The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Wand that won’t mark or dent cups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

spcarlson
View Profile
Veteran user
Minneapolis MN
360 Posts

Profile of spcarlson
Wand that won’t mark or dent cups

I recently ran across an ad for a plastic tipped wand that would not nick or dent your more valuable cups, I can’t recall where it was? Wood of course is better than metal on the cups but wood is usually too light.

I do remember--years ago--Pressley Guitar had a great stainless steel wand with ebonite tips. Does anyone know if any thing like that is still around today? Or if you’ve seen it the link to the ad I mentioned above?

Thanks in advance,
Steven

P.S. I ‘m in the market for a PG wand if you know of one. Check out Mr. Palmer’s Cups & Balls museum under wands for a nice photo of one.
Legendary Creations

from Merlin to Marilyn

www.MagicalArtCreations.com

www.StevenPaulCarlson.com
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1233 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
I had Tabman make me a wand for these specific reasons. He made me a walnut wand and instead of having metal tips, he moved the metal inward about an inch so that the wand hand metal rings around it. Go to http://www.tabmantables.com to see his wands. They are very nice. The closest one to mine is probably the "Bill Palmer" wand. I think his wands are very reasonably priced. My Tabman wand is about half an inch think and twelve inches. It is a hefty, good sized wand.

BTW, I have used this wand on my Sherwood cups for 4 years now the cups are in excellent condition.

Good luck.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24226 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The PG wands come up on the auction sites from time to time. However, if you e-mail Mad Jake, he can make you a wand with Delrin tips. That is as good as ebonite. In any case -- don't pound your cups with your wands. Tap them.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2695 Posts

Profile of sethb
I use a plain old plastic wand that retails for about $2. I can still make my brass Bazar cups ring nicely with a tap of the wand, and it will never dent or scratch the cups.

I can't use the wand as a prybar and wand spins are out of the question, but otherwise I think it works out just fine.

Many years ago Al Flosso gave me a beautiful wand. I'm not sure who made it, but it was heavy, solid plastic, very shiny and a real worker's tool. Somewhere along the way I managed to misplace it, and I really miss it. It was a perfect C & B wand. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
spcarlson
View Profile
Veteran user
Minneapolis MN
360 Posts

Profile of spcarlson
You know I never hit my cups, just tap them if anything, but my old bronze Monti’s have all these tiny dings in them. Actually it gives them character but I don’t want any dings in my fancier cups. I did find the location of the “cup safe” wand and it was where I thought RnT II, the SLB Delrin wand, just like you said Bill. It’s plain but safe for soft metal cups like silver.

Tabman makes some nice wands Porper as well, I am sure anything with wood tips would be safe for sterling cups. The cool thing about the PG wands was they came apart and you could even make them smaller!

Thanks everyone,
Steven
Legendary Creations

from Merlin to Marilyn

www.MagicalArtCreations.com

www.StevenPaulCarlson.com
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Does NERF make a magic set? They should...
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Wand that won’t mark or dent cups (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL