The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » How to Approach Strangers? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Airave
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
137 Posts

Profile of Airave
That is cool! I do stuff at airports,
in line at the store or gas station,
anywhere for any reason... just to
get a smile, make someones day.

See a group of kids? Thrill them!

That is Magic! Smile
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
I'm a fan of the approach like the rabbits... did you drop this.

I've used Dingle's "Hey did you drop this red knife? No? How 'bout this white knife?" Using the color changing knives of course.

I've also done this: "Hey did you drop this quarter? No? Are you sure? Look at the date. Can you see the date?" (pass my hand over quarter and change to jumbo quarter) "Can you see the date now?"

At a Jim Sisti lecture years ago he had this approach:
"Did you drop this purse (coin purse)? No? Are you sure? There's a coin in here, a key, a dollar bill, and this." He then pulls out a full sized wooden coat hanger (without the hook). Very funny and very startling.
Gate
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Gate
Here a little a something which I always like to do with the sponge balls. It's one of those props I always carry around with me at all times.

What you do is very simple. You go up to a group of people and say: "Hey, guys, I got something to show you all...these are my balls!" Bearing in mind, your body language and facial expression plays a very important part in this. After you say, "I got something to show you all," you want to lean in to the group and look left and right as if you are, like, showing them something very secret.

And I guarantee you will definitely get a huge laugh out of this. From here, you can simply move on to whatever routine you do with your sponge balls
Glen
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Glen
I've approached people and with a smile said, "Could I annoy the crap out of y'all for a minute?" And they are most always curious to find out how or what I mean by that. Others notice, and soon you have an audience.
Circus Bambouk
View Profile
Loyal user
Tempe, AZ
256 Posts

Profile of Circus Bambouk
Continuing in the "Did you drop/lose this?" vein...Fire Wallet. That has worked wonders for me.

In a bar, it works well to begin showing stuff to the bartender. Eventually, more people will take interest, and you can expand from there.

If I'm dressed as a performer, I just crouch down or sit on a rock in a park and begin laying out two sponge balls. Within sixty seconds, I'll have at least one family watching. By the end of the second phase of the routine, I'll have about 40 to 50 people.

To start a larger street show, I inflate a 260 balloon. Then, I swallow it. Slowly.

Reading what I just wrote indicates to me that I belong more on the busker thread than this one; just wanted to share.

-Brian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » How to Approach Strangers? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL