The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Rick Merrill's "Ultimate" (?) Three Change? Anybody knows something? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2429 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Hello everybody!

I came accross this video on youtube which features a well-known routine by Rick Merrill (one he performed at the last FISM).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6xnoNGPT3g

What intrigued me is that the video is called "Three Change", but it's certainly not the routine published in Antinomy or the one he sells on his website where three half dollars change into one chinese coin, one copper coin and one centavo...

In this routine three Dollars change one by one into three chinese coins. He then proves that the chinese coins have a hole in their middle (VERY convincing display) and then they instantly change back into Dollars (and then he goes on with jumbo coins)...

Anybody knows where to find the routine he performs on this video? I was told that it was possible to purchase the coins needed (that are beautifully gimmicked I heared), but I don't know where... I know where to find the jumbo coins (I love this gimmick btw!!), but not the dollar size coins.

Does anybody know something about the routine or the coins? I'd love to hear about it!! Smile

Thanks!

Ben
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
International Mc Millan Lecture.
french tv programm " le plus grand cabaret du monde"
and http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/sea......agic_fun

If you watch carefully you can understand how he does and what kind of gimmick he uses...
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Pm'ed you.....
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2429 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Thanks! Smile
Starromeo
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Starromeo
I was looking into it the other day.
I think there is another thread talking about it.
Apparantly you can get the "opium coins" in your favourite magic store.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
It is a Pet routine of Rick's that he has not released. It's pretty clever.
Click to visit:
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2429 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Thanks for your input guys!

I hope someday the routine will be released! With the coins in Dollar size!!! Smile

Cheers!
errolbacalzo
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of errolbacalzo
I love the routine. I'm also interested in acquiring the gimmicks used, so if anyone knows where we could buy it, please send me a PM. I have an idea of the gimmicks, but I'm not sure. I hope it would be released soon. Thanks!!
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2429 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Yes, indeed, Dan, it DOES seem very clever! I've found out a few things with some help from other members, but most of his routine is a complete puzzle to me!!! I really hope he will release it some day! Smile
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Quote:
On 2008-07-30 09:00, errolbacalzo wrote:
I love the routine. I'm also interested in acquiring the gimmicks used, so if anyone knows where we could buy it, please send me a PM. I have an idea of the gimmicks, but I'm not sure. I hope it would be released soon. Thanks!!

Even if you acquired the necessary gimmick, you have absolutely no right to perform Rick's routine...

J-M
errolbacalzo
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of errolbacalzo
If someone is authorized to make the gimmicks, doesn't that mean anyone who buys that gimmick can use it in any kind of performance the buyer wants? I bought an expanded shell a long time ago and have yet to buy Homer Liwag's DVDs. Does that mean I am not allowed to try to perform CoinOne and Two? Just want to know if that's the rule. And if it is the rule, then I'd gladly stop doing it or buy the DVDs. Anyway, it's Rick's discretion as to who he would like to share it with and decide who has the right to perform the routine. And I'm guessing you're not Rick.

Peace!
errol
Jeff O
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of Jeff O
I had posted about this routine a while ago, and it interested me the second I saw it.
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
837 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Quote:
On 2008-08-12 20:23, errolbacalzo wrote:
If someone is authorized to make the gimmicks, doesn't that mean anyone who buys that gimmick can use it in any kind of performance the buyer wants? I bought an expanded shell a long time ago and have yet to buy Homer Liwag's DVDs. Does that mean I am not allowed to try to perform CoinOne and Two? Just want to know if that's the rule. And if it is the rule, then I'd gladly stop doing it or buy the DVDs. Anyway, it's Rick's discretion as to who he would like to share it with and decide who has the right to perform the routine. And I'm guessing you're not Rick.

Peace!
errol

I really don't think it has anything to do with the fact that the gimmicks are pretty much readily available. I think it mainly has to do with the fact that the actual routine itself is unpublished. Obviously, Mr. Merrill hasn't published this specific handling for a reason. It's all well and good that people can watch the video and figure out how it's done, but I don't think that was the point of posting the video in the first place either.

No one can stop anyone from doing anything. In this case, I think it's more a matter of the ethics of magic and respecting the fact that the routine is unpublished and shouldn't be done by anyone until it is; if anything at least not in a magic atmosphere (club meetings/conventions), but even doing the routine for laymen is stretching it. Whether some choose to respect that is another story. That's just my opinion and thoughts on the issue.

-Bill
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of DrVG
2022, is it published?
Thanks
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea I had Stuff like that in print 35-40 Years ago ! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2022, David Neighbors wrote:
Yea I had Stuff like that in print 35-40 Years ago ! Smile

Could you kindly point me to it David?
Thanks
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

I would have to look stuff Up ! But the one That Comes to mine right now Is in My Coinjurering Notes From 1987 It is called CHINA CHANGE on page 22 EFFECT : Three silver coins change to brass Chinese coins one at a time and
back to silver. So ok there you go !
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Ok so 14 more routines 1. Wild Impersonator Coins ( using the Ultimate Wild Coin gaff ) Pg 68 (In my Here my comes the sun and the moon notes/ 2.Lets get wild Pg 8. ( From my Not just coins Notes )/ 3.The alchemist Coin from my (Freshly Minted Notes) 4. MILE HIGH WILD COINS (Pg 9 From my Mile High Notes) 5.STAND UP TRIPLE CHANGE WILD COIN (from my not just coins Notes ) / 6. Wild coin triple triple change Pg 18 from my ( The Frist Japan Lecture Notes )
7. molecular spellbound from ( triple threat 2.0 ) pg 59. 8. china change pg. 156 ( from the Neighbors project vol. no 1 ) 9. Quick china pg 158 (also from the Neighbors project vol. no 1.) 10. the jewel (also from the Neighbors project vol. no 1.) 11. the jewel no 2 (also from the Neighbors project vol. no 1.) 12. The jewel no 3, (also from the Neighbors project vol. no 1.) 13. alchemy reset ( also from the Neighbors project vol. no 1.) 14. 3t wild coin squared (also from the Neighbors project vol. no 1.) Ok so unless I any find more that is It ! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2022, David Neighbors wrote:
Ok so 14 more routines 1. Wild Impersonator Coins ( using the Ultimate Wild Coin gaff ) Pg 68 (In my Here my comes the sun and the moon notes/ 2.Lets get wild Pg 8. ( From my Not just coins Notes )/ 3.The alchemist Coin from my (Freshly Minted Notes) 4. MILE HIGH WILD COINS (Pg 9 From my Mile High Notes) 5.STAND UP TRIPLE CHANGE WILD COIN (from my not just coins Notes ) / 6. Wild coin triple triple change Pg 18 from my ( The Frist Japan Lecture Notes )
7. molecular spellbound from ( triple threat 2.0 ) pg 59. 8. china change pg. 156 ( from the Neighbors project vol. no 1 ) 9. Quick china pg 158 (also from the Neighbors project vol. no 1.) 10. the jewel (also from the Neighbors project vol. no 1.) 11. the jewel no 2 (also from the Neighbors project vol. no 1.) 12. The jewel no 3, (also from the Neighbors project vol. no 1.) 13. alchemy reset ( also from the Neighbors project vol. no 1.) 14. 3t wild coin squared (also from the Neighbors project vol. no 1.) Ok so unless I any find more that is It ! Smile

Thanks. That s more than hoped for, will take a while to track those and study!
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

I have P.D.F'S Of all of them ! if you want any of Them ? Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Rick Merrill's "Ultimate" (?) Three Change? Anybody knows something? (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL