The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ball and Tube (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2012-03-18 11:36, SKILL wrote:
EZ Magic Ball And Tube all the way and my good friend Doc Hilfort has a really strong routine

Docc Hilford wrote:
Quote:
Magic Ian's classic booklet is a terrific little tome for anyone using the Ball & Tube.
it was the first and only, I might add, booklet on the subject for years.
I was happy to own mine ages ago.
It truly got me thinking about the prop when I was performing my routine back in the 1980s.
His thinking is years ahead of it's time.
There are clever ideas that may be utilized by a clever performer.

However, the effects of our two routines and understanding of the prop are completely different.
And artwork was the public domain instructions from various sets.
I believe Ian's book was indeed the source of some of those illustrations for me back then.

Again, if you don't have magic Ian's booklet on the Ball & Tube, you should!
And Ian, if you'll post your mailing address I'd love to send you a copy of the DVD, The Vault
with my thanks for getting us all to remember the classic effects in magic.

Thanks,
Docc Hilford

I thank Docc for his kind words and his explanation of his inclusion of the illustrations. I did obtain permission from any existing companies who had claim to those. One of which came automatically, as Ed Mishell did my cover artwork and internal ad for Tannens clip art.
For the record I did copyright the entire booklet when I wrote it, including a fabrication of some facts in the preface. Walter Gibson had a few fibs as well.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
SKILL
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
145 Posts

Profile of SKILL
Doc Hilfort from Florida has a really nice handling of this effect I don't remember the name right now ..
In order to arrive at perfeccion
you must go through the failure
Japanese Thoughts
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20498 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
We lost Magic Ian (Magicians - above here on The Magic Café) July 4th. Ian is my idle when it comes to Ball and Tube.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2013-11-10 17:57, Bob Sanders wrote:
We lost Magic Ian (Magicians - above here on The Magic Café) July 4th. Ian is my idle when it comes to Ball and Tube.

I second that. He may not have been as frequently published as other well-known magicians, but he was a prolific creator. In fact, many of his creations have become standards that are performed by many performers unaware they are using his creations/ideas!
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5003 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Is his family, or anyone else still selling his ball and tube material? And dies anyone know hiw to go about ordering it?
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22446 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
While supply lasts.

Book
http://www.tricksupply.com/product-p/steelballbook.htm

Steel Ball and Tube, this is the one Ian sold and recommended.
http://www.tricksupply.com/product-p/10.014.htm
wandmgc8
View Profile
Regular user
Tennessee
140 Posts

Profile of wandmgc8
Hello to all! I've been enjoying this thread and the late Magic Ian's posts here. For those interested, here is a link to photos of the Ball & Tube Wands that were made just before his passing.

http://moonlightmagic.us/#/ball-tube-wands/4578008615

I am honored and grateful to say that we are continuing the production of these wands with the permission and blessings of Ian's family.

Michael
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20498 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
That is wonderful!
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7039 Posts

Profile of bowers
These are beautiful..
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17049 Posts

Profile of joseph
Great idea..Wonder when available...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
wandmgc8
View Profile
Regular user
Tennessee
140 Posts

Profile of wandmgc8
Thanks indeed Mr. Bowers & Bob! I've been working on these on the weekends aside from my RNT duties, so, takes a bit of a wait, but, just contact me if interested. I thought also it was a truly inspired idea from Ian, and just seemed like the perfect match of two classic items. Since the wand also converts to a "pocket-size" version, it's great for table-hopping/walk-around...the Ball & Tube being pretty much a close-up effect anyway.

Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ball and Tube (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL