The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Inputs for my new pet project (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ReDeFiNe
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of ReDeFiNe
Hi Bob,

Yes indeed the ropes I use to construct my Eternal Ropes Set are the nylon feel soft ropes (Stripe Design to further cover up the gimmick portion). They come in either blue/pink or pink/yellow stripe design.

The Powerful Rope Magic does cover 2 parts of the Eternal Ropes Set which are the Professor's Remix and Impossible Walking Knot. However they are explained slightly differently.

The Eternal Ropes Set is a ready to go set, as it includes the ropes which I hand make as well as my own Competition Rope Act.

Cheers!
Jeremy
Jeremy Pei
www.TheSocialMagician.com

For Magicians by Magicians
www.RedefineMagicOutlet.com
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Friend,

Proud to be your friend...:o)
I think I have to invite you to do lecture in our IBM Ring...
Surely they will enjoy those...

Cheers,
CC
ReDeFiNe
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of ReDeFiNe
Hi Chayo,

Thanks for the kind words.

I would love to visit Indonesia to do my lecture! However my schedule is very packed till year end, most probably early next year would be a good time to do it. I will update you as soon as my Lecture tour information for 2009 is up Smile

Cheers!

Jeremy
Jeremy Pei

Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Jeremy, How long does delivery to the U.S. take? I am eager to get the ropes and DVDs.

Peter
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Quote:
On 2008-08-01 17:17, Shawn Farquhar wrote:
Hey Jeremy,

Looks like a great video.

I just had to comment on the post by korttihai_82 of Finland. I quote: "If it can't be examined, its not magic... " ... What a bizarre thing to write. I don't think there is a single effect in any of my shows that can be examined! I am pretty sure I am doing magic. At least I am under the assumption it's magic. Correct me if I am wrong! You can't examine a Modern Art cabinet, my Origami illusion or even my egg bag ... but I am doing magic. What I can tell you is if your audience is asking to examine everything you are performing ... YOU'RE NOT ENTERTAINING!

Cheers,

Shawn Farquhar

You got the point totally wrong. I don’t feel that everything should be examined BUT if you cut rope into two, and show it clearly in two pieces and then supposedly restore it, your kidding and fooling only yourself if you believe that 90% of audience doesn’t immediately go into conclusion that there is something wrong in that rope...

The usage of common rope gimmicks is in many cases such, that they are used in the most obvious possible way. Too perfect theory goes into action. The trick itself is too perfect that only solution left in the minds of the spectators is the right one.

You’re just kidding yourself if you dismiss the option that no matter how much you entertain; there is still large number of people trying to think how magic is done. We live in 21st century... People don’t really believe in magic anymore. Some might do but hey, most of the United States still believe that earth was created by god 5000 years ago and humans lived with dinosaurs.

I feel that most magicians stop thinking way too soon or just underestimate how smart laymen, at least in Europe, really are. As Jamy Ian Swiss says: "LAYMEN CAN THINK! Most of the time even better than magicians".

What I am trying to say is that gimmicking is totally fine, if it is done in a way, that it is not obvious. I agree Don Alan in that way totally. I believe it was him who said: "Gimmick everything". I do as well in my stage act, but in ways that it isn’t totally obvious.

J-M
ReDeFiNe
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of ReDeFiNe
Hi Peter,

Thanks a lot for your order! I shipped your DVD out when I was in Hong Kong. It should arrive soon. The ropes were also shipped out a few days ago.

I also included a gift inside the package for you Smile

Cheers!

Jeremy
Jeremy Pei

ReDeFiNe
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of ReDeFiNe
Hi J-M,

I agree exactly with you that gimmicks should be used wisely. For example, such as you mentioned cutting a rope into 2 pieces, then clearly showing it, and proceed to join it together, is an obvious use of gimmicks. Well there are actually non gimmicked, sleight of hand methods to achieve the exact same visual effect.

As for the routine in my DVD, I actually share an interesting method for a solid rope which can be examined, then cut and restored in full view. I would not deny that it is a gimmicked rope. However the video portion only shows the restoration sequence.

I personally feel that although people nowadays are in the mood of trying to figure out how the effect is done, and that people know that there are no real magic. This is then important that the performance and presentation should over power the magic.

Like when David Copperfield performs cut and restored rope, he won over the audience with the entertainment value and people are not exactly that concern of whether he is using special ropes etc.

Jeremy
Jeremy Pei

Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Jeremy, I received your Powerful Rope Magic DVD today. It is FANTASTIC!! The performance is supurb and the explanations are easy to understand and you add helpful hints to make it easier. Your Professor's Remix is a unique, visual, and excellent relook at Professor's Nightmare. Not the same old 3 rope routine at all but a real reputation maker.

Well worth twice the price!

ReDeFiNe
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of ReDeFiNe
Hi Peter!

Thanks for the review. I am glad you liked it!

I am sure the rope sets you ordered should be arriving to you soon.

Do note the special gift I included which would be useful for one of the routine in the Powerful Rope Magic DVD. Smile

Cheers!

Jeremy
Jeremy Pei

Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I just took a good look at Jeremy's DVD, and I must say that Jeremy sure knows how to perform. His style is very visual, and the way he presents the old moves is quite original. This is a crash course in advanced rope magic. I saw the moves of Daryl, George Sands, and Shigeo Takagi just to name a few. All in all I think Jeremy's DVD has some great routines, a lot of great moves, and the performance style of a real pro.
GOOD ONE
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
ReDeFiNe
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of ReDeFiNe
Hi Al,

Thanks again for the kind compliments, appreciate it Smile

I have thoughts of having the DVD available as a digital download, therefore the information can be received immediately. Maybe Café members can advise me if Digital Downloads would be a good choice. Companies like Ellusionist have their products available in DVD or an instant download for the same price (less shipping of course for the download).

Jeremy
Jeremy Pei

Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Jeremy
Contact Vinny Marini who has been very sucessful with downloads.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
ReDeFiNe
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of ReDeFiNe
Hi Al,

Thanks alot! I will check Vinny's site out Smile

Jeremy
Jeremy Pei

ReDeFiNe
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of ReDeFiNe
Dear Café Members,

Thanks all for the wonderful support to my first International Released DVD.

Also a Big Thank You for all the orders that came in Smile

I am very honored to have received a 2-Full Page review by the President of the International Brotherhood of Magicians Singapore Ring 115, Mr. John Teo.

I have posted his review on my site, http://www.PowerfulRopeMagic.com , under his Testimonial Box (Somewhere in the middle of the site).

Some of you might like to read about the content of the DVD and it's reviews from the eyes of another Professional.

Cheers!

Jeremy
Jeremy Pei

Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Jeremy, I received the 2 DVDs today. Forgot that customs slows things up a LOT! but they did arrive. All I can say is MY GOD!! These are EXCELLENT!! I worked on the Linking ropes for about 30 minutes and got the moves down perfect. I tried to link and unlink just the 4 rope rings in front of another magician and he just said "OK HOW di you pull that one, it was truely professional looking! And that was just the basics I am now working on the whole routine and can gaurantee my hats will be LARGE!!

The Eternal ropes I have studied and will be perfecting that in the next week or so after I get the linking ropes down but I can see why you have awards from that act!! This has truely been the best money I ever spent and the added effects will more than pay for themselves in added income and will make my reputation even better.

Do me a favour and don't sell any more There just too good. You have done for ropes what Gazzo did for the cups and balls!!

Peter

ReDeFiNe
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of ReDeFiNe
Hi Peter!

I am glad you received the package!

Thanks a lot for the kind words. Glad to know that my magic is being performed by magicians overseas Smile

Cheers!

Jeremy
Jeremy Pei

ReDeFiNe
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of ReDeFiNe
Dear Café Members,

I just finished a lecture and performance tour in Japan, the Powerful Rope Magic DVD was a complete sell-out despite of the language barrier.

I have also added a new video testimonial on http://www.PowerfulRopeMagic.com by Shoot Ogawa, Magic Castle's 2008 Parlor Magician of The Year.

Thanks for all the support once again.

Jeremy
Jeremy Pei

Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
I recently saw a few of these rope routines LIVE at a recent SAM meeting and I must say, its some visual magic. Good job bro!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Inputs for my new pet project (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL