The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Hundy 500 or Slow Burn? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Does anyone have the time to explain the effect of each one to me? Will each one be ready to perform again? Which one do you think is best? Is it worth getting both?
Thanks in advance for your time.
Full Effect
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
257 Posts

Profile of Full Effect
If you do a search oh this you will find pretty much all your answers.
Theres a few pages on this topic, the pros and cons of each effect.

IMHO neither one of these effects is better or worse then the other. Theres good points and bad points to slow burn and hundy 500

Basicly both effects are "Visual multiple bill change".
"Running water never becomes stale, so keep flowing" - Immortal Dragon Bruce Lee
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
I ve got Hundy 500, but I ve done some research before. Basically both effects are similar. I chose Greg's only because I love to see his real life performance. He also teaches you many of the psychology besides the method.

best,
Hirase

P.S. Greg's impromptu videos may give you confidence to buy HUNDY 500 Smile
In love with magic!
kipling100
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of kipling100
basically hundy500 is more workable bc less angles, but slow burn is more visual. So choose what suits your needs the best. Good luck
MyTurnPlzAA
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
288 Posts

Profile of MyTurnPlzAA
Hi all,

I use dollars for this effect, and I live In England. It still knocks them dead, Its all about patter and how you present it. (Hundy 500 by the way)
Just think how many american coin effects there are, we Englishmen get left out, I use good patter because of this to incorparate US tricks in UK.

Does anyone else do this ?

Regards

James
Psychosis
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Psychosis
I think Hundy 500 is a cleaner handling. But if you are going for a very visual change, Slow Burn is for you.
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1446 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
I've seen both video previews on line and the transformation in Slow Burn just seems so *** magical!!!...
Rusty
View Profile
New user
England
77 Posts

Profile of Rusty
I have Slow Burn and live in the UK, so I change lottery tickets into 10 pound notes. Amazing effect - so easy to do, and you can do the change so slowly - I recommend this to anyone - I have not seen Hundy live - only on the demo video, which does not show anything really - just reactions from spectators, but I have heard that it's as good as Slow Burn, it's just personal taste.
Jasonm921
View Profile
New user
NYC
86 Posts

Profile of Jasonm921
SlowBurn...is a neat trick because it is always in your wallet and it serves wonderfully in those spontanious situations
Rich Fredeking
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, Florida
147 Posts

Profile of Rich Fredeking
Hundy can also be in your wallet.
Rich Fredeking
mjb16
View Profile
Loyal user
Ossining, New York
208 Posts

Profile of mjb16
Both effects are Killer! I would definately recommend either one. I beleive both will give you awesome reactions Smile

Cheers! Smile
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
Hundy is more practical and is better for real world use. Greg's theory and psychology behind the effect is phenominal. In a way I think by the way you do Slow Burn that is seems like the audience would think flap or something like because that is what it looks like! I am a magi though so I cannot really say that. I think Hundy 500 is extremely visual though. you show both sides of the packet and you just give it a spin and it changes. I like it better than Slow Burn by far.

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1280 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
Quote:
On 2003-04-05 04:09, MagicMan1957 wrote:
I've seen both video previews on line and the transformation in Slow Burn just seems so *** magical!!!...

Where did you see these previews online?
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
http://www.magicsmith.com/

Both demos are there.

Jakks
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
649 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Hi,

Does anyone have found foreign bills that would match 10 or 20 euro bills ???
daaaave
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of daaaave
I would recommend Hundy 500
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ok I posted something like this a week ago. I do hundy 500 hundred and before I try this. Does any one do a color change with it. I mean from american to diffren tcountry currency? I am in Iceland and am wonder if it would work this way.
Bigmac
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Bigmac
As magicians we like to endlessly debate the fine nuances of various methods of accomplishing the same effect. But as someone who has performed the trick hundreds of times in the trade show setting I can tell you the production of the $100.00 bills is THE trick - how you get to the ending is almost irrelevant. Do any version cleanly and the lay audience will be astounded. It's all about THE MONEY not the technique. Take Greg Wilson's advice and use $100.00 bills - that's what sells the big reaction. (I personally use the Hundy 500 handling)
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Romania
1342 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
I have hundy 500 and I like it. about slo burn , I saw a preview , looks good . I think I have figured out the method for it but I am not 100% sure. anyway , the thing is I don't own slo burn so I can't criticize. hundy 500 works very well for me .
I can't recommend you one of the both but I would recommend not getting both.

-Matt
Your One Stop Booze Abusing Comedy Magic Show!
magiCAD
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
166 Posts

Profile of magiCAD
Well, it's been 2 years since the original post. So I wonder which one Dynamike went with and if he has had success with it.

Any comments Dynamike?

-Rich
-Rich
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Hundy 500 or Slow Burn? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL