The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » What is your favourite magic poster? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
reed kammerer
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of reed kammerer
Mine is framed and in my magic den. Mysto Magic Poster
GlennLawrence
View Profile
Regular user
Randolph NJ
145 Posts

Profile of GlennLawrence
I have an Abb Dickson poster from his Show "Presto!" that he signed for me in 1985 which is pretty neat, but I really love the classic posters, especially the Houdini "Buried Alive- Egyptian Fakirs outdone" poster from 1926. Had a chance to purchase an original one some years back but it turned out to be more than I wanted to go for...
bdungey
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of bdungey
I would love to find a source to purchase a Dai Vernon poster - even a print!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5138 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Bdungey, Reach out to Potter & Potter Auctions: https://potterauctions.com/contact

Gabe is a stand up guy who may be able to point you in the right direction.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5138 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
And for the record, my favorite poster by far is the red background, "Alexander, The Man Who Knows" poster. Do the Google. It's an iconic poster.

I am a graphic designer by trade, and adore...like all of us...the many fantastic magic poster designs of the past. But this one in particular hit me on the head like a hammer when I first saw it. And, at auction, it was relatively affordable due to its availability, I'm guessing due to historical timing, and how many of these particular posters were produced verses being destroyed.

Whatever. I don't care. For me, this poster is graphically one of the most powerful magic images ever mass produced. Simplicity and color drives the composition, but the eyes are the prize. Or the anti-prize. I hung this framed original poster in my "magic room," which was adjacent to our young son's room. And he would have none of it. That man was looking at him, and he insisted that we close the door so he could sleep.

The power of Alexander.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » What is your favourite magic poster? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.71 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL