The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Ideal coloring book for gospel magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

thomasbmikkelsen
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of thomasbmikkelsen
Just a tip! Some years ago I bougth this coloring book and since I have used it (with succes)in my gospel magic show:

http://www.magicshop.co.uk/KIDS_SHOW_MAG......nfo.html
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Also available from Ken Scott directly:

http://www.kenscottproducts.com/TreasureBook.html

- Donald

P.S. Tell us a little about your patter for this version.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
thomasbmikkelsen
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

English is not my first language but I will try to give a short description of my routine.

I start my routine by telling the kids, that the Bible is like a chest full of gold and diamonds. I point at the old book (which actually look like and old Bible) and the treasure chest (I flip through the book showing a picture of a closed treasure chest on every page).

Next, I make clear that the Bible is more than one book. Actually, it is a collection of sixty-six books (I flip through the book for the second time showing that the pictures how have changed to books). I explain what some of the books of the Bible talk about: Genesis tells us how God created the world. The psalms teach us about how we can depend on God for all our needs. The gospels proclaim the good news about Jesus Christ and tell us about his new kingdom.

The true treasure is the wisdom and knowledge that we can gain from reading the Bible. God wants us to read in the Bible so we can find his wisdom. God has given us a chest full of gold and diamonds. All we should do is to open up the book and listen to the stories and wisdom of God (again I flip through the book, this time showing that the treasure chests opened up full of treasure).

I end up my routine by folding the book in half (lengthwise) and ask the kids to repeat after me: The Bible is like a chest full gold and diamonds! As the words are said, I pour from the folded book a supply of golden coins.
thomasbmikkelsen
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

I forgot to mention that I always follow my routine up by telling a Bible story as it seems natural.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Thanks!

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Very Cool! The actual image that I have ont he book is a bible.

Sounds like a great routine.
Ken
brownsentertainment
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of brownsentertainment
I would definetly reccomend Ken's product. Another magician at our church used it in a kids service.
MagicMatthews
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
174 Posts

Profile of MagicMatthews
This sounds great. The colouring book has just become popular again in my area so that most people have seen it. Having new twists on this old idea is great. Although, I have often thought of gimmicking my own scrapbook and putting in my own material to suit the message. Never have got around to it yet!
Don't get even... Get odd!
gbradburn
View Profile
New user
Raleigh, NC
75 Posts

Profile of gbradburn
Have you guys seen the "Holy Bible" coloring book like the one listed here at The Magic Corner?

I've used this and the patter goes something like:
"To some people the Bible is just an empty book" (flip through book to show empty pages).
"To others, it's dry, just a set of rules and stories" (flip showing pictures with no color).
"But to those who know and love God, the Bible comes to life in living color" (flip through it to show all the pictures colored in).
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
MagicMatthews
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
174 Posts

Profile of MagicMatthews
Is this just a 3 way book, as I'm sure I heard somewhere there was a 5 way gospel colouring book.

As for treasure falling out of the book, I think I remember reading something in David Pogue's "Magic for Dummies" about this, using normal coins and an ungimmicked book.
Don't get even... Get odd!
gbradburn
View Profile
New user
Raleigh, NC
75 Posts

Profile of gbradburn
MM,

Yes, it's just a 3-way book: Blank, Black&White, Color.

Greg.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Magicforim
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Magicforim
Laflinmagicstore.com sells a nice version called "Ledger of Life", which opens with various sins and the word "death" (as in Romans 6:23, "the wages of sin is death"), and then shows the same pages with the words "Paid in Full" written in red (blood of Jesus), finally opening to all blank pages, referring to Isaiah 1:18, "though your sins are as scarlet, they will be white as snow." Check it out.
Walden
View Profile
New user
Eastern Oklahoma, where my fence has but
59 Posts

Profile of Walden
I like this idea. I'm doing a children's revival in a few weeks. Always glad for some input of what others are doing.
Walden
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
619 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
These are amazing ideas!
Jamie Doyle
International President - Fellowship of Christian Magicians
jamiedoylemagic.com
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Take the idea of a jumbo coloring book from Danny Orleans's 3 dvd set, purchase a jumbo Christian themed coloring book from online. Show all the uncolored pages and talk about how that's like our lives without Jesus. Talk about how we think we can live without Jesus, and that we can do things on our own, then show the scribbly colored pages and mention that even though we can do things without God, we usually just mess things up. Talk about trusting Jesus, and how Jesus can take all our mistakes and bring real meaning to our lives, then show pictures all colored in beautifully.

Put more emphasize in the patter I just shared. I quickly wrote the patter to give you the basic idea.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Ideal coloring book for gospel magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL