The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Where to buy large baseballs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Wayne Whiting
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Wayne Whiting
Does anyone have a source for the large,hard baseballs that Peter Wardell uses in his DVD Crowdpuller?
Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. Thomas Edison

www.terrylagerold.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24226 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
They should be standard hardballs. You can get those at any sporting goods store.

They are 9 inch circumference.

There are also 10 inch softballs (which are not really soft) and 11 inch softballs. These are available at sporting goods stores as well.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
T. Sebastian
View Profile
Loyal user
Ozark Mountains, USA
223 Posts

Profile of T. Sebastian
Once again, a paragon of wisdom.
Thank you.
So sorry I soiled your precious eyes.
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
724 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
How about the working balls he uses?

They are the same size as a fooze ball (spelling?)... but look like baseballs.

I would hope they are not as hard...

Anyone know where I could pick those up?

Shawn
Shawn.
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
941 Posts

Profile of cfrye
The foosballs are hard plastic. If they weren't, they wouldn't have the appearance and toughness to withstand the pounding they take on a foosball table. I had the same problem with soccer-themed foosballs I bought from Dick's Sporting Goods.

You can find vinyl baseball-themed lamp pulls at Home Depot for around $3. If you have larger than average hands, they might work for you.

Curt
Wayne Whiting
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Wayne Whiting
I should have been more specific Bill. I have the baseballs from the sporting goods stores for the final loads, but Wardell is using hard baseballs as working balls and they are not foosballs as far as I can tell. Shawn is correct. They look like baseballs with the seams and everything. When he hits them with the wand after the Ammar 4-ahead opening sequence, they make a distinctive sound unlike the leather baseballs that Ammar sells.

www.terrylagerold.com
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
724 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
Thanks Cfrye.. I will take a look at home depot.

I will be making plenty of trips there anyway.. (just gutted one of my bathrooms)

Shawn
Shawn.
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
Tell-Tale Shapeshifting
553 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
I buy a lot of different type balls at a great price from these folks.
http://www.orientaltrading.com/

They usually become giveaways to kids since they are cheap by the dozen.

Spongy sport balls of varying sizes to world glowing balls etc.
You can PM me if you have any questions on any of them, I may have the ones your interested in and can describe them to you in more detail.

Eric
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24226 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2008-07-30 08:54, Wayne Whiting wrote:
I should have been more specific Bill. I have the baseballs from the sporting goods stores for the final loads, but Wardell is using hard baseballs as working balls and they are not foosballs as far as I can tell. Shawn is correct. They look like baseballs with the seams and everything. When he hits them with the wand after the Ammar 4-ahead opening sequence, they make a distinctive sound unlike the leather baseballs that Ammar sells.

I can help with those as well. The lamp pulls from places like Home Depot or Lowe's will work fine. I have found these in two different styles and sizes. One is a little more than an inch in diameter, probably about 1 1/8 inch. The other is about the size of a golf ball, with much nicer stitching. Either of these will require that you remove the attachment hook or eye from them, and then fill the hole with spackling. Gazzo used to sell these on his web site -- the first kind.

Or -- you can get a keychain that consits of a bat and a ball or a glove and a ball. These are a whole lot cheaper than the lamp pulls. The lamp pulls will cost you $3.00 to $4.00 each. A dozen of the bat and ball or glove and ball combo key chains will cost you about $4.00 - $ 6.00. These and the lamp pulls have a wooden core and will resound mightily. They are available from party supply stores, or places like Oriental Trading or Rhode Island Novelty.

Here is a link:
http://rinovelty.com/index.cfm?fuseactio......ey+chain

http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/browse......20Detail

You will notice a large variation in price for these. I don't think there is a significant difference between the two products, but you never know.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Wayne Whiting
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Wayne Whiting
Thanks Bill,

What's the diameter of the key chain balls?

www.terrylagerold.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24226 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
They are about 1 1/8". They are the same diameter as the pull chain balls from Lowe's or Wal-Mart. The ones from Wal-Mart have a logo that needs to be painted out somehow.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Where to buy large baseballs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL