We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Thoughts on a (magical) theft (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sehrgut
View Profile
Regular user
Augusta, GA
105 Posts

Profile of sehrgut
So a sherrif's deputy knocked on my door at three this morning and asked if I knew where my truck was. Fifteen minutes later I was in the middle of the projects looking at a nearly-worthless piece of metal (well, $400 scrap, maybe).

Examining what was taken from the cab (rather, what little was left), I noticed something interesting.

An effect I try to have with me at all times (indeed, the only effect I'm virtually guaranteed to have 24/7) is a fairly simple bit of Gospel magic I use with the kids quite a bit: just a thumb tip and red, white, and black silks). Tonight, the thumb tip and black silk were in my shirt pocket, and thus in my apartment, but the red and white silks were in the glove box.

The red one was still on the floor of the truck, but the white one was missing (along with the radio and other ephemera).

If they'd taken the red silk, I don't know if it'd've been useful. I think I may be able to work the theft of the white silk into my presentation, though . . .

Hmmm . . .
"It is February, and time to take ink and weep.
One must always write of February while weeping."
-Boris Pasternak

"That night something of youth and beauty died in the elder world." -H.P. Lovecraft
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
This is a great example of making lemonade from lemons (figuratively speaking)!
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Thoughts on a (magical) theft (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL