The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Multi Dimensional by Craig Filicetti (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24~25..30..34..38..42..45~46~47 [Next]
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
I developed the bluetooth photocube a while back using a bluetooth transmitter/receiver:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=82

The smallest photocube I know of right now is for showcasing golfballs. They sell these at the baseball card shows.

Eventually I will bring out my custom photocube ... and it will be VERY SMALL (you can bet your house on it). I've been sidetracked with computer projects over the last year but in the meantime I will enjoy using Craigs MD Cube (absolutely fantastic)!!!

- Steve
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Mindyourmagic, ahh perfect - I don't need to waste time finding or building my own. Craig's already done it! I like the impromptu nature that Craig's blank white board shell could lend itself to in various performing situations. Looks cool too.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
If anyone who uses the ESP cube would like to use ESP cards in their routine, I had some special cards designed by Card-Shark of Germany specifically for Multi Dimensional. Christian (Card-Shark) did a beautiful job.

Here is a link: http://www.card-shark.de/bilder/esp-symbols.png

The cards are the same weight as Bicycle and they are poker size. Also, the backs are marked! The markings are subtle, but they can be easily read from a few feet away.

Craig Filicetti plans to carry these cards on his web site in the future or you can order them directly from Card-Shark.

Robert
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I use these with John Cornilius' "Thoght Transmitter"

I'm sure you could use these with MD.

http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=7899
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Neznarf -- It's a nice idea, but there are only five chips in the set at Stevens Magic that you mentioned, and six sides on the MD cube.

Cheers,
Jerry
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Here is an idea that I use .. I have 6 business cards and on each card I place in black sharpie ink (using a new thin marker sharpie just came out with) one of the esp symbols .. then I write the other 5 symbols on the same card using a Frixion pen. I use a lighter to heat up the card .. all the Frixion drawn symbols disappear and the only one remaining is the one in regular ink. I always carry around 3 sets of the 6 esp cards. On the esp symbol that is in regular ink I make one edge of the symbol a little bit thicker than the other symbols -- I just force the respective card. BTW: Frixion (by Pilot) just came out with a yellow (and also other colors) wide highlighter pen which also has possibilities.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Your right. But there are ways around that.

This chips are cool because people can handle and examine them.

Only Neg is they get dirty real fast.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Bananafish
View Profile
Elite user
Simon Shaw, Suffolk, England
415 Posts

Profile of Bananafish
Quote:
On 2009-06-02 20:11, TheAmazingSteveo wrote:
Here is an idea that I use .. I have 6 business cards and on each card I place in black sharpie ink (using a new thin marker sharpie just came out with) one of the esp symbols .. then I write the other 5 symbols on the same card using a Frixion pen. I use a lighter to heat up the card .. all the Frixion drawn symbols disappear and the only one remaining is the one in regular ink

Steveo - that's an amazing idea. I love it.
gunthard
View Profile
New user
Germany
86 Posts

Profile of gunthard
I love performing the MD.
And I love the outstanding quality and reliability of this product and Craig's service.
Gunthard
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
In regards to the Frixion idea, Mathieu Bich has one of the ideas that I sent him when he first released his manuscript for the pen. It's on his Sympathetink page. I used Banachek's ABCD test and basically psychologically force the letter which I then have them circle/cross out or a variation of it depending on if they hit it on the first go or not. I carried a stack of cut to size index cards or business cards (depending on what I carried on my person at the time). I never liked the idea of having these cards pre-made so what I did was have the separate sets of the cards on me. Each set had just one letter pre-written and I would openly write in the other letters with the Frixion pen. (Note: I find that the Papermate pen's ink matches that of the Frixion pen the best) One can also apply this handling to Steveo's idea (I liked it a lot but having them pre-made and having forcing one just feels unnatural to me). I'm planning my presentation to be having the spec concentrate on the row of numbers I've apparently written down openly in front of them. Instructing them to concentrate on just their number and become so focused as to have tunnel vision where the only number they can see is their number while the others fade away. The idea being turning their concentration and focus into a tangible and physical reality.
craig filicetti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Arizona
550 Posts

Profile of craig filicetti
These are truly some amazing routines! As Jerry also pointed out, I think performing as Jamie does here is worth trying. He is the first I know of to do it this way. If anyone else has tried this, please comment.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=175&0

As magicians we all know having a product work without the box is more difficult than doing it with the box. But, we should think about how the audience sees it. In having a routine that escalates in difficulty, doing it with the box last may just be the most difficult from the audience perspective. Definitely worth experimenting.

-Craig
ProMystic - Professional Systems For Mentalists
<BR>www.promystic.com
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
884 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
I just ordered this a couple days ago and cant wait. I bought it HIGHLY due to Jamies review. And It seems I have to look thru a lot of my stuff after I read his column because I did buy it but never got around to it yet. This was a pretty hefty chunk o' change, but I really feel it will be worth it.....

-J-
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
It received a good review in Genii last month as well Smile
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2009-06-05 19:30, kissdadookie wrote:
It received a good review in Genii last month as well Smile

Wow....it's about time!

As for using the box I have yet to use it nor will I ever do so. The color cube has to be the most innocuous or innocent looking thing one can use for this. But in my humble opinion, once you bring out a custom made box for it that blows the idea of having possibly picked this little color cube up from some dollar store or whatever. If at all possible I always have the spec. place a coffee cup over it or if that is not available, simply a napkin and or ones hands. The less gimmicky I can get away with the better. But hey.....whatever works best for you.

~gaffed~ Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Gaffed, I made a post on my way of introducing the cube into play, the post can be found on Craigs MD forum over on his site. I became a bit overly wordy with my post but I tried to give as much detail as possible. My goal was to introduce the cube at a moment when there is absolutely no heat on you as to using any kind of gaff or prop. In other words, you are doing a propless effect first and then introducing the cube immediately afterward while they are still pondering on the first effect. You'll understand (hopefully) what I mean after you read that post.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Yep...I read it. You're certainly giving this a lot of thought and a good work out and as it well deserves. That is what is so nice about MD as it is for all practical purposes self working which lends itself well to leaving nothing but ones imagination and presentation. It seems as though people are now only beginning to scratch the surface of it's endless possibilities. It is indeed a very powerful tool to have in ones arsenal if handled with the finesse it well deserves.

~gaffed~
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
It definitely needs finesse and a bit of window dressing because it is truly quite a straight forward and direct demonstration of mind reading. Mind reading as mentalists have long ago found out, is actually quite boring in nature, thus it is our job to make it play big and add whatever visualization to our demonstrations as possible (for lack of a better term, we need to weave in the drama).

On another note, the Jerome Finley Ebook is a tremendously delightful collection of work using MD. Highly recommended and it's free for all MD users Smile Craig also has some other extremely interesting things coming down the pipes really really soon. He's really created a very versatile system here Smile Not necessarily new ideas but the technology being used absolutely blows the competition out of the water, including the stuff coming out of his nearest competitor, Labco.
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
You know I have to admit to being stupid enough to dismiss MD first time round, I am *SO* glad I didn't, I love it to bits, can't fault it.
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
After having this for a couple weeks now and having the chance to perform it, I must say that it is truly a work of art! It really fools the magicians too, and my wife, who is trying her best to figure this out and she's not even close!

The color cube is soooo simple looking in that it looks like something you picked up at the dollar store! And for my mentalism programs, the ESP dice is perfect!

I was eating this past Saturday at a Japanese restaurant where they cook in front of you and beforehand I took out some cards to show my niece a trick and a family across the table saw the cards, asked if I was a magician, and then told me they had a birthday girl with them and asked to show them something.

I immediately got out MD and proceeded to amaze the kids and then the parents with more and more difficult revelations of the color. They were absolutely amazed and the mom, who was a local newscaster wanted my website and all my info, etc. As we were leaving I heard them still whispering to each other how that was possible.

Great effect and highly recommended by me, and Craig is a pleasure to deal with!
Chad
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
A Presentation I have used:

I have spectator choose a Number, Color or ESP Sign.

Then I have them repeat after me . . .

Black, Blue, Green, Red, White or Yellow
Or
Circle, Cross, 3 wavy lines (or bacon), Square, Star or Infinity
Or
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6

Then I pick their selection. Then tell them I could tell by the sound of their voice.

The sometimes at the same table I try it without the ‘repeat after me’ bit.

And amazingly I still get it right.

It drives people nuts.

As most of you already know.

When I want to kill a table I do MD, QB2 and (if 5 people at table) Body Language.

That’s about $1,100 worth of well spend magic money.

And Yes, Craig’s customer service it “Top Shelf” & “Rolls Royce” and he seems like a good guy too.
Craig also answers my emails, quick as quick can be!

Nez
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Multi Dimensional by Craig Filicetti (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24~25..30..34..38..42..45~46~47 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL