The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Cards Remain The Same- The Groove Electric Switch is here! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Doc Docherty
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
70 Posts

Profile of Doc Docherty
Hi All-

I have completed a brand new manuscript that I think will tickle the fancy of all you card nuts out there. It's called The Groove Electric Swtich and it can be found inside "The Cards Remain The Same"

“The Groove Electric Switch is even more devious than changing the name of liver to “foie.” I was fooled by both the first time.”
-Steve Beam

“Groove Electric combines a clean mechanical action with an optical swindle, and the result is something beautiful to behold.”
-David Regal

You can see a quick video and get all the details by clicking here The Cards Remain the Same

Thank you
Doc Docherty
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Hey...

Just purchased the ebook version, looks good on the vid... looking forward to checking it out.

Cheers.
Doc Docherty
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
70 Posts

Profile of Doc Docherty
Y2John-

Thanks for the order, you should have it now.

Let me know what you think and tell me if you have any problems.

Doc
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Does the soft cover version come with the E-Book on the included CD-Rom?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Doc Docherty
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
70 Posts

Profile of Doc Docherty
Balducci-

Unfortunately it does not. I am only going to be offering the E Book for a limited time and did not want to leave out those that perfer E Books over the real thing. Sorry about that.

Doc
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
This is a beautiful switch. Highly recommended.
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
From the video I would have to agree.

I've placed my order, and I look forward to reading about and learning this in due course.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Doc Docherty
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
70 Posts

Profile of Doc Docherty
Thanks so much for those that have ordered The Cards Remain The Same.

For those that are curious I have posted two effects from the manuscript. You can view it by clicking Groove Effects

Once again Thanks for the orders so far and hope you enjoy it.

Doc Docherty

Get it by clicking here Cards Remain the Same
magicmerlz
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of magicmerlz
Hi all

This looks great, and am very tempted to buy, but is it a knuckle buster to pull off or reasonably simple?

Thanks in advance

matt
Doc Docherty
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
70 Posts

Profile of Doc Docherty
Matt-
I have had a couple of questions about how difficult the sleight is to learn. The sleight itself is not hard but it does take practice as would any card sleight does to master. If you can do a fan you can learn the move. If you put the time in to get the mechanics and timing down you should have no problems. I would say that it is in the reach of the average card worker, I would not, however, recommend to early beginners as you might get frustrated with the move and never learn it. Thanks for asking, any more questions just ask.

Doc
magicmerlz
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of magicmerlz
I appreciate your honesty Doc, many thanks.

Matt
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2896 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Hi Doc,

Quick question, how are the angles?
Doc Docherty
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
70 Posts

Profile of Doc Docherty
Hi Tom-

The switch is angle proof depending how you get into it. You will understand that once you learn the square up, which can be a little angle prone but can be worked to make it angle proof as well. So the switch part is angle proof.
The Zoso Change is not as angle proof ( there is a dirty side!) and all that is clearly explained in the manuscript with ways to perform the change at different angles.

Thanks
Doc
Blake Douglass
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Blake Douglass
If I am not mistaken both of these moves are unoriginal. The change belongs to our own Café member Eric Jones, and the switch dates back to the 70's, I will find the exact name of it. As far as I am concerned the only original thing here is the new names of these old moves.
Doc Docherty
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
70 Posts

Profile of Doc Docherty
Blake-

The Zoso Change was published in 2006 in the ECSS book 1, it has roots from Larry Jennings opitical add on and Robert Moreland's Cloud Change( both are credited). Eric Jones was at the convention and has a variation of that change and permission was given by him to include his varation of my change in the manuscript.

Could find a reference to the switch that dates back to the 70's? I would love to research it. I don't know of any switch like this and came up with this on my own. If there is reference I will give credit were credit is due for sure.

Thank you,
Doc
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Quote:
On 2008-08-07 11:13, Blake Douglass wrote:
If I am not mistaken both of these moves are unoriginal. The change belongs to our own Café member Eric Jones, and the switch dates back to the 70's, I will find the exact name of it. As far as I am concerned the only original thing here is the new names of these old moves.

Thanks for having my back on this Blake, but my "E.C.H.A.S.Z." Change came about after misreading the way I believed Doc described a bonus handling in the ECSS 1 manuscript. When I hung out with him again, I showed him what I was working on to see how close I came to what he published, I was told that what I was doing was waaaaaay off from what he had in mind. He actually enjoyed my version and asked if he could publish it in a manuscript. How could I say no??? It's still his move.....lol

Doc, I've got to get a copy of this from you man!!!! That switch is friggin' sick!!!!!
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Blake Douglass
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Blake Douglass
Hey Doc and Eric sorry for the confusion. Im making calls tomorrow in reference to the source of the change. I apologize if I came off as hostile, but I am so tired of seeing stolen material rereleased under new name. Im not saying that's what has happened here, but when ever I get the slightest feeling that something has been discredited I am all over it. So again sorry for any hostility that may have been percieved, and I will post the source of the switch soon.
Doc Docherty
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
70 Posts

Profile of Doc Docherty
No problem at all Blake, nothing precieved. I, like yourself, want to make sure that credits are correct. I have researched the Groove Electric Switch and have not been able to find a reference. This switch has been in the hands of some of the top cardmen in the world and I or them have not found anything that is like it. This is not saying that something like it is not out there, but I have done quite a bit of homework on it. Please let me know what you find.

Doc
Clark
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of Clark
Kick ass switch Doc, took me in completely. Wonderful idea.

Clark
“The key to creativity is in knowing how to hide your sources.”
Albert Einstein
Doc Docherty
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
70 Posts

Profile of Doc Docherty
Thanks Clark, glad you liked it.

I have had an incredible response to The Cards Remain the Same manuscript, thank you very much for those that have ordered it.

I wanted to give a quick update, if anyone is still interested in the E Book version of the Cards Remain the Same you have until Monday 8/18 at 11:59 est. time. I will then remove the E Book from purchase. As it states on my website, it was only for a limited time. However, you can still get a copy of the E Book version, it will now be included on the CD ROM that contains the video files. All the orders that were placed since this past Friday and all future orders will contain the E Book on the disc.

I have had so many requests to have it on the disc so far I wanted to make it as easy as possible.

For those that have already ordered the soft copy and you wish to have a copy of the E Book I will be happy to email it to you, free of charge, just drop me an email and I will check it with my records and send it out. (Please allow 24 hours for E Book to arrive).

Once again thanks very much to all that have ordered, I hope that you are enjoying it.

Doc Docherty
http://www.DocDocherty.com

PS. H&R Magic Books will also be carrying the manuscript and should have in stock soon.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Cards Remain The Same- The Groove Electric Switch is here! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL