The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Shattering Minds Part One & Reception (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
ipe
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of ipe
Hi, I have just purchased two ebook from y2john, "Shattering Minds Part One" and "Reception".

Contents of "Shattering Minds Part One":

Breathless - Open Prediction.
Black - Multi phase card location.
A Stab in the Dark - Card stab.
The Guided - Open prediction.
Not a Sure Thing - Open Prediction.
Not another Open Prediction - Yep, another Open Prediction.
AcAAn - Any card at any number.
I Know U - Thought of card to pocket.
Subliminally Sublime - A thought of card effect.
Mates - 2 spectators and an amazing connection revealed.
Reality Replacement - A card in mind, replaced with another.

"Reception":

A way of giving a spectator specific information without them aware that you are doing it. Includes WTF: you draw something on a business card and lay it down,they name something, the business card is turned over and it matches what they said. Also includes a spectator to spectator drawing divination, a spectator to spectator star sign divination... and Distorted reveal... plus more.

"Shattering Minds Part One" is 15 pounds.
"Reception" is 20 pounds.

The manuscripts can be purchased via paypal to eternalkaos@hotmail.co.uk
What would a real mindreader do?
vai
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of vai
Sounds interesting,

Can you elaborate a little more on the effects ?

Reliability, practicality, difficulty ?

These sound like they are more geared towards close-up or small group performances.

Are there any particular environments this would or wouldn't be appropriate for ?

All the best

Vai
Check out my releases at http://stores.lulu.com/mentalism
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Quote:
On 2008-07-18 18:02, vai wrote:
Sounds interesting,

Can you elaborate a little more on the effects ?

Reliability, practicality, difficulty ?

These sound like they are more geared towards close-up or small group performances.

Are there any particular environments this would or wouldn't be appropriate for ?

All the best

Vai

Hey...

Here's some more info on what each effect etc actually is:

Shattering Minds Part One - Impromptu Card Material.

Breathless - An open prediction that is completely hands off on the performers part.
A prediction is made and known to all, the participant goes through a little visualization process to bring them into a more receptive state, and then they take the cards and deal down into a face-up pile... at some point they will deal one down to the side face-down, and then they can continue dealing through if you wish. They turn over the card they dealt to the side and it matches prediction.

Black - A mlti phase card location where a black card is mixed amongst 2 reds, and the performer hones in on and reveals where the black card is. This is repeated with increasing difficulty, and you end by having the spectator have a go, and they manage to hone in on the black card when it's mixed in with every red in the pack.

A Stab in the Dark - A card stab where instead of the performer being blindfolded (or just close eyes), the participant is blindfolded or asked to close there eyes, and they use the knife to find a card. The card is openly predicted by the performer.

The Guided - An open prediction where the participant is guided to the predicted card. Completely hands off.

Not a Sure Thing - Another open prediction, but not 100% sure-fire. Uses a more psychological method. Completely hands off.

Not another Open Prediction - The final open prediction. Completely hands off also.

(None of my open predictions use any sleight of hand, switches, counting etc)

I Know U - A thought of card to pocket where after having the spectator make some snap decisions, and arriving at a card, you use that to predict how you think they will react and you place a card in your pocket that you think they will go for if given time to think... the card they name is the one you have in your pocket.

AcAAn - An any card at any number that, though not entirely hands off, is what I have found to be the most workable and practical for me. Any card is named, any number also, then one participant shuffles the pack, and deals down into a face-p pile on another spectators outstretched palm... the card at the named number is the named card.

Mates - One spectator signals a card and you remove this and lay it on there palm, another spectator takes the deck and shuffles, and then deals cards down onto the spectators other hand and they can stop whenever they like... the card stopped at is the mate of the card first chosen.

Subliminally Sublime - A thought of card routine where a spectator deals down some imaginary cards into a pile, and they can stop whenever... they lock the card they stop at in mind... you now tell them the card. It's not 100% sure-fire.

Reality Replacement - Everyone sees a card, and this is laid down on the participants hand... after some pattering, they name the card they are thinking of and it's not correct.. the card they are now thinking of is one you have just suggested to them (supposedly).

Reception:

Hard to say openly what this is, but it allows for some very fair looking spectator reading spectators mind style effects.

Included effects/rotines...

Fingered - One spectator divines the amount of fingers being held up by another, or group.

WTF - A sort of visualization of something that isn't there, but the spectator apparently sees, and ends up being predicted to have been the thing they see.

Design Divination - A paticipant divines the drawing of another.

See it in the stars - A spectator divines the star sign of another.

Channel vision ACAAN - An any card at any number, the performer removes a card and replaces it within the deck... the deck is cased and tossed to someone to hold. Now 2 specs come to you, and you will try and send them what the card is and where it is... one names a card, the other a number... the person holding the deck opens and removes it and counts down to the named number, and it is the named card.

Distorted - A way to have the participant see the thoght of you or another.

That's some info on the pieces.

When it comes to the practicality... the most you'll need for any of them is a pen and something to write on... oh and a deck.
Only one piece out of everything even has any set-up, and that's only if you want it at it's cleanest, and this is the drawing dupe in 'Reception'.

Yeah they are for close-up/strolling etc, but many could also work in a bigger environment such as stage etc.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Quick note...

Ive decided I'm going to remove 'The Guided' as it's too similar to an effect by entity, so I am taking that out... from this moment onwards, in it's place will be my thought of card to spectators pocket + variations.

Thanks.
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1041 Posts

Profile of deputy
These sound great Y2John. I might have to pick these up this weekend
gaafman
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of gaafman
Thanks for putting it out there. Would love to see some reviews.
R. Dunn
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of R. Dunn
I bought and received the impromptu card one last night and my first impressions are that these effects are very good, and also very different. He explains a principle and a way of using it that is brilliant, though I am a bit scared of using it as I have not done anything like it before. I have only glanced over it at the moment, but I can see a few things that I will definitely be practicing and hopefully using. He definitely has a different way of looking at card effects, which I like. Some very bold effects as well as very simple. Will be ordering reception in a couple of days.

Rob.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Ha ha give it a go R. Dunn, you'll come to love it once you see how easy and 'real' it seems in performance.

Reception is great, and something that I love to utilize... WTF is one of my all time favourite pieces to perform.

I have put in some of my best impromptu card effects, with AcAAn being one of my favourite card pieces full stop.

A lot of my things are bold, but at the same time they are easy to do and very clean looking.

I hope you enjoy this material.
CardWiz
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
626 Posts

Profile of CardWiz
The acaan's sounds interesting...could you explain the effects more?

I am interested in which one is better.

so I can just send the money to the above email and I will receive it??
People have been calling me "Yu" lately. I don't know, must be Chinese.
CardWiz
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
626 Posts

Profile of CardWiz
"Breathless" looks like a great 52 faces North....

Does it work every time???
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Hey...

'Breathless' is very comparable to '51 Faces North' and it does work every time if the instructions are fully followed. I am going to change the name of this effect as there is already an effect out there called 'Breathless' and I don't want to cause confusion lol.

'Not another Open Prediction' also is a very comparable version to '51 Faces North', though I can't say for certainty it will work 100% of the time as there is that possibility of failure, but it has never let me down yet, and is about as clean looking as there is.

The acaan's are both very different in method, and come across different in presentation, though both have the spectators dealing into a face-up pile etc. AcAAn is the one I myself prefer and use, and it is among my absolute favourite card effects, but they are both very different in workings etc.

Yes that is the paypal addy.
CardWiz
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
626 Posts

Profile of CardWiz
I am interested in ordering shattering mind p. one....

Us dollars ok? IDK if PayPal changes it or not.

If you want you can just charge the sum you desire to karatekidjsg@comcast.net
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Hey...

You can select to send in pounds whilst selecting payment amounts etc, but I will send you a request type thing and then if you decide to go ahead with ordering, you can.

Cheers for the interest, I'll get the request to you shortly.
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Reception sounds quite honestley like one of the most excitig principles in such a long time. It fits me perfectley. Can I ask, will the spectator themselves still be impressed (as I'm sure you know d**l re***ty tends not to give that effect) I'm not interested what so ever in wether it is d**l re***ty or not just if it flies for them I guess!

If in any way possible without even suggesting the method is there anyway one could be told how it plays?

Im very cautious, I'm afraid, about buying anything new.

Sounds wonderful though, truely empowering magic and mentalism instead of the usual playing a deity and look how clever I am normal magician crap.

Jon Hackett
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
Alexander Marsh
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1190 Posts

Profile of Alexander Marsh
I was going to say and ask the same thing as Jon.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Hey...

Something I have always liked is to have everyone focused on the participants, and for them themselves to be the ones who are doing the magic/mindreading etc, as this then has them feeling much more a part of everything, and gives them something to remember.

'Reception' absolutely flies for all involved, there is no one who is 'out of the effect' so to speak. DR is used to an extent, but not in the way where one is left not amazed... it's more subtly employed. The same effect is happening for all, just that where one may be sending the thought etc, the other will be tuning in on, and picking it up. DR is a BIG part of the piece 'WTF', but even so, they all experience the same thing overall, with no risk with them talking etc.

I hope that helps.

Cheers.
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
I entirely agree, and indeed all my effects wether they are versions of other peoples classics or not entirely focus on the spectators as performers. It changes who and what I am I'm a medium to show how powerful they can be, since which I have been using this, I have had no hecklars, no problem with audience control and genuine amazement felt by them and myself.

I will be investing in reception when I decide that I should, it sounds wonderful and intriguing.

Jon Hackett
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
CardWiz
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
626 Posts

Profile of CardWiz
I just got shattering minds...I will post more on it after I read it more.

The only effect that I have read all the way through is AcAAn.

This effect has one little risky move but if you can get past it you have one great effect on your hands. The magician barely touches the cards while the selection is made and then it is instantly handed off for shuffling and counting.

This may be an effect I use if I get confidence in the one hard part of this trick.

Y2John: Can you give me a record here or instant message me your record on this effect? IN other words tell me an estimate on how many times you scored on this effect and how many times you were caught?

This trick is ALMOST worth the 15 pounds all-together in my opinion.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Hey...

Thanks for your immediate impressions on AcAAn CardWiz, glad to hear you like it.

Once you get passed those initial feelings of concern etc, you'll see that this is actually very easy to accomplish. It is extremely bold, and will take some guts the first time you perform it, but once you have, that feeling will go and you will instead smile at what is happening.

There isn't a succeed/fail ratio with this for me, I can't even remember the last time AcAAn never had a successful outcome... not sure there has been a time.
I am always on hand to help if nerves are getting the better of you... you just need to trust me and go for it.

We can talk more about this via PM if you wish... thanks again for the nice comments, I'm glad you feel that way.

Thanks.

PS: Ive PM'd you CardWiz
R. Dunn
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of R. Dunn
These are great Y2John, now I have had a good read of them I really like the effects, clever stuff. I had a go at reality replacement and the any card at any number, both went great and are two that I will be using. The acaan was scary to do but it worked great, now I need to get the courage to try breathless. I will pick up reception shortly.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Shattering Minds Part One & Reception (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL