The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ball and Tube (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Profile of Christopher Rinaldi
Quote:
On 2008-07-24 12:16, magicians wrote:
Other miniatures of the large effects: That was my premise.
1)niffen tube: a) two sided chamber, one side has liquid, other side has sponge ball b) Match vanish flash of fire to silk.
2) drumhead tube
3) silk vanishing tube (magic tube silk vanisher)
4) silk appearance
5) chop cup (little difficult but works)

Single tube effects, double tube effects (showing two tubes), multiple ball effects, marble, mints, sponges

Transitions: steel ball to BB
steel ball to Zombie or Gertner type steel ball
Steel ball to coin using f--ding coin inside of tube. Will not hinder normal performance. Transitions from steel ball to coin effects.

In the 80's I wrote:
Best Dam Tricks- 18 tricks with the rubber dam
110 tricks w Svengali deck
110 tricks w stripper deck
magic w steel ball and tube
Haunted deck: book of revelations
Sutz Cutz: rope routine

My effects: all 4 stars in Genii
Disc-go-dime
Coin Balloon-acy
Traveling Silks: acrobatic silks without the bar
Dependalite match pulls
Slice of Hand ullusion (the armbox illusion)6 full champagne glasses
Refreshments: 6 full champagne glasses of liquid from any production box or tube.
Card-in-a locket
Pins n matches: matrix with matches and pins
Universal utility clip: used by McBride, Gertner, Burton and Irv Weiner to name a few.
Super-steal holdout
Pipsqueak card effect
Blendo tie- 2 silks change to men's tie
Blendo tie Patriotic: three silks to a flag tie
Flagtastick: red white and blue silks to flag on flagtastick
Diminishing Sponge Balls (my favorite and pure ungimmicked magic)

Wow, you're the guy that came up with Disc-Go-Dime and Coin balloon-acy!? cool beans man, I bought those tricks many many years ago, but could only get Disco Dime to work occasionally, when I could get it to work it looked great, very visual.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Disc-go-dime was a technical setup with an unconventional method for doing a coin trick.
George Schindler helped with the routine, and it did receive 4 stars in Genii magazine. It fooled everyone at conventions.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I will be working on two DVD's, the Magic with a Steel ball and tube, and the Ring and Spring.
I know its been a couple of years since I said I would have it done, but I am motivated.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2011-09-15 07:50, magicians wrote:
I will be working on two DVD's, the Magic with a Steel ball and tube, and the Ring and Spring.
I know its been a couple of years since I said I would have it done, but I am motivated.

I, for one, cannot wait for that! I use the Steel Ball and Tube regularly and I prefer the classic, non-locking version. The very first book I ever purchased for this utility effect was the MagicIans book. This is one of those classic effects that is oft-neglected and very much overlooked. It may be simple, but it floors people, and there is so much you can do with it. THe possibilities are even more varied and endless when you use two sets at the same time.

As for the ring and spring, I have a set and have only used it for the classic presentation. I never played with it enough to figure out more beyond that, but I would love to see what else has been thought of for this little puzzle.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2011-09-15 10:15, Dr_J_Ayala wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-09-15 07:50, magicians wrote:

I, for one, cannot wait for that! I use the Steel Ball and Tube regularly and I prefer the classic, non-locking version. The very first book I ever purchased for this utility effect was the MagicIans book. This is one of those classic effects that is oft-neglected and very much overlooked. It may be simple, but it floors people, and there is so much you can do with it. THe possibilities are even more varied and endless when you use two sets at the same time.

As for the ring and spring, I have a set and have only used it for the classic presentation. I never played with it enough to figure out more beyond that, but I would love to see what else has been thought of for this little puzzle.

The ring and spring is something I have always demonstrated and a few years ago I decided to include it in the lecture. There are several methods for getting the move done and I will include a special move of mine. Like the ball and tube, I sometimes use three sets and have two spectators come and join me on a platform. The new DVD will include two sets in the DVD container (shooting for $12-$15 retail, maybe as low as $10).
----------
The ball and tube has so many moves and objects that can be combined. Very few people have actually seen that the odd effects from the booklet are viable and more important routine-able. The video format for these can do much more for the effect than a mere booklet. For me, its a "bucket list" DVD, before my arthritis sets in. Luckily, I have a built in market and incentive to keep it inexpensive and on the market.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
One of the routines in ring and spring
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj3j1qf-q......embedded
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2011-09-15 13:09, magicians wrote:

You may be doing something differently in this particular routine (nicely done, by the way!) but that fits right in with what I would consider the classic plot. You can remove the ring, they cannot. I do like the premise of pitting one spectator against the other, and then switching it around on them at one point. I do something similar to that with an Okito box routine of mine using English pennies.

Thanks for the link Ian!
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2011-09-15 16:14, Dr_J_Ayala wrote:
Quote:

You may be doing something differently in this particular routine (nicely done, by the way!) but that fits right in with what I would consider the classic plot. You can remove the ring, they cannot. I do like the premise of pitting one spectator against the other, and then switching it around on them at one point. I do something similar to that with an Okito box routine of mine using English pennies.

Thanks for the link Ian!

What you don't see or notice, is that the "move" is done with one hand and each hand has a different purpose. Then I tease the spectators as I reveal the secret when I say "when you aren't looking" I do the secret move. Then the plot thickens when even after teaching them the move, they can't do it (because of the magicians twist which puts two spring rungs onto the ring.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22840 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Magic Ian, why are you explaining this in an open forum? Let them buy the book or take this the Banquet area. Your lust for recognition has over come your logic.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2011-09-15 19:22, wmhegbli wrote:
Magic Ian, why are you explaining this in an open forum? Let them buy the book or take this the Banquet area. Your lust for recognition has over come your logic.

I am just too lazy and always illogical. I am also of the opinion that lurkers and secret seekers are few and far between. There is no book on the "ring and spring", and the DVD is in the works. I didn't disclose the ball and tube.
----------
Where is the banquet area?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22840 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Magic Ian, go to the main page then scroll all the way to the bottom of all the topic. There ie a heading called "The Banquet Room", post open content in that area.
By the way, I was not speaking of the Ball and Tube, I was reading how close you were to revealing the Ring and Spring, last part.

I still use this stuff, and don't want it generally known. It is fun to be fooled by something seemingly so simple.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2011-09-15 23:29, wmhegbli wrote:
Magic Ian, go to the main page then scroll all the way to the bottom of all the topic. There ie a heading called "The Banquet Room", post open content in that area. Or you can click here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewf......37&86021

By the way, I was not speaking of the Ball and Tube, I was reading how close you were to revealing the Ring and Spring, last part.

I still use this stuff, and don't want it generally known. It is fun to be fooled by something seemingly so simple.

Thanks for that link. The two effects are my favorites. The methods I use for them are not conventional so I get the pleasure of fooling the public and stumping the magicians. I do not always tip the effect during a performance but I uploaded the video clp as a point of reference for this thread. The outline of my DVD winds up being 1/2 hr to 40 minutes and will include two ring and spring sets packed in the DVD case. The ball and tube might be well over an hour.
SteveFromSpokane
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of SteveFromSpokane
Did Magic Ian's DVD ever get released? Have searched but not found it yet.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5765 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:

I'll be looking for the DVD when it comes out. I love routines that are great in effect, yet are easy to put into the repertoire. Nice video clip!
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2012-02-18 11:07, SteveFromSpokane wrote:
Did Magic Ian's DVD ever get released? Have searched but not found it yet.

Its almost done. I want to reshoot it with better sound and lighting.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Any status as to when this will be available?
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2012-03-04 12:50, nonvpro wrote:
Any status as to when this will be available?

Ring and spring is being re-shot due to some sound problems.
The Steel ball and tube is half done.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Looking forward to The Steel Ball and Tube.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Very much looking forward to the Ball and Tube video - I really enjoy using the ideas in the book version!
SKILL
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
145 Posts

Profile of SKILL
EZ Magic Ball And Tube all the way and my good friend Doc Hilfort has a really strong routine
In order to arrive at perfeccion
you must go through the failure
Japanese Thoughts
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ball and Tube (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL