The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flying Tonight Chris Congreave and Gary Jones (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
enigmagik32
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of enigmagik32
Hi craig
This goes double for me, cant wait for its release after seeing Gary preforming the pickpocket routines way back in February in the Ruskin hotel in Blackpool. I wish Gary and Chris all the success with this project. Will hopefully see you at your lecture in september
Best wishes
enigmagik
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
Any updates on the release date?
Christopher Congreave
View Profile
Veteran user
U.K
377 Posts

Profile of Christopher Congreave
Hi Magico, we had a few problems with editing which are hopefully now resolved. Flying tonight and Pseudo Pickpocket are at the replicators now. Pocket this has been redited and I should have it today or tomorrow to send to the replicators. So hopefully very soon!

All the best.

Chris Congreave
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the update.

Magico
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I somehow missed this DVD. BIG Gary Jones fan, so I need to get it.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote:
On 2012-04-19 23:30, Zombie Magic wrote:
I somehow missed this DVD. BIG Gary Jones fan, so I need to get it.

Gary & Chris are top blokes. Have you picked up Gary's no frills lecture DVD? Worth a look.

Charlie
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1002 Posts

Profile of NFW
I managed to miss these as well !
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
This got a VERY bad review from My Lovely Assistant ( from one of their OFFICIAL reviewers ).

http://www.mylovelyassistant.com/reviews/view/2432

My Lovely Assistant isn't the site it once was.
Christopher Congreave
View Profile
Veteran user
U.K
377 Posts

Yep he really loved it...lol.

To be fair it was meant to be a 1 trick DVD with lots of extras and variations.

It was also our first DVD. Although the filming/sound/ was poor, I still think the content was excellent.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Christopher, I think you and Gary did a great job. The routines are what I cared about!
Christopher Congreave
View Profile
Veteran user
U.K
377 Posts

Thanks mate, appreciate that! :-D
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
What happened to the demos?
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I could only find this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZmkMI2M8o0
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2012-06-16 16:35, Christopher Congreave wrote:
It was also our first DVD. Although the filming/sound/ was poor, I still think the content was excellent.

We were stitched right up with the company who did the filming etc, the main problem was, the guys on the cameras were laypeople and they were also getting caught with the misdirection so the camera work was all over the place!!

I still use all of the routines off here almost on a daily basis, while I agree with the reviewer that the camera work and sound was off, you can still learn from the DVD and the explanations are more than thorough; in fact I also go into detail about the psychology of body loading, loading a coin onto someone's hand and coin under watch etc, also, to have all the coins in my shelled version of 3fly examined naturally without the need to palm the shell, something new in 3fly, he didn't mention any of these points, only the negative stuff lol!!

Oh well lol!

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-06-17 09:46, gjmagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-06-16 16:35, Christopher Congreave wrote:

We were stitched right up with the company who did the filming etc, the main problem was, the guys on the cameras were laypeople and they were also getting caught with the misdirection so the camera work was all over the place!!

I still use all of the routines off here almost on a daily basis, while I agree with the reviewer that the camera work and sound was off, you can still learn from the DVD and the explanations are more than thorough; in fact I also go into detail about the psychology of body loading, loading a coin onto someone's hand and coin under watch etc, also, to have all the coins in my shelled version of 3fly examined naturally without the need to palm the shell, something new in 3fly, he didn't mention any of these points, only the negative stuff lol!!

Oh well lol!

Gary Jones.

Gary, the routines were incredible as well as the teaching. There are some old videos of Dai Vernon teaching. I suppose the young upstarts would ignore the magic and lessons and complain about the camera and audio work.

PLEASE keep sharing your work!

Clarke
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:

Gary, the routines were incredible as well as the teaching. There are some old videos of Dai Vernon teaching. I suppose the young upstarts would ignore the magic and lessons and complain about the camera and audio work.

PLEASE keep sharing your work!

Clarke

That's a great point Clarke, while it's great to have an all singing all dancing well produced DVD, if the effects are cr#p then it means nothing!! We learned from this, while I did have a few problems with another company (which was out of my control) all of my latest stuff has been produced by Russ Stevens at RSVP (and Alakazam), I just wished we went with Russ for our first DVDs, you live and learn! We can't change the past Smile

The effects are solid and have been worked continuously over a number of years, all the bugs have been ironed out and the routining is there for the taking!

Thank you for your support over the years, very much appreciated mate.

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
This dvd had a lot of great moves and routines in it. I loved the cc expensive 3 fly. In fact I bought the dvd just for the cc expensive 3 fly trick. However, I do have a problem with the dvd. I went right into watching the cc expensive 3 fly and the guy simply rushed the trick. This might have been because he was performing for another magician but it didn't do the trick justice. Then I went into the explanation and the guy said he wasn't going to go into to great of detail because it was described in part on another trick. Okay, so I go to that trick and he says that he wont go into to great of detail about parts because another trick explained it. So essentially I had to mesh three different tricks together just so I could learn the one. This was a big let down. I don't care if you explain part of the trick somewhere else on the dvd. I want the explanation in one place so I can go along with the dvd, not have to search through three different tricks just to piece it together. They are geniuses for the material but the presentation was lacking.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
I just came back to this as I'm wanting to learn a three fly routine. After all these years I am still amazed at how good the effects are and yet how terrible the teaching and quality is.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flying Tonight Chris Congreave and Gary Jones (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL