The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » The Ping-Pong Shift (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
764 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
Quote:
On 2008-07-17 18:56, Rupert Roach wrote:

Honestly now, do you really think a true artist would use the exact same ruse on every single time? Ho hum.

A true cheat, artistic though he may be, is concerned with getting paid and not with pleasing art critics. If "Ho Hum" is consistently getting the money, then let the Ho Hum.
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1245 Posts

Profile of splice
Oh, I always let the ho hum. It's better that way.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2009-07-22 00:40, Clock wrote:
The angles are invisible from 7:00 - 1:00 ... The rest is the psychology behind it.

For what its worth, I have fooled a lot of the guys with it. I have also seen the ping pong shift done as a completely open shift (bad from every angle) and fly by everyone in a "fast" game.

Again... it's all about the timing and psychology of the move.

This could be said of all shifts, no?
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2468 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
I thought a "ping pong shift" was really 2 shifts.

One to reverse halves of the deck and the other immediately after to put the cards back in the original order.

That way, if people say the saw something, you can show that the cards are still in the original order and that nothing happened.

You can repeat the move for a long time with nothing happening. Mmmm, as a second thought, the "ping pong" method may also be a good way to practice performing a real pass. Simply because it is repetitive (back and forth).

:)

I hope my comment was not "out of bounds" Smile
Long Island,

New York
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
That would be an interpretation of "ping pong" as a description, instead of a name I guess.

The one we are discussing is from someone who was known as "Ping Pong."
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Mike Rozek
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Mike Rozek
Quote:
On 2009-07-22 00:40, Clock wrote:
The angles are invisible from 7:00 - 1:00 ... The rest is the psychology behind it.

For what its worth, I have fooled a lot of the guys with it. I have also seen the ping pong shift done as a completely open shift (bad from every angle) and fly by everyone in a "fast" game.

Again... it's all about the timing and psychology of the move.

This is a *very* strong move in Grant's hands.
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
876 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
I'm currently practicing this move from Dai Vernon's Revelation book, this is really kicking my ***!! The cull riffle of the mysterious kid (Dad Stevens) is another really challenging move that comes to mind from the book. It's fun to practice them though.

Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » The Ping-Pong Shift (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL