The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Hundy 500 or Slow Burn? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I use the gimmick for SlowBurn but you can basically do Hundy with it. I don't know. I came up with a handling because I didn't like slow burn when completely surrounded.
Monoxide
View Profile
New user
NW Indiana/Chicago
12 Posts

Profile of Monoxide
I have and use slow burn I am very happy with it I will say however that totaly surrounded is not ideal but with proper positioning and handleing even the most scrutinizing spectator will watch as bills visably change before their eyes!
Purify my soul change the crows to doves
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1073 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Both DVD's are good, but I prefer Hundy. Personally, Slow Burn looks more magical to me, but when I performed it for my girlfriend, she didn't like it at all. She said it looked very awkward and the change was not magical to her.

I've performed Hundy during some key functions and have gotten the most exceptional response.

Get both DVDs and see which one works better for you.
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3219 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Also check out Slo Burn or Hundy 500?.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
gadget19
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, Nevada
31 Posts

Profile of gadget19
I think that hundy is a great trick and would like to say I prefer that...it would be easy to say I prefer that since I have not seen the slow burn....well, I've seen the demo but not seen it performed....like you said Bill I think it would be best to probbably buy both and compare the two and see what get's the best reaction. I just ordered slow burn and can't wait to compare the two.
PennyMagic4U
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of PennyMagic4U
For those of you that do slow burn - what are you using as for as bills?
PennyMagic4U by Jerry Penny
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3618 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
I was under the impression that both Hunday 500 and Slow Burn used the same gaff as the "original" method.

Can anyone who has both confirm for me that they both use the X-style gaff?
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of MSD921
They do.
gadget19
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, Nevada
31 Posts

Profile of gadget19
Well, I finally got my slow burn DVD in...I really like it, but I don't know if you really can compare the two. I think that they both could get equally good reactions with different crowds. For instance with slow burn, it seems as if the preference would be to switch from ones to a foreign currency. Now, if your in a bar say in Iceland and you switch from ones to the local Kronur I think that the people would be amazed to see you turn US currency into local currency. Where as if your doing an effect in the states or just to americans in general whereever they are...there are very few things more eye catching and appealling then a stack of benjamins. I think that both Hundy and Slow Burn are great effects, and really could probbably could be incorporated into one another. I have found myself practicing both at the same time with the Icelandic Kronur. As for the DVD's themself though, that's a different story. I think that the Hundy 500 DVD is much better content and is easy to understand. I enjoyed everything from the demos on the street to how easy it was to construct the gimmick with the lettering system. I actually had to throw my hundy in while constructing the slow burn gimmick for fool proof directions. I guess what I really should say is that if you are a beginner looking for an amazing bill transformation effect, get the Hundy....learn it...then get the slow burn...both of them are great in their own right.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5700 Posts

Profile of Regan
I have Slow Burn and have been very happy with it.

Regan
Mister Mystery
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ok a buddy of mine bought slow burn and thought it to me yesterday. I liked it but I think I like Hundy 500 a little bit more. I might need ti work with it a little more but that is my first 24 hour impression.
Rob Elliott
View Profile
Elite user
Reston VA
487 Posts

Profile of Rob Elliott
Not to sound like a broken record, but you guys should check out 3-D Cash. It allows you to change the bills into a third denomination rather than just changing them back to what they were. And really, what's the fun in that? Changing them into something completely different is much more startling and that's what always gets the biggest reaction.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Rob I agree wit hyou, my only question is currency. Im trying to change the currency. I want to do Hundy 500 for the americans on base then do a stack switch and do a currency change. It would kill the Icelandtics too.
jsheas
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of jsheas
I own both Hundy 500 and Slow Burn. I have found that slow burn works best when performing for a single person and hundy 500 works best for a crowd. This is only due to the angle sensitivity of slow burn. I carry both gimmicks with me attached to a money clip. It is easy to detatch which one to use for the situation. I find that I get good reactions performing these effects "off the cuff", not when someone asks to see a trick. Paying for groceries, paying for dinner, etc.
Paolo Venturini
View Profile
Veteran user
Lucca (I.) - New York City
385 Posts

Profile of Paolo Venturini
I use Hundy 500 and is a great effect! I love the reaction of the crowd and I love when somebody from a closed restaurant's table, ear when I ask if they'd like to see change one dollar to one hundred, and they try to catch me looking from behind...

Thanks Greg!

By the way, I recovered the expences of the effect in few days...

Paolo Venturini
Lo-Key
View Profile
Loyal user
Earth
225 Posts

Profile of Lo-Key
I would not use either one of these effects.they look good on video but in real life nothing but a fat thick gimmick.

lo
jfkkraemer
View Profile
Elite user
SoCal
481 Posts

Profile of jfkkraemer
I have to disagree lokey, I have used both endlessly and have never had anything but a miagical moment. People love either one. Nothing thick about it and a quick change and your clean.

Jeff
jsheas
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of jsheas
Lokey
The packet has never been thick enough to be noticed by a spectator. If they do notice, something is wrong. Have you never successfully pulled off a double or triple lift? This is the same principle.
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
I bought both and I prefer Hundy 500. I keep it in my wallet all the time and it resets instantly, as I put it away I reset it. Hundy 500 is visual and I get very good reactions. Everyone usually asks me to tun their ones into hundreds...
two good responses are, "sure, but there is a $99 dollar processing fee", or "give me your ones and I will meet you here tomorrow."
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Slow Burn is much better. It looks more magical.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Hundy 500 or Slow Burn? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL