The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » JUMPING STOOL???? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
Dose anyone use this, and dose anyone have any good lines for it?!

Kyle

BTW: when I say jumping stool, I mean the chair and nothing else!!!
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
Yes, I use mine in just about every show. I don't really say much, it's more of a suprise effect. The only thing I say is after I catch it in mid air I'll say, " Boy, it really hurts when it hits you under the chin "!. I've use the chair for about 10 tears now, and it always gets some oohs and ahhs and lots of laughs. I have a prop, usually my Duck pan lid sitting on it, so I have a reason for it to be by me. One time after a show we were putting things away and a fellow grabbed the chair without us knowing it, and took it across the room to use at a computer, not knowing anything about it. No need to say what happened when he tried to sit on it. He did get mad at us, but later on calmed down and got a good laugh himself. Good thing he diden't beak his tailbone or something.
Bob.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
You could ask Café member (and world champion children's entertainer) Kimmo, I know he's used this for donkeys.

George
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
I used to use this in my show every night but have henced since retired it since it didn't quite fit my show Smile , tis a shame since I grew quite fond of it.
I formely used it as a jumbo torn and restored card routine, (if you're really interested I could that explanation as well) but you asked for lines so here they are, some are original, some friends of mine devoloped, and some I got from the guy that sold it to me! Smile (which by the way was harry allen from daytona magic)

(spring it up and catch it) "It's called the jumping stool, no it's not a medical term.....(laugh along with audience and say) that would be some scary crap though...literally."
"The Jumping Stool! Keeps unwanted cats out of the yard....keeps unwanted KIDS out of the yard! O stop I'm just kidding I never tried it on a cat."
(I usually keep the warnings on the padding and read them aloud after that. The following is the exact wording I use for the effect.)
"Now my favorite part about this, I left the instructions and warnings label on for this reason is because whenever there is a warning it is always because someone...somewhere was dumb enough to try it, here's a few of them now:
1)'Warning! Do not sit on it!' that's actually where the kids and cats joke came from...
2)'test outside for maximum height!' I take it there's a jumping stool in someone's sealing right now as we speak!!
3)'press down keeping all 4 legs on the floor' well that doesn't really work I only have two legs! '
Ok now this last one is my favorite.
4) 'Step on bar that is closest to you' Some of you see all ready where this is going. This means that there is somebody....somewhere in this world that you may come in contact in the near future, that you may be driving home next to tonight that said...'If this makes the stool jump high (place foot on closest bar)-I wonder what THIS will do?! (place foot on furthest bar) Watch out for this person!!"

Well there you have it, hope you can use something!
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
God,

I love the first one

kyle
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
I had (might still have somewhere!) a wooden one of these. Interestingly though if you pushed it all the way to the floor when you stepped on it it stayed flat on the floor and didn't spring up. (I think the wood may have become slightly warped)

This allowed me to use it as more than just a one off thing in the show. I could treat it like it was a dog doing a trick......stay......stay...jump. (it would sping up it a gave it a gentle kick)

At one point I was using it as a running gag, punctuating the show. I'd keep saying it was good for 1000 jumps (I know a few women about who I could say the same!) counting out loud each time I used it 997....998.... then on 999 it would stay down and I'd have a rant about how I'd been ripped off.

Neal.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » JUMPING STOOL???? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL