The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Diving Board Double Sequence (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Matt Richman
View Profile
New user
PA
81 Posts

Profile of Matt Richman
This is a short DL sequence. Comments and feedback is highly appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7A1jVcRhmI&fmt=18
magico563
View Profile
Veteran user
UK, sheffield.
381 Posts

Profile of magico563
WOW, this looks great!! I have never seen the one that shoots in the air but a friend of mine was talking about it a couple of week back.

Thanks,

Tom.
Matt Richman
View Profile
New user
PA
81 Posts

Profile of Matt Richman
Quote:
On 2008-07-30 10:21, magico563 wrote:
WOW, this looks great!! I have never seen the one that shoots in the air but a friend of mine was talking about it a couple of week back.

Thanks,

Tom.

It's the "Acrobatic Diving Board Double".
fbnc
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis
227 Posts

Profile of fbnc
Very nice Matt, keep up the good work
Chris SD
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Chris SD
My only question is "why?".
Matt Richman
View Profile
New user
PA
81 Posts

Profile of Matt Richman
Quote:
On 2008-07-30 14:43, Chris SD wrote:

What do you mean?
magico563
View Profile
Veteran user
UK, sheffield.
381 Posts

Profile of magico563
Quote:

LOL, Chris dose make a good point.

What I think he is saying is why and whats the point doing a double like this?? If you want to do it then just do it with a single because your audience will be amazed by the fact that you flicked the card into the air and not because 'wow, he did that with 2 cards and it looked like one'.

I mean from my point of view, it looks fantastic because I am a magician and no its a double and can appreciate it in that way but I think Chris is saying 'why do a double like that for lay audiences because that same move with a double will be no more impressive than a single to a lay audience because to them there is no difference'.

Thanks,

Tom.
Zhang
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Zhang
Quote:

Yeah,what is the point of that? that should go and the flourishes section.
ThomasJ
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
1000 Posts

Profile of ThomasJ
Quote:
On 2008-07-30 17:01, magico563 wrote:
Quote:

What I think he is saying is why and whats the point doing a double like this?? If you want to do it then just do it with a single because your audience will be amazed by the fact that you flicked the card into the air and not because 'wow, he did that with 2 cards and it looked like one'.

I mean from my point of view, it looks fantastic because I am a magician and no its a double and can appreciate it in that way but I think Chris is saying 'why do a double like that for lay audiences because that same move with a double will be no more impressive than a single to a lay audience because to them there is no difference'.

Thanks,

Tom.

Tom,
I don't think Chris meant that Matt should do it with a single rather than a double. My understanding is that Chris is wondering why do so flourishy (is that a word) stuff with a double at all. I mean it's nice to be able to do stunts with a double like that for fun, but would you really need to do that in a trick to convince someone it's a single card? Maybe I just like to keep it simple, but turning the card over should be sufficient to convince mostly anyone it's a single card.

My perception is that Chris is wondering, "Why be flashy if you're going to do a DL."
I think your perception is that Chris is wondering, "Why use two cards to do those flourishes."
I could be wrong about Chris' intention.

Matt,
You're moves are good nonetheless. It's obvious you've put in some time to learn these. Cheers to you.

-T.J.
Matt Richman
View Profile
New user
PA
81 Posts

Profile of Matt Richman
Quote:
On 2008-07-31 03:46, ThomasJ wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-07-30 17:01, magico563 wrote:
Quote:

Thanks,

Tom.

Tom,
I don't think Chris meant that Matt should do it with a single rather than a double. My understanding is that Chris is wondering why do so flourishy (is that a word) stuff with a double at all. I mean it's nice to be able to do stunts with a double like that for fun, but would you really need to do that in a trick to convince someone it's a single card? Maybe I just like to keep it simple, but turning the card over should be sufficient to convince mostly anyone it's a single card.

My perception is that Chris is wondering, "Why be flashy if you're going to do a DL."
I think your perception is that Chris is wondering, "Why use two cards to do those flourishes."
I could be wrong about Chris' intention.

Matt,
You're moves are good nonetheless. It's obvious you've put in some time to learn these. Cheers to you.

-T.J.

Honestly, the flip is more the less just for magicians in my opinion. However, the non acrobatic version is pretty convincing.
ThomasJ
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
1000 Posts

Profile of ThomasJ
Matt,

I think all of them are convincing. All I was saying was that I'm not sure they are necessary to do in the context of a trick to convince someone it's a single card. This is strictly personal preference, and I don't mean to put you down in any way. I was just saying what I thought Chris' intention was when he asked, "Why?" because I agree with him.

Cheers,

T.J.
Matt Richman
View Profile
New user
PA
81 Posts

Profile of Matt Richman
Quote:
On 2008-07-31 12:07, ThomasJ wrote:
Matt,

I think all of them are convincing. All I was saying was that I'm not sure they are necessary to do in the context of a trick to convince someone it's a single card. This is strictly personal preference, and I don't mean to put you down in any way. I was just saying what I thought Chris' intention was when he asked, "Why?" because I agree with him.

Cheers,

T.J.

I'm still not sure that they are necessary. xD
whateverisisright
View Profile
Regular user
Savannah, Georgia
132 Posts

Profile of whateverisisright
I don't find it necessary, but it's clear he's put a lot of work into it and it does add a little flare to a card show---no different than other flourishes. And, as someone pointed out, he COULD do it with just one card and it would look equally cool. However, I think it's "convincing" in that no one is going to suspect it's two cards so from the spectator's point of view it's just a flashy way to show one...

Just my $0.02.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
This effect looks great to me. It looks like magic. And it's beautiful.

As far as the "point" for the move goes, it should really throw off anyone who suspects or knows about DL's, it's just so audacious that someone would try this with two cards.

This looks like another long term project that I wanna start NOW...
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Just bought the pdf file for the move from Mr. Asher's website, and received a really nice follow-up email from Mr. Asher to make sure the download went smoothly. He has a special right now where you can purchase the Diving Board double and a manuscript describing a pretty striking four-Ace production at a reduced combo price. The explanations in the pdf files are very clear, with good photographs, and Mr. Asher offered to personally answer any questions. Very, very happy with the purchase, and am looking forward to spending time learning these moves.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2008-11-22 02:56, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Just bought the pdf file for the move from Mr. Asher's website, and received a really nice follow-up email from Mr. Asher to make sure the download went smoothly. He has a special right now where you can purchase the Diving Board double and a manuscript describing a pretty striking four-Ace production at a reduced combo price. The explanations in the pdf files are very clear, with good photographs, and Mr. Asher offered to personally answer any questions. Very, very happy with the purchase, and am looking forward to spending time learning these moves.

Are you able to perform it smoothly yet?
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
I love the Diving Board Double... the acrobatic method in particular. It's very fun to perform, almost addictive... and really not as difficult as it looks. It's more of a knack, at least it was for me.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Diving Board Double Sequence (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL