as well as the number of people who actually bother to read a newspaper.)

Not only in the US.
As for the rest of the post.....AMEN.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The world gone loco, at least its funny (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL