The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Working at amusment parks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Saqib16
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Saqib16
Hello I am thinking about working at a local amusment park doing magic. Is there any videos that you all would recommend for like a complete routine...or good tricks to use in a park setting? thanks
dgiancaspro
View Profile
Regular user
New York City
121 Posts

Profile of dgiancaspro
What kind of setting will you be in ?
Walking Around , On a Stage, Out in the open but always in the same spot like working in fornt of the Merry go Round like Merlin in Disney World.

Dave
"Mommy when I grow up I want to be a magician"
"Oh sweety you can't do both."
Saqib16
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Saqib16
walking around
Tor Egil
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
495 Posts

Profile of Tor Egil
Well all I can tell you is, its quite amusing.
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Good walk around effects should always include something that you can walk around with, like the multiplying bannana trick where you have a bannana in your hand and as you pull it away, another one pops into view in your hand. (It is a repeating trick with two "sponge" bannanas). It is a greatway to catch peoples attention as you wander, and once you have a few peoples attention, you can ebgin to perform some "magic" for them and as theyare standing and watching, you will find you will be gathering a larger crowd.

Other great walk around effects like that include the "bounce, no bounce balls", "coin rolls" and "card flourishes", the use of a FISM flash, repeatedly pulling coins from the air - a great lead in to other coin effects including the misers dream, just to start you off with ideas.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
dgiancaspro
View Profile
Regular user
New York City
121 Posts

Profile of dgiancaspro
Check the Street Magic forum and the Sidewalk Shuffle Forum there a wealth of information there. I would also consider learning to Juggle if you don't know how to already and don't forget your sponge balls.

Dave
"Mommy when I grow up I want to be a magician"
"Oh sweety you can't do both."
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1298 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Be careful, you may encounter some difficulty with park personnel, depending on which amusement park you go to !
When are you thinking of going there and doing your stuff ?
Best of luck to you and please let us know how it goes.

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
BryanDreyfus
View Profile
Loyal user
293 Posts

Profile of BryanDreyfus
You had better be hired...or you will be ejected from the park at best at worst you may be arrested.

good luck,

Bryan
Oh sure, I can spell "Antidisestablishmentarianism", but I can't type t-h-e.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17670 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Have you started the gig yet? Where are you at?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
If you really want to gather a group of people, just stare at the ground until a lot of people gather around trying to see what you see. Then come to life and do your stuff. The thing with the park staff is this, If you are going to do it on your own, talk to them, and if you are going to make a profit, kick 5-10% to them, it'll keep them happy.
I have the breath of dragons and the soul of a human.
Michaels
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of Michaels
Quote:
On 2003-04-29 23:50, BryanDreyfus wrote:
You had better be hired...or you will be ejected from the park at best at worst you may be arrested.

good luck,

Bryan

I couldn't agree more. If you're not hired then don't even consider performing. If you have been OK'ed to work the park, then may I suggest doing any strolling type routines that you are comfortable with and that appeal to family audiences.
"Our technology is ahead of our humanity"
Albert Einstein
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Working at amusment parks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL