The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Question re: ITR Thread Boss (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

billm55
View Profile
Regular user
Des Moines, Iowa
144 Posts

Profile of billm55
I have just purchased an ITR Thread Boss and have noticed that when the thread is pulled out of the unit, when let go, it will retreat back into the unit much like a spring loaded tape measure. That makes it impractical for effects when you need it at a certain length and you don't want to be pulling on it to keep it from going back into the unit. Am I missing something here or what do I need to do.
Bill Mogolov
The Mental Magic of M
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
You need either to 'anchor' it between or around your fingers in some way or maybe have a seperate line of just IT.
samm
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of samm
I thought thread boss was slow retraction.
Is it worth buying? if so does anyoneknow where I can get one cheaply.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3617 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
You're not missing anything - that's the way they work. It's also the way the Spider pen works. You can use it for effects where you need a horizontal fixed thread, but for effects where you need a non-retractable length of thread, you need to use a piece of IT without the reel. In other words, if you need a certain length for a certain trick, you don't use the Boss. Different methods for different effects. I hope this makes sense.

Jim
Magi51
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Magi51
You could anchor it to a table in front of you and then float things on it without worrying about it retracting.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Question re: ITR Thread Boss (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL