The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » King of Hearts Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Does anyone know who sells the Jumbo King of Hearts gospel effect in the PVC plastic material. Can't seem to locate it via a google search...

Don't want the card stock model...

Thanks,

Lyndel
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
THIRTY views of this thread so far and NOBODY knows where to get this effect?! Now I'm wondering if it's even made any more...

Lyndel
MagicBobZ
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of MagicBobZ
Just a great story I’d like to share. The trick was "originated" by Doug Dean. The Lansing IBM Ring is officially titled, "IBM Ring 54 -- The Magicians Guild of Lansing/Doug Dean Ring." About 5 or 6 years ago, Doug was sitting behind me at a secular magic convention and, while waiting for the session to begin, I was performing the trick for a fella sitting next to me. BTW, the fella really loved the trick! Following the exchange, Doug, who I have known for a couple of decades, said, "Bob, do you know who invented that trick?" Of course he meant “using it as a gospel application.” He told me that he did when he was working for Burger King. BK planned to use it as a kid's meal prize, referring to the Burger King as being the "King of Hearts". Doug stopped them, prompted by his knowing who was/is the king of his heart. Doug then passed the idea to Dock Haley who subsequently manufactured it. Cool story.
Further, imagine performing a trick with the inventor, unknown to you, sitting behind you!
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Great story Bob! Thanks for sharing!

Lyndel
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Sorry Lyndel, I don't know of anyone making them out of pvc material, obviously you've seen it done that way or else you wouldn't be asking...maybe they had them custom made.

By the way, you're one of those folks I really like here on the Café...
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Ah shucks... Thanks Terry!

Yeah, I saw one at a magic shop in NC and bought it for a friend of mine who is a Methodist minister. He really appreciated it and uses it all the time. Now I want to find another one for myself and it is becoming quite a quest! Smile

Oh well, the search continues...

Lyndel
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
I'm checking with some sources to see if I can locate it for you.
Wes Holly
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore, MD
639 Posts

Profile of Wes Holly
Greetings,
One option is to take the images you want to use to a next day sign printer (like "fastsigns"). They will have a designer on staff who cn take those images and print them on the material of your choice. It will not be the cheapest way to do it, but it will get the job done Smile
Happily Yours,
Wes Holly
www.wesholly.com
Baltimore, MD, USA
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Is the magic shop in NC still in business? Seems like they might know who produced or supplied the effect.

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Quote:
On 2008-08-09 20:50, Terry Holley wrote:
Is the magic shop in NC still in business? Seems like they might know who produced or supplied the effect.

Terry

Thanks Terry, Guess that's my next step! Smile

Lyndel
gbradburn
View Profile
New user
Raleigh, NC
74 Posts

Profile of gbradburn
Quote:

Where in NC? The Magic Corner on Capital Blvd in Raleigh is still in business.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
The shop was in Ashville as I recall...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » King of Hearts Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.34 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL