The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mutz Nutz (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
708 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p2974/Magic_T......nfo.html

Anyone seen this or have a review on it, its looks very nice!!
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
I did a quick search and found nothing.
It does look cool though...
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
708 Posts

Yeah I cant believe that this has not been put up on here!

Looks like a great vesion of a classic plot, could be very nice and different!

£24 think I may just bite the bullet and review myself!!
Martin Waring
View Profile
Loyal user
York, England
255 Posts

Profile of Martin Waring
TableTopTrixta (or anyone else). Did you buy this yet? The video looks wonderful and I've used the hopping halves routine with coins a few times to great effect but I've also had some people who know that there are such things as trick coins.

I think this could throw them off the scent somewhat (if indeed it is the same idea).
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
708 Posts

Martin

I decided against it as £24 seem a little steep for what you are getting!

Regards

Ash
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
A nut sh*** ?? Smile
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
No. Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
Am I really missing something - I do not see a connection with this and hopping halves?

BTW, my other comment was tongue in cheek Smile
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2008-08-27 20:51, meyegr wrote:

And so was the NO with a Smile

It can also be done with Pitzels. Smile Smile

Three Pitzels and a pair of linked Pitzel. Smile Smile Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Darren Holden
View Profile
New user
UK
17 Posts

Profile of Darren Holden
The Mutz Nutz are consructed from stainless steel and can be examined at any time. no shell no magnets and nothing to break.

Darren Holden
Martin Waring
View Profile
Loyal user
York, England
255 Posts

Profile of Martin Waring
Quote:
On 2008-08-27 20:51, meyegr wrote:
Am I really missing something - I do not see a connection with this and hopping halves?

The ad copy says 'Mutz Nutz is a great little walkaround close up effect that is simple to do yet has a big impact, anyone who performs Hopping Halves will know the strength of these types of routines, but this isn't coins, and it definitely isn't cards!!'

So nothing to do with the hopping halves principle then. Hmmm, might just have to order it.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
What about 'All Screwed UP" on Doc Eason's Bar Magic DVD? The routine is the same only you show 2 nuts and a bolt and at the end the 2 nuts are threaded on to the bolt. You can pick up the props at any hardware store.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
Hi Martin,
did you order it? If so, is it worth it?
Any other reviews, as I am thinking of going for this one.
Many thanks,

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
Nerdini
View Profile
Loyal user
Little Rock, Arkansas
223 Posts

Profile of Nerdini
Quote:
On 2008-09-05 17:39, davidpaul$ wrote:
What about 'All Screwed UP" on Doc Eason's Bar Magic DVD? The routine is the same only you show 2 nuts and a bolt and at the end the 2 nuts are threaded on to the bolt. You can pick up the props at any hardware store.

My thoughts exactly!

The two (or one) in the hand and one in the pocket routine is as old as the hills, so all one is really getting here for almost $50 US is a couple of linked nuts for a surprise finish.

While the linked nuts are unique--hardly worth the price when one considers that Doc Eason's routine is just as surprising, if not more so, since it has more phases, has tons of built in humor, and can be probably put together for less than $5.00 at just about any hardware store.

Just my opinion and of course you know what your proctologist says about opinions
"I was in love with a beautiful blonde once. She drove me to drink; that's the one thing I'm indebted to her for"
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
863 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
I've just come across this in my box of STUFF whilst looking for something else. I must have bought it second hand somewhere... it's a nice trick, but as DavidPaul$ says.. the Doc Eason one is more fun.. Much more fun. Unless you were working a trade show for mechanical engineers, the novelty of two nuts interlinked means not a lot to the average punter.
I've used the Doc Eason version, and end with an actual walnut. I was never happy with the original ending - ALWAYS seemed like an anti-climax when I performed it... but adding the walnut at the end is a shocker. I don't THINK the good Doc used the walnut in his set...
I'll give Mutz Nutz a try for a change, but I don't think it's as strong, or amusing as the Doc's ..

Regards,

DCB
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
atinczor
View Profile
Regular user
New York / Istanbul
113 Posts

Profile of atinczor
I have this trick. I must have purchased it after having couple of drinks! May be more than a couple Smile
Even though the trick looks good on the demo video, it is impossible to do it closeup without very loud music in the background, which makes it useless.
There is a move you have to perform with the linked nuts and because of the nature of the 2 linked metals making noise when thrown from hand to hand, it is impossible to do this move silently.

This trick is a rip off. Do not waste your hard earned cash on this.

You can PM me if you need to know more..
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Watched the clip. ZZZZZZZZZ.

Doc Eason's All Screwed Up is superior.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mutz Nutz (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL