The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Today, Yesterday, Tomorrow, God is the same. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roodsnavel
View Profile
New user
the Netherlands
42 Posts

Profile of Roodsnavel
Hi dear friends,
I am seeking a magic/objectlesson/idea for church-service 50 yr jubilee of the church (the theme is like I mentioned above, alpha-omega)
the main target group is children. (250 adults,50 children)
do you have some ideas's, something I can do on stage?
with warm regards,
Harry
Greetings from Holland

Harry

God Bless You All!!!
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
It would help to know what you have, or if you're willing to go out and purchase something...off the top of my head, if you do Fiber Optics you could put such a message with that routine...it's very visual and great magic, but would go well with the thought, no matter how people try to change God, they can't...He will always end up being the same yesterday, today and forever more.

The Richard Sanders DVD is well worth the investment...
Roodsnavel
View Profile
New user
the Netherlands
42 Posts

Profile of Roodsnavel
Thank you Terry.
Optic Fibers is a little bit to difficult for me
I think I read another idea from you:
I think I link it to:

Rev. 21: 6
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will freely give water from the life-giving fountain to everyone who is thirsty.

To:
<<use the lota to talk about the woman who had the oil (living water) that kept flowing as long as she had a jar to pour it in...I have the children act out the story, pass out cups to the audience and the kids playing the boys that were going to be taken goes out and gets the cups and it keeps flowing... (Terry Owens)>>

questions from my side:
- ends this not in a chaos?
- How can I make it bigger, my style is comical (clowning) professor with message.
- Are there more idea's from others too?

With Blessings!
Greetings from Holland

Harry

God Bless You All!!!
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
How about a mobius strip.
You could talk about the begining and cutting all the way to the end but still being left with one god.

just a thought
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8694 Posts

Profile of harris
The small glass that fills a larger glass..some come in 5 glass set..

Multi um parvo...is close to the title...

Lota is a good idea...

a simple cut and restored could work...

2 in the hand one in the pocket...
representing the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost...

God is Good...

All the time..

All the time..

___ __ ____.

He was, is and will be....

Praising God...

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Roodsnavel...I do this in large settings, you can really play it up...I do it in a comical style too...What I do is have the children play the parts of the mother and 2 boys, I get an adult to play the bill collector...and I play the part of the Prophet Elijah...I feed everyone the lines to say, and it's a hoot. When choosing the guy to play the bill collector I say I need a big mean ugly looking...and point to a guy and say, you'll do) Gets a big laugh...Another great line is when I have the mother plead with the bill collector, please don't take my home, please don't take my farm...but you can have the boys...and at that moment you have the boys say...mom? Great comedy but then you build it a great teaching in the end.

Chaos...no, not really, controled chaos. You have someone pass out the plastic cups as you begin and tell them not to break them...then the 2 boys who are in the skit go out one at a time and get them...

You have a great skit, powerful magic, audience participation, and a great illustration to drive home the word.

PM me if you want
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Today, Yesterday, Tomorrow, God is the same. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL