The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Using a rabbit as an attention getter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Someone mentioned to me using a rabbit as an attention getter for street busking. Of course there will be more responsibilities. I already use several animals in my magic shows. There a couple tricks a rabbit can be used for. One is to find a selected card.

Do you think most city ordiances will allow those with "perfoming on the streets permits" approve rabbits in parks and public sidewalks?
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
If I recall, there was a thread about this some time back. Using animals on the street poses a risk for the animals. The general concensus was... don't do it.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Wayne Whiting
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Wayne Whiting
Packing light and having the ability to move quickly is also a consideration and having live animals to haul seems like a pain to me.
Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. Thomas Edison

www.terrylagerold.com
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Of the 4 buskers that use(d) animals on the streets that I know, it ended badly for 3 of those poor critters. The fourth busker is a middle-aged lady clown who I don't see too often, but who treats her rabbit like a human child. Maybe that was the difference, her genuine affection for her animal assistant.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I do use live animals in my magic shows. One is a rabbit. From what I learned so far with street busking I can see two disadvantages using a rabbit. One is the children would want to come up and pet the rabbit after my act. It will be slowing me down from getting ready for my next act. That can cost me a lot of money throughout the day. The other reason is someone in the crowd might tell a police officer a lie, mentioning I am mistreating my rabbit. The police can tell me any reason to pack up and leave. So I can see advantages and disadvantages using a rabbit.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Using a rabbit as an attention getter (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL