The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Do you polish your coins? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Oh no you wont man! Try it on your ugliest Silver coin if it would apeace you. After all you can always remove the stain totally.
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Thanks again rannie, you have been really very helpful here, I re-read the post again and realized you can remove it all if you don't like the outcome and that is real cool. It may take me a few tries to get what I would like, I am Polish you know, LOL.
Where I go, so do my coins.....
Griff
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
285 Posts

Profile of Griff
After you tanish the coin, try a product called Never Dull. It is a type of wadding that has polish on it and comes in a can. Just pinch off a small piece and polish the areas you want highlighted. Stuff works great! When you're done just wash the coin in dishwashing liquid to remove the residue. It took me a few tries to get the results that I wanted on my coins, but was well worth the effort. Cheers!
Griff
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Hey, thanks Griff, that Never Dull stuff sounds pretty good. I might just give it a try.....
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Hey rannie, I tried your method out on my coins, man they came out beautiful!! it took a while, but it was well worth it, I love them. Had to do 2 of my coins twice to get it the way I wanted it, but in the end they all came out beautiful, thanks again.....
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Good on you man!

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
I owe you one rannie, you are going to have to teach me all your little secrets, LOL.....
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
You got it man. I'm just a PM away! Say... why don't you post a picture of your newly aged babies?

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Hi rannie, I really appreciate that, I mean about the PM thing. I really don't have the facilities here to take any pictures, but I will see what I could do. I would love for you to see the babies you helped me create, they are 1921 Morgan silver dollars and the details came out so beautiful especially in the back where the eagle is. It looks like I spent 100 hours doing them, but it did take about 3 hours, I think I may have left them in the bleach a bit too long.....
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1108 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Quote:
On 2006-11-23 08:20, rannie wrote:
Exactly what I did my Magist/Bassician friend! Hope things are well with you.

Hello, Rannie !

How doing?
I guess well, fillfull of magic !!

Yes, the tips are really excellent...I try with "Peace" silver dollar, but the design of the coin is very worned, so the difference between the background and the higher parts, is not as evident than with the Morgan dollars...

Now I'll apply this to my halves too...

By the way, do you have time to hit the drum??

Best,
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Every single day my friend. I cannot let a day pass without playing my drums. I'm working on a new project cd. Still progressive stuff like the one I sent you. Funny you should ask. I just finished doing a session with my country's living legend in rock. Its a tribute album for "Pepe". that's his name. We decided to do it while the man is still alive and rocking. It was a pleasure to do music with the best in our land.

Even better, in between takes, I would be asked to do magic. It was filmed and it was fun.

I still have to continually polish my music as I do my coins.

Rannie

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Do you polish your coins? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL