The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cups that fit a tennis ball for 200?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2323 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Are there any quality heavy duty cups around that I can use on the street that will easily accept a tennis ball? And that are around $200.00? that's all the cash I really have to spend.
Thanks for the help,
Brian
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2323 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I am sorry that I forgot to mention, I am looking for a cups and balls set, not a chop cup.
Thanks very much!
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
940 Posts

Profile of cfrye
E-mailed you.

Curt
Alexander Wells
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of Alexander Wells
I'm also curious about this.
Short of the top of the range "street cups" which are sold as such, does anyone know any reasonably priced, durable cups that will take a good sized load?
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Neal,

Read up on the Andy Comic cups. You may find them perfect for your needs. I've had a set for 2 seasons and still love them. Here's a link to a review:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109

I'm not certain who still carries them, but I know I've seen them for sale recently while browsing online for other items.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
You guys just missed out. Gary Animal just unloaded a batch of cups on eBay a little while back. The "Love" cups were designed to take a tennis ball. Since he sold many sets at once, the auction activity was divided up and demand for any single item suffered. You could have gotten a set for well under $200
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2323 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Man! I can't believe I missed out on that. Oh well. I am going to meet up soon with Curt from above. He had informed me about having the Andy Comic Cups. I am gonna check out his set. Also Jake from RNT2 mentioned to me that I may be interested in the Mendoza cups. Those sure do look purdy! I am leaning toward something definately made by RNT2. Jake has some of the best looking cups!
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Brian - it might be worth e-mailing Gary to see if he has any cups left. You never know. The Mendoza cups would also be a great option.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2323 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Which cups are heavier?
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
RnT2 site says that the Mendoza cups weigh 7.8oz each; the Love cups weigh approx 6oz each.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
940 Posts

Profile of cfrye
I have both the new Mendoza cups and the Love cups, so you can check 'em out when you come over, Brian.

Curt
KeithP
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of KeithP
These hold a tennis ball:

http://www.rnt2.com/product.aspx?productno=495

Keith
T. Sebastian
View Profile
Loyal user
Ozark Mountains, USA
223 Posts

Profile of T. Sebastian
I have the Andy Comic cups. I got a freakin sweet deal on them.
They aren't quite as thick and durable as I would like. (I beat them mercilessly with a drumstick.) But they seem to be holding up. I will need to get some thicker ones eventually, but if you aren't a total maniac they should do you just fine.
So sorry I soiled your precious eyes.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24280 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The Phoenix cups, which show up from time to time on eBay, will take some tennis balls, but not all of them. There are cheap tennis balls from China that you can get at the major drugstores -- 12 balls for about 6 bucks. Those are a little smaller than normal, and will usually fit.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Quote:
On 2008-07-28 18:42, KeithP wrote:
These hold a tennis ball:

http://www.rnt2.com/product.aspx?productno=495

Keith

I freely admit to being "blown away" by the great beauty and obvious quality of all the great "Cups" sets that is sold by RNT. Keith, thanks for the link as I've been planning on buying a more "professional" set of cups in the next few months, & the $200 price range is a "reachable" goal for me. In the running, also, were both the Phoenix Cups and the Johnson cups as I know, or used to know, of a dealer that still has a set for $199. I'd also read Bill Malone's testimonial on the Johnson Cups regarding that he put his "Paul Fox Cups back on the shelf", he liked the Johnson cups so well. Add to that the fact that Michael Ammar now uses the Johnson's over the Paul Fox cups as well. (He also sells the Jonson Cups on his web site.) However, all that being said there is no reasoon I can find for NOT buying a great set from RNT when the time is right. And, unless the company gets sold to someone else who might not be as willing as "Mad Jake" to sweat blood in the construction of their products, there-by sacrificing some of the great quality in the process, would also look to the company to "upgrade" my set later on. thanks again! S.R.
"In the land of Murphy there is but ONE law!"
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
Also, you can take a good 3/16" out of the diameter of a tennis ball by bouncing it on rough concrete about 200 times.....that's how I got a tennis ball to fit in my Morrissey chop cup....
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
Magikrn
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Magikrn
Quote:
On 2008-07-29 02:51, Bill Palmer wrote:
The Phoenix cups, which show up from time to time on eBay, will take some tennis balls, but not all of them. There are cheap tennis balls from China that you can get at the major drugstores -- 12 balls for about 6 bucks. Those are a little smaller than normal, and will usually fit.

Every now and then Target has some tennis balls in the dollar section that are dog toys. They usually come in packs of 6 or more and run about dollars or so. They are smaller than a normal tennis ball and some of them fit in my Bazar aluminum cups. I found some that are camoflauge, and some that are just multi colored.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24280 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
You can also take your cups to a pet shop and see what they have that will fit them.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1474 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Bill, do you take ALL of your cups to the pet shop?

;)
"But there isn't a door"
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2323 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I used to take my cup with me into Safeway and try the different fruit. The employees had the hardest time understanding what the heck I was doing. I got tired of having to do that, so I decided to get Ammar's fruit loads.

Man, I am still leaning toward the Mendoza cups. The more I look at the picture of them, the more excited I get. I think these would be excellent out on the street.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cups that fit a tennis ball for 200?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL