The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Multi Dimensional by Craig Filicetti (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..43~44~45~46~47 [Next]
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
I ordered Multi Dimensional this is pretty exciting. I plan to use it as an introduction to Color Match. I want to play up the "suggestion" angle, where I can figure out what color they like, and then even what picture they will draw.

I do lots of other magic, so not planning to do a bunch of sleight of hand and then pretend I'm a mentalist. Smile In my experience Color Match is really strong and can be presented as a "trick" with no problems, I think MD will work the same way.
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
747 Posts

Profile of carlwag
I had this but sold it due to cash flow , now I wish I hadn't .

This is a top item ,well made ,works perfectly and a must.

carl.
Jupiter47
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of Jupiter47
Wow, this thing is truly INSANE. I can't even comprehend how much work and thinking has gone into this.

I really love the presentation with the coloured in pages so I used my MD to do that. It was the first thing that I showed my gf.

I had her roll the dice and then pick up the corresponding coloured pencil and then colour in. It went perfect. When I came back into the room and told her to open the prediction that had been sitting in front of her the whole time, I knew her mind was about to shut down. And it did. Never been so fooled in all her life Smile

Definately one of my best purchases ever
View Profile
Elite user
433 Posts

Profile of 13
Craig, please consider a version of MD Mini that looks like the MD ESP symbol version. PLEASE Smile
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Yes but then it wouldn't look organic perhaps.

Cool but I doubt it and I think the mini's are a pain to make, hence the limited supply.

My opinions only.

Love the ESP cube but mini version wouldn't really improve it that much.

The existing mini really does look like a cheap
toy.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Cris Johnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Niagara Falls, NY
248 Posts

Profile of Cris Johnson
I agree with other posts regarding Craig's work. I own Taste and feel it is beyond belief. I bought it for one of the tougher markets - teen school assemblies - and Craig's work slays every time.
Cris Johnson, BCH, CI, CT.NLP

www.ProfessionalMagicProducts.com
View Profile
Elite user
433 Posts

Profile of 13
Quote:
On 2012-09-28 15:06, saysold1 wrote:
Love the ESP cube but mini version wouldn't really improve it that much.

It would improve it for me Smile and I will buy a couple of them.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I'd like a cold reading cube, that would be so awesome!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
It seems to me that in order to offer the ESP cube and Cold Reading cube in a mini would require a complete reworking of the cube. It would need to have access like the standard MD. In other words, a completely new cube, inside and out.

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Well it can't hurt to wish I suppose.

Craig apparently had to buy some new high end equipment to make the latest MD Mini. Anything is possible - the convenience of having readily on your keychain does make it so much easier.

With the new PMR r******r then you will have an entire mentalism kit on your keychain.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Just don't lose your keys or your scr***d Smile
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On 2012-09-28 21:41, Sammy J. wrote:
It seems to me that in order to offer the ESP cube and Cold Reading cube in a mini would require a complete reworking of the cube. It would need to have access like the standard MD. In other words, a completely new cube, inside and out.

Sammy

I think if he made various shells like he has for the full size MD, that would work perfect. The mini md does have access, just a different method.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
View Profile
Elite user
433 Posts

Profile of 13
Quote:
I think if he made various shells like he has for the full size MD, that would work perfect. The mini md does have access, just a different method.

Yes, that would be GREAT!
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
I have used this quite a few times now. maybe this particular method has been discussed, not sure, but here is how I like to do it.

I use the color cube with a coffee cup and a book, and pass this from one person to another.

Each one selects a color and I guess it by asking a few questions, looking for "tells"

So the game is to catch them giving up the secret. So questions can be about Halloween (orange and black) Politics (red and blue) and so forth.

In almost every situation they will accidentally reveal the color, or it sure looks like they did. You can use an article of clothing or something nearby as well.

If someone starts playing tough (this will happen as the game progresses) then just list all the colors and watch them and slowly zero in on their color.

Some smart guy will also shake up the cube and place it on the book for a random color. If you hear this you can tell them you don't think they actually know the color! Nice touch.

This is the setup for the full color match pens, where you are now predicting an entire drawing.

The "poker tell" theme works for me because I am also doing cards and coins, so the mentalist patter is not going to fly.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Bill- great ideas. Look downstairs in inner as some cool faves of performers are now being discussed.
targetintellect
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of targetintellect
I have been performing multi dimensional for years now, and I have posted my presentation earlier on this site. I just have to say that using this to demonstrate the power of persuasion slays corporate audiences. It has become the most convincing and powerful demonstration in my presentation. This is by far one of the best investments I've made.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2009-01-18 19:30, targetintellect wrote:
I've had mine for a while now and it is a close-up killer. My favorite revelation is still having the number blister on your finger. One of the best investments I've made in my professional magic career.

This week will be my first time performing it in a stand-up situation whilst doing a business presentation on the power of persuasions. I'm using the color cube and a white board. Basic effect: Six colors written on a hand-held whiteboard. I turn the board away from the audience and put an "x" next to the color I will persuade the audience member to chose. I put the board down, hand the cube to the participant. Once he's made his choice, I turn around the whiteboard showing him that green was my target color, and of course he picked just that.

I'll let you all know what reaction it gets.

p.s. extra bonus is that I list the colors in numeric order - how easy is that?
Magic1
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
408 Posts

Profile of Magic1
Targe, are you using some kind of whiteboard t**** wr*t*r after they say their color? Great presentation! Thanks
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Quote:
On 2012-02-24 14:11, targetintellect wrote:
The white board is simple: Purchase a small 12" white board - the kind that college kids hang on their doors. Make sure it is MAGNETIC. Write the colors in MD order in PERMANENT black marker. Buy thin black magnetic sheets and cut out a very thin X that looks just like you would write it. I tuck the "x" under the boarder of the white board, so I can show the colors to the audience. You now use the the erasable marker and PRETEND to write an "x". I then slide the magnetic X to the color I think they are most likely to pick. When MD tells you what color they actually picked, you slide the magnetic X to the appropriate color. It's nice when they pick what you picked because you simply turn the board around and show them. It gets stronger as you repeat it. (tip - put the whiteboard face down after you "select" their color, and only pick it up whey you are ready to reveal their color)

I tried to build this, and had lots of trouble. The X didn't look real (to me at least). Any better tips on building this? or maybe something else that would do the job?
Slepton
View Profile
New user
France
42 Posts

Profile of Slepton
I arrive maybe late on this subject but I just had the opportunity to use it (the ESP one) on my last gig this weekend and it is clearly one of the best investment of the year. A pleasure to build routines with it. I also want to thank Craig for his profesionalism to adress personally any issues with the material.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Multi Dimensional by Craig Filicetti (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..43~44~45~46~47 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL