The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » B'Wave vs. Twisted Sisters (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
sleightly
View Profile
Elite user
New Hampshire
500 Posts

Profile of sleightly
The difficulty with B'Wave is merely one of covering your bases presentationally.

If presented as a puzzle, the most common response is:

"What if I said the Queen of _________?"

I'd be curious as to how folks deal with countering this before it happens or, perhaps, how you deal with the question when it arises?

That being said, while similar, they do generate different responses. TS might be considered more satisfying to a laymen plot-wise because it feels like it comes to a logical (and circular) ending, whereas BW generates more questions... At the risk of starting a firestorm, BW seems to be the choice of pros as it offers more freedom in presentational approach, whereas TS appears to be the choice of enthusiasts as it is a more finished piece with multiple climaxes (and who just wants one?)...

Responses?

ajp
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Goldstein recommends the following that should answer your question:

Your patter can go after the initial reveal, "Now, you may ask what if I had chosen a different card beside the Q_? If that had happened, we would have both been in serious trouble...because (reveal the other cards' faces), the Q_ was the only one I had!"
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
Both are very good, but I would have to say B'wave is a bit more direct. I would still say they are both incredible and if you were looking at buying them, GET THEM BOTH!

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
I would say TWISTED SISTERS. If you can master the Elmsley count, the color changing effect is very very "visual" and "surprising". Also, the routine has 3 phases, which increases the effect one by one.

best,
Hirase
In love with magic!
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1666 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
In this thread, people keep mentioning the three phases of Twisted Sisters.

To me, it has four phases.

Firstly, I've magically managed to turn a card face up in each pile - skillful, eh?

Secondly, they're the thought-of cards - spooky!

Thirdly, I know I said that I'd magically move the thought-of cards from one pile to the other, and you're thinking ?Hey, how do we know that you've done that??, so let me just prove to you that the cards came from the other pile - look!

And fourthly, I know what you're thinking, you're thinking it?s spooky that I knew what cards you were thinking of, you're thinking it?s amazing that I managed to swap them between the two piles, you're thinking it?s amazing that I managed to turn them face up, and as well as thinking that I?m so magical that you wanna have my babies, you?re also thinking ?What if we?d thought of different cards?? Well, that IS what you?re thinking, isn?t it? <Slowly turn the cards over, one after the other> Read ?em and weep.

Dave
The Ozzy Osbourne of the 34x27
DADE
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland/Highlands.
166 Posts

Profile of DADE
I seem to be the only mage who doesn't seem to like the Brainwave deck. Due to the "possible" discrepancy at the start with the red box.....blue cards, also counting cards as they go by, and lastly the reset isn't quick enough for me, so all these factors strongly suggest that the "T-S" is a better effect. It's a stronger piece of magic in my mind.

Just my thoughts.
DADE....... Smile

By the way, who knows how to get on to the Secret Sessions forum? Smile
Only when you've lost everything,are you free to do anything
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
DADE, B'Wave and the Brainwave Deck are two different effects. You need 50 posts to get into the Secret Sessions forum which should automatically appear at the bottom of your screen.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Yes, B'Wave uses only four cards. The reason for the name is that it is an abbreviated form of the Brainwave Deck.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
ChrisMagic52
View Profile
Loyal user
North Vancouver, Canada
216 Posts

Profile of ChrisMagic52
Twisted Sisters all the way!!
Vilago
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Vilago
I also recommend B'Wave...by the way, another presentation is published in a Genii from (I think) 2000 by Just Alan...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » B'Wave vs. Twisted Sisters (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL