We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » One Case? One Hour? One Show? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicguy82
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of magicguy82
I wasn't sure where to post this. But after going big too fast in my own magic business, I realized that bigger isn't better. Actually bigger is simply more headaches.

I'm looking for others who have opted to keep their show down to using only one case. I'm looking for others who have been able to create some sort sort of story around coming on stage with only one case, but entertaining an audience for an hour.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24120 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Rope tricks
Sponge tricks
Coin tricks
Card tricks
Silk tricks

Using the above is the way to go. It also depends on the size of your crowds and your interest. You might want to look in each section of the items I listed above and learn more about which one fits you best.

Add the Chinese Linking Rings to the list too.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3250 Posts

Profile of gaddy
One case? Think bigger. Shoot for one pocket!
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
I keep everything in my Jimmy Talksalot pouch and my 12" linking rings around my neck.

Paddy
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1274 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
You write "coming on stage with only one case, but entertaining an audience for an hour." Are you talking about street performing or a stage show?
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
mplegare
View Profile
Veteran user
Forest Grove, Oregon
310 Posts

Profile of mplegare
That's pretty much what I do - I've worked hard to get my 'show' (tripod stand and tabletop included) down to fit into one of the Duluth Trading Company's marvelous "AWOL BAGS". What I carry:

* Color changing rope (white to black - this thing is over 10 years old now!)
* Three "crystals of mystery" (faceted high bounce balls) in a pouch
* many hanks of rope for Mongolian Pop Knot & spare knots
* Scissors
* My Fez Smile
* The three "linked" rings from my Chinese Linking Ring set
* Mr. L's "Iron Garotte" (with spare *special thingies*)
* Viking Magic heavy duty aluminum tripod
* Tabletop base with flange which is bit enough to put the AWOL bag upon
* Sign (that's always useful. Sometimes the difference between Street Performer and Street Person is a sign!)
* A couple decks of cards
* Tip and rainbow streamer (Darn you Jeff McBride!)

I can do 30 to 60 minutes out of this. The only problem is that it isn't carry-on-luggage approvable. Want to guess the bit the TSA has a problem with?

*Just* the garotte. And that's because of the wooden handles!
Matthew Legare aka Tobias the Adequate! - http://www.adequateblog.today.com - you know you want to.
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
Mplegare, I would have guessed either the rope or the stand.

George
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » One Case? One Hour? One Show? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL