The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » AmpliVox SW222 vs. Fender Passport P10WE (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Both of the following are portable, battery powedered and comes with a headset microphone. Anyone has any idea with one is more clear and spreads out to more of a outside crowd?

AmpliVox SW222 Wireless Portable Public Address System
http://ampli.com/s222.htm

Fender Passport P10WE (UHF) PA System
http://www.qualityelectronics.net/fepap1upasy1.html
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
The Amplivox is going to have more power and the battery is going to last longer. But...I personally don't care for the belt pack on the Amplivox as it requires you to "snap in" the 9V battery like the old TV remotes. It is really hard to get the battery in and out wihtout pulling on the wires because the space is sooo small.

The Fender is a great little system but has a smaller speaker and is going to be muffled after a certain volume level is reached.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Interesting. I am battling over a small system now also. I have a Hisonic that served me well but some rooms I get feedback. Its a 35 watt system and is portable also but I did not pay the bills that the AmpliVox cost.

I personally perfer the handheld mic also which cost more but can anyone tell me if the AmpliVOx gives clear, noisefree reception???????

I have a 150 watt system but it is pretty big to haul around for smaller venues.

I just want a small, lightweight, 50 watt or so system with no distortion. I used one at the college Tuesday that was great. It was black, portable and had a handheld wireless and a CD. I have seen this same one I think at elementary schools.

Anyone have any ideas, please let me know. 90 percent of the time I use the house mic at shows.
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
The Amplivox is a really great system! It is NOT going to work in every situation / room you go into though.

Here is one thing that I know about sound system for sure....

Through the years I have had just about every pa that they make- seriously. I've tried the Fender Passport, Mipro, Amplivox, Paso, Anchor, Florida Magic and a few more. People are often attracted to these small systems because they are well- small and don't weigh much. However, one must understand that the smaller the speaker, the more distorted it is going to sound. For truly clear sound, you need something bigger. This does not mean that you can't still find something small and lightweight.

I learned last week just how important sound is. I arrived at a very large church with a huge auditorium. I brought my little pa (the Anchor AN1000) which I've used countless times in schools, etc. for 400 kids at a time. While I've always used music in my show, I just started recently using it throughout the entire show- in every effect I do. I have various tracks that I use with my Ipod. Some sounded great and others were awful. It was the size of the speaker that made it sound so bad. When I take the same music tracks and play them through a system with a bigger speaker, it is like night and day.

So....with that said- I am moving on to a larger speaker. I am looking at the JBL powered speakers which can go on a stand.

I would suggest going with a smaller system only if you are working smaller rooms. Since I also recently stopped doing birthday parties after many years, I find myself needing something bigger for larger groups. The Amplivox system is excellent for groups of 200 or less in a smaller room, in my opinion.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I hear ya. My Hisonic 35 watt worked great tonight in a hotel banquet room, 1200 sq ft. I have a soundtech 150 watt system that works great for any large venue so I am set. Was discourged because there is one salloon open aired place I work regularly that it just will not work in. I have used it at many schools and as long as I used a handheld wireless, it worked fine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » AmpliVox SW222 vs. Fender Passport P10WE (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL