The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » The Scoundrels Touch; SFS Second DVD on the Shell Game (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mr.Crebar
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Mr.Crebar
I just sent Whit a PM, but have not heard as of yet when this is due to come out. I have read one pre-release review on it from the SFS forum, but nothing else. While this post is a little premature, shell game fans excitement for this long awaited release is not. Anyone with information regarding this DVD are welcome to reveal anything they have heard or seen. The DVD is presently posted under their new products section, so it cant be too far off!
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
The all new two disc S4S DVD set on the Shell Game is finished, edited and authored. However I am adding subtitles, and this is long and tedious work. We aren't too far away, but we will announce it loudly when it is ready.

It is nearly 3 hours of video on two discs and a pretty thick book of pdf files. It is called "Shell Game Series Volume II, The Scoundrels Touch."

Bob Sheets, Chef Anton, Guiseppe Aliotta and myself are the instructors.

There is also full resolution video of Gambling Sam at Bonaroo, and all of his posts on Scoundrels Forum in a pdf file.

We also include the entire video of Bob Sheet's "Absolutely Nuts."

Three complete routines are shown. The original moves and maneuvers taught on our "Volume I, Introduction to the Shell Game" are all briefly described with photos on a pdf file on the discs, but it is helpful to have Volume I, for many fine touches and psychological points on the various moves, and more detailed descriptions and demonstrations.

Volume I contains 1 hour twenty minutes of video, and contains all the basic moves upon which the Scoundrels System is based.

Volume II puts it all together to show how it can all be used together in exhibition routines as well as in a real hustle on the street.

Volume I is not necessary to appreciate Volume II, but it is a big asset.

This is the first truly groundbreaking new stuff on the shell game in more than fifty years.

Everything else is based on Osbourne, Chanin, or Eddie Joseph, this contains truly new and practical methods, ruses, devices and moves.

We hope you will enjoy it.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2348 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
You can now order the DVD's on the SFS site. $55.00
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Undone
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
54 Posts

Profile of Undone
Great news! I’ve been anxiously awaiting this release.
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
Has anyone seen or can comment on this set?

I just got the first DVD and have to say that is worth the cost to learn this material. I am hooked on the shells and really appreciate the SfS team for putting out the best in resources!

Can't wait for this one!

-Scott M
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
It's due any day now though, based on past comments from Whit.

But for right now, it's still a pre-order.
Undone
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
54 Posts

Profile of Undone
I ordered this last Friday from the SFS web site; it is no longer listed as a “pre-order” as it had been earlier, nor did the email recite say anything about it not being available yet. I expect it any day now. I sure hope this is the case.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
SFS customer service is tops, I too await this new DVD.
hou_dini
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of hou_dini
According to Whit at the Scoundrel's Forum, it's shipping now.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Can't wait to read the actual reviews!

Mark. Smile
Undone
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
54 Posts

Profile of Undone
My copy arrived in yesterday's mail. I’m hoping to be able to spend some “quality time” with it this weekend.
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
UNDONE...Well how was it?

-Scott M
Undone
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
54 Posts

Profile of Undone
It’s great! I’ve yet to be disappointed with any purchase made from SFS. If you’re new to the shells I’d advise getting the first DVD too; while the new DVDs do go over some of the basic mechanics, it’s covered in a lot more detail in the first DVD. As with most SFS DVDs this set comes packed with a lot of extra content; pdfs, pictures and the like. The new set goes into more detail about routine-ing and adds new twists to the basics presented in the initial release.

Undone
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
I was able to begin to wade through these DVDs this past weekend as well. I say "begin" and "wade through" because the material on this set is extensive, rich dense and rich.

The primary focus of DVD #1 is performing the shells with a two-pea system, and that is thoroughly covered by both Bob Sheets and Whit Haydn. I've not yet begun DVD #2, but according to the notes it focuses on Chef Anton's routine, Whit's POV on psychological outs and an examination of the routine used by an actual working street hustler (including video of the hustler in action at a music festival.

IMO, if you're serious about the shells, then the material on this set is nothing less than the mother lode. Everyone else will likely find something useful in them as well, particularly since some of the material contained in the prior SFS shells DVD (volume 1) is repeated in this second volume set. But keep in mind that these are not some "duffer" DVDs designed for quick-view entertainment (although they are exceedingly entertaining). You're gonna need to be able to sit a spell and devote a fair amount of time to viewing (and reviewing) them if you want to effectively study the techniques they teach.
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1468 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
For me the video of SAM, AT BONNEROO on disc two is a highlight for me. it will give you an idea of how fast the game goes and how he talks and moves.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2622 Posts

Profile of Tom G
At first I was a little off on too much of the disk working on the 2 pea system, but to see it in action is a whole different story. Bob's 2 pea system, Chef's routine, along with Whit's all explained. Footage of Gambling Sam and the earlier
Sheets tape of Absolutely Nut all on these new dvds, plus they breifly cover some of the things on the first DVD.
hou_dini
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of hou_dini
Thanks, to Whit and Chef for an excellent DVD and learning oportunity.
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
I also got this. There are two points to emphasize:

1 This DVD set makes the two pea system practical. Combine that with the maneuvers and it really doesn't matter if someone knows how the basic shells are done. The combination makes you unbeatable.

2 Gambling Sam's video never gets old. Though he died unexpectedly his video, combined with the file of his posts, make this an unmatchable resource. It is a complete education of the real street applications.

Totally, unreservedly recommended.
supercool
View Profile
Regular user
USA
156 Posts

Profile of supercool
I bought Sal Piacente's DVD a few years ago and I have gotten pretty good at the shells. So should I also get the 1st DVD by SFS or would I be happy going strait to vol2?
Check out Smile TheMysticSpirit.com Smile
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
You can go straight to Vol II, but you will miss a lot. You will not have as complete a grounding as someone who studies things in the order we like to teach them at the School for Scoundrels. Remember, Chef, Bob and I have taught this course for twelve years at the Magic Castle.

The stuff on Vol I is very different from anything on Sal's DVD, or for that matter, on any other DVD or in any other book.

The School for Scoundrels methods for the Three Card Monte, Fast and Loose, and the Shells are original and unique--not just a recap of the classic moves.

The Haydn Turnover, Two-Pea System and Maneuvers fundamentally change the way the game is operated.

Don't be fooled by the title--"Introduction to the Shell Game." This is much more than an introduction, it is instruction in a new way of looking at the shells and working them. It takes you way deeper than anyone else's approach. It brings you to a very high level of operating. The Scoundrels Touch enlarges on and fills out the techniques that are taught on our introduction. There are new devices, methods, and ruses explained on this DVD--things that have never been shown before.

Sal's DVD is quite good, but really just covers the well-known basics.

Our DVD is attempting something much more than that, much more even than an encyclopedic description of what has been previously published on the shells.

Since all of our DVDs and books on this subject are basically designed from and for our class as texts, we tend to be very stodgy and modest in our presentation--the "School for Scoundrels Notes on Three-Card Monte" is not just a set of "Notes," it is the most detailed, thorough and original approach to the subject ever published, as well as being the largest book on the subject ever published. But the name of the book has really hurt our sales, I think.

That is because we don't tend to "hype" our work like a lot of magic shops, and therefore many people miss out on some groundbreaking information. Because of our limited "niche," we depend on word of mouth from our customers and the original, fresh analysis that we offer to sell our stuff. We don't offer a lot of "smells and bells" and fancy packaging.

This stuff is meant for serious students, not the young bucks looking for the "hottest" new thing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » The Scoundrels Touch; SFS Second DVD on the Shell Game (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL